GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,044
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, NikiMussen
» Online Users: 1,481
0 members and 1,481 guests
No Members online

Old 11-30-2017, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Deferred recruitment at Ohio State.

Hello all. I suppose I should change my user name, now. In addition to having a daughter at Mizzou, a happy Theta who is graduating in May, I now also have freshman at OSU. I am looking for any advice, tips, info on recruitment at OSU. I am sure it will be quite different then SEC recruitment, and I am hoping less stressful. We have recs for all but 4 chapters, I am still working on AEPhi, AOPi, Alpha Xi Delta and KD. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays!
Old 11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Can your older daughter ask her chapter advisor if she knows advisors from these other sororities? I'm guessing you could get a couple that way, at least, since active advisors typically know other active alumnae. Or, your older daughter may have friends from those groups who are recent alumnae?

ETA: looks lik KD is the only group you need with an active chapter at Mizzou, but maybe this strategy might work for KD.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 11-30-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, she putting out feelers with her friends from Kappa Delta.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Are Kappas coming back to OSU in early 2018? I had heard they fulfilled the requirements from the University after the drinking/hazing incident.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota_JWH View Post
Are Kappas coming back to OSU in early 2018? I had heard they fulfilled the requirements from the University after the drinking/hazing incident.
Yes, Kappa will begin their recolonization process after bid day in January. They will be permitted to bid up to chapter total, which is around 200.
When Zeta Tau Alpha recolonized, a lot of PNMs who were not happy with their Pref choices didn't sign bid cards, interviewed with Zeta and were not given bids. Several hundred PNMs were interested and many were not invited back.
Please don't assume Kappa will take everyone.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUalumMUmom View Post
Hello all. I suppose I should change my user name, now. In addition to having a daughter at Mizzou, a happy Theta who is graduating in May, I now also have freshman at OSU. I am looking for any advice, tips, info on recruitment at OSU. I am sure it will be quite different then SEC recruitment, and I am hoping less stressful. We have recs for all but 4 chapters, I am still working on AEPhi, AOPi, Alpha Xi Delta and KD. Any help would be appreciated. Happy Holidays!
Ohio State does not require recommendations and I'm not just saying that; it's true. Many PMNs come in wit absolutely no recs and do just fine.

Recruitment is much more laid back than most other schools and all chapters are great.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

At least one chapter there requires them - mine. It's our national policy.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Ohio State does not require recommendations and I'm not just saying that; it's true. Many PMNs come in wit absolutely no recs and do just fine.

Recruitment is much more laid back than most other schools and all chapters are great.

Remember, though, some organizations DO require recommendations in order to pledge a woman. Getting those recommendations is one more positive step.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:27 PM

OSU is very much a "if it is required, the chapter gets them for you" place. Most PNMs do not come into OSU with recs unless they're legacies.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks and here we go

Thanks to everyone for the input! We ended up with recs to all but 2. First round starts on Friday night 1/12. I'm much calmer this time around, partially because greek life is a smaller part of life at OSU than at Mizzou. Also, daughter #2 is much more laid back about the process in general, and not as set on being greek. I'll keep you updated.