GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 934
1 members and 933 guests
No Members online

Old 07-19-2002, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chopper816
omaha, nebraska is a good place to visit!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-19-2002, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite cities in which to vacation:

1. New Orleans, LA (I've always loved the nightlife, but taking a tour during the day made me appreciate the real beauty of the residential districts)

2. San Francisco & surrounding Bay Area, CA (yeah, I'm a native Californian, but SF continues to surprise me with new sides of its personality. Maybe I wouldn't suggest living here, but between SF, San Jose, Oakland and all the cities in the nine-county Bay Area, there's no place better to visit in the country)

3. Boston, MA (this city reminded me of an older, more genteel SF, and I loved it. I SOOOO want to go back (but this time not in February, YIKES)

4. Washington, DC (I think this area is totally wonderful to visit)

5. Wine Country (Napa and Sonoma), CA: Part of the nine-county Bay Area. Where else can you visit a million winerys, eat fantastic food, have small town shopping excursions, take a hot air balloon or bicycle tour around the countryside AND end the day with a hot natural mud bath???? Check out the Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa.

6. Manhattan and surrounding borroughs: hmmmmm, what needs to be said about NY, NY?

7. Las Vegas. At least once, bring LOTS of money and blow it in Vegas. This playground for adults (and now kids too) can keep you occupied for at least a week. Yeah, it's a bit phony, and now a bit more "pedestrian" with some of the old town glamour gone (folks showing up at Delmonicos in sweats is NOT a positive), but wow, great food, fantastic entertainment, impressive spas and suites.
Old 07-19-2002, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

One place I've always wanted to visit but have never been:

The Greenbrier in West Virginia. My family went there once for lunch on the way to school and let me tell you, it's plush. Great golf course, it's own shopping mall, and beautiful decorating. It screams class (in it's own WASPY way
Old 07-19-2002, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Have bee t o most of these and is hard to say which is the best. Each has its own thing!

Some not mentioned, Taos NM, San Deigo, Kansas City, St. Louis, Houston, Dallas, Chicago, NYNY, Philly, Dayton (Ohio) Vegas and Little Reno, ETC!

Europe" London, Edinburagh, Kitzbuelh, Munich, Viennea, Budapest. Bath, Salisbury, Avon, York, etc!

But what is the last thing that you have seen in your own back yard?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-19-2002, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
NYC, Washington, D.C., Boston, L.A., Poconos, PA, Williamsburg, VA, Myrtle Beach

edited to add Newport, RI

Last edited by Peaches-n-Cream; 07-20-2002 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2002, 03:58 AM

Portland, Maine is a wonderful place to visit in the summer. It's a charming little city; very sophisticated despite its lack of size. The Portland Regency is a beautiful hotel in the Old Port (nice shopping, eating, barhopping area). Very close to Freeport (cute town; great outlet shopping) as well as to some very scenic coastline. Comfortable temperatures this time of year; usually in the high seventies. And don't forget the lobster pounds! Yummm