GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 535
2 members and 533 guests
Low D Flat, naraht

Old 08-09-2006, 08:19 AM
GreekChat Member

dgdramadawg's Rec Group Thread

This year, I've written 10 recs for girls at UGA, 1 at LSU, 1 at Tennessee, and 2 at Auburn... all for my sister's friends. One of my sister's best friends is going through at Valdosta State (no DG chapter there), so I am sure I will get updates from her but I don't know what kind of updates I will hear from the others. I have tried my best to help the ladies prepare, but you all know what rush is like... preparation can't guarantee a girl a bid.

The dates for their recruitments are (and the results are):
Auburn - August 7-13 (Results: 1 Zeta Tau Alpha and 1 released)
UGA - August 11-16 (Results: 2 Alpha Gamma Deltas, 2 Alpha Omicron Pis, 2 Pi Beta Phis, 1 Zeta Tau Alpha, 1 Alpha Chi Omega, and 2 dropped)
LSU - August 19-26 (Results: 1 Delta Gamma)
Tennessee - August 19-27 (Results: 1 Delta Delta Delta)
Valdosta State - September 2-5 (Results: 1 Phi Mu)

Auburn recruitment started Monday and my two ladies, Thelma and Louise, got their party lists in the wee hours of the morning. I have already heard an update from Thelma, but not yet from Louise. Thelma was really excited about 5 houses during round one and was invited back to four of those houses (as well as 7 other houses). She is very excited about her round two parties!

I'll update when I hear from Louise later today!

Last edited by dgdramadawg; 09-04-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2006, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator

hooray for dgdramadawg!!

love the names:thelma and louise. can't wait to hear who they are going back to visit.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay for Thelma Let me know about Louise!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Alright, I just got my update from Louise! She is visiting 10 houses this round and is so excited about ALL of them! She said that they will receive their invites for round three tomorrow night after she has her last 4 parties.

I'm so pleased for both ladies!!!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like they're having a great time! Good luck to both of them!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Today is skit day for Thelma and Louise. I haven't heard from them yet about party lists, but that's not surprising... rush is so crazy!!! I'm hoping to hear that Thelma kept the 4 that she really loved and found 2 more she liked just as much, and I hope that Louise finds 6 that she loves out of the 10 she really liked during round 2.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

In all of the excitement about Auburn rush, I forgot to mention that my 10 UGA ladies started their recruitment today! They will not get their round 2 party invites until Sunday morning... and I will be in Athens to help my chapter with house tours round on Sunday, so maybe I will see some of them come through the newly renovated DG house!
Old 08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg
Today is skit day for Thelma and Louise. I haven't heard from them yet about party lists, but that's not surprising... rush is so crazy!!! I'm hoping to hear that Thelma kept the 4 that she really loved and found 2 more she liked just as much, and I hope that Louise finds 6 that she loves out of the 10 she really liked during round 2.
Let me know if either one went to a certain sorority that is fond of anchors...
Old 08-11-2006, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Still no word from Thelma or Louise. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it is because they had a full day of parties they loved and not because they were hurt by the Infamous Round Two Cuts.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Hopefully they're getting some rest, then! It sounds like they had a lot more parties than I had during recruitment, so I hope they're both having fun and doing well.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Just heard from Louise... sad news. She only visited two houses during round three and felt so-so about both. The sad news is that she didn't have time to feel stronger about either house because she was released from recruitment this morning. She has an awesome attitude about it, though, and I think she is the sort of girl who will have an awesome college experience with or without Greek Life.

Still waiting to hear from Thelma...

And the UGA updates will start tomorrow...
Old 08-12-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
The sad news is that she didn't have time to feel stronger about either house because she was released from recruitment this morning.
That's unfortunate. Hopefully she has someoneshe can talk to about this if she is upset. That's my hope for every released PNM.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Just heard from Louise... sad news. She only visited two houses during round three and felt so-so about both. The sad news is that she didn't have time to feel stronger about either house because she was released from recruitment this morning. She has an awesome attitude about it, though, and I think she is the sort of girl who will have an awesome college experience with or without Greek Life.

Still waiting to hear from Thelma...

And the UGA updates will start tomorrow...
That sucks and I can completely understand.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

UGA

I'm going to go ahead and post some UGA stuff. I've got 10 girls there and I'm going to name them based on a list of the 10 most-searched actresses.
Angelina
Salma
Jessica
Scarlett
Paris
Jennifer
Denise
Alyssa
Anna Nicole
Kate

There are 18 houses at UGA. Paris has a sister on campus in one house and Jennifer and Denise have a lot of friends in another house, but I think the rest of the girls are being very open-minded about recruitment. I'll definitely post when I start hearing round two party lists tomorrow morning.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

How on earth do you keep track of all those girls??!! I'm sad for Louise but I hope Thelma keeps on going. I cannot imagine going through a rush like Auburn's. I live in the mid-west and a neighbor's daughter went through rush there ~6-8 years ago and pledged (I don't remember which house). I am all the more impressed now that she did after reading all these threads. Although mom was originally from Alabama and very well connected and a master puppeteer of her children so you never know...