GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,023
0 members and 1,023 guests
No Members online

Old 05-11-2005, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool Univ. of South Florida Recruitment

Hey everyone.....I've been a lurker on here for quite some time and finally decided to post tonight. For all of you USF people, what is sorority recruitment like there? Would sophomore transfer students do ok in it? General information about the greek system there would be quite helpful for me. The USF greek website seems to be a bit outdated and some advice would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it on here......thanks!!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Do a search there are a plethora of threads that discuss it
Old 06-28-2005, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to FireLily0
Hello!

First off, do not worry about going through recruitment as a sophomore - as long as you have a decent GPA (I think the normal is 2.5 and each sorority has their own) then it really does not matter.

Recruitment is 5 days (Spirit, Philantrophy, Sisterhood, Pref, and finally BID DAY!). You go to a certain amount of houses each day, but I am not sure exactly how it works now because I went through recruitment 2 years ago and they changed it last year. I know that you go to all houses (8 to be exact) the first two days, and then after that, I have no idea :/. I know you get to rank after the 2nd day .

Spirit Day is a casual day, so wear something nice, yet comfortable - nice pair of khaki capris with a cute polo, with some "dressy flip flops".

Philantrophy Day is a fun day, you get to make a craft for the local cancer/childrens hospital. I would suggest a cute skirt or white capris, cute top, and a low heel.

Sisterhood Day is more dressy, so a cute sundress would be perfect - definitely with cute heels. A skirt can also work, just make sure it is appropriate for an interview (NOTHING SHORT).

Pref day is more personal usually with one sister. This is definitely a dress day - something that you would wear to a wedding or a cocktail party. Be modest, but cute. Please know that the sororities will be wearing black so you might want to wear a colorful print.

Bid Day - CASUAL like jeans, jean skirt, shirt does not matter because all the sororities have their own shirts that they give to the NMS you will be spending time with the sorority that gave you a bid so be comfy! Time for pictures, food, and tons of fun!!