GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,536
0 members and 2,536 guests
No Members online

Old 08-30-2009, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

This year is the 1st year freshmen are required to live in dorms so hopefully it will help raise the numbers. Even though USF is a large school like Twinkle said it has had the commuter mentality, we are just starting to get away from that.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-30-2009, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphalove13 View Post
This year is the 1st year freshmen are required to live in dorms so hopefully it will help raise the numbers. Even though USF is a large school like Twinkle said it has had the commuter mentality, we are just starting to get away from that.
Exactly what I was thinking, but I would of thought the number of girls going through recruitment would be higher than the norm. I don't know if this is a rumor, but I heard that the USF President isn't supportive of greek life and that is why she made a greek 'village' and not 'actual housing'.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
^^^I thought the same thing! But apparently most of our girls dont' even show up for the first day, so it evens out.
Not "most." lol

We're getting better, even though this year the # is a little less than last year's. According to a primary source (a rho gamma friend lol), 409 girls are rushing this year as opposed to about 450ish last year. Maybe it's the economy, but I think the rho gammas this year were kind of slacking.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle555 View Post
I must say that I am quite jealous of this yrs batch of IIX's recruitment bags...lol.
Okay, someone is going to have to take a picture of these cute bags!! :]
Old 08-31-2009, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihearttrisigma View Post
Okay, someone is going to have to take a picture of these cute bags!! :]
I will try to take a picture if I can.

I've decided not to rush Libra and Pisces because both of their events collide with NPC rush. I hope I did not make the wrong decision I really did like the girls at Libra, but I knew in my heart that I wanted to join a NPC sorority and experience the craziness of rush and what would become of it. Will I get a bid or will I go home bidless?

Formal Recruitment starts this Wednesday with a mandatory Sorority Info night, I believe we get to meet a few girls from each sorority as well as our ΠΧ . Thursday is a night out with the ΠΧ group and the ΠΧ. Then the schedule is as follows (as Alphalove13 stated ):

Friday, September 4th: Spirit Day
Saturday, September 5th: Philanthropy Day
Sunday, September 6th: Sisterhood Day
Monday, September 7th (morning-afternoon): Preference Day
Monday, September 7th(night): Bid Day!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Good luck! Virgo is my sign so that's what I'll be rooting for I believe BF is a Cancer so no rooting for his sign... Both parents and my aunt are a Gemini so I'm okay with that too though
Old 09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFrush09 View Post
Exactly what I was thinking, but I would of thought the number of girls going through recruitment would be higher than the norm. I don't know if this is a rumor, but I heard that the USF President isn't supportive of greek life and that is why she made a greek 'village' and not 'actual housing'.
They were very scared to have housing for Greeks. They did intensive studies and decided to choose a Greek Village similar to what other schools had started doing. This way it is safer having all the houses together, and easier to control. Dr. Genshaft was actually the one who gave the final go ahead but it wasn't just her decision it was alumni, faculty, administrators, deans etc.. that were all involved.The layout for the houses were chosen not to look like houses incase it didn't work they would make them into dorms (that is not a rumor).
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

First of all, I would just like to say that I LOVE my ΠΧs!!!!!!!!!<3 I cannot imagine going through recruitment without the ΠΧs that I have. They are so informative, fun to be around and so full of energy. They have taken care of my ΠΧ group so well and answered all our questions and I don't think there was a day when my ΠΧs were not smiling every time we saw them. Even after rush I want to keep in contact with my ΠΧs. I just hope they feel the same way as I do.

Today we had our ΠΧ outing and we got to mingle with our ΠΧ group before formal recruitment starts and tomorrow, I have to wake up at the crack on dawn to get dressed/ready for SPIRIT DAY!!!Our ΠΧ group leaves in the morning, I know other ΠΧ groups start later in the afternoon.

I really want to share a more detailed story with everyone on GC, but I have decided to not write my story until Bid Day is over. Actually, everyday I come back from a recruitment day I write in a Word Document my feelings and opinions of each sorority. I have already started with my Info Night and my ΠΧ Outing. All I really have to do is copy and paste on here lol.

I hope you all look forward to hearing my story and please let me know who you are rooting for!!

Last edited by USFrush09; 09-04-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

that's a great plan. best wishes to you!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Question answered. Thanks GCers =)

Last edited by USFrush09; 09-04-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Should be able to - as long as they invited you back.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator

yes(even tho' i am not from usf)
Old 09-04-2009, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

**I am assuming here that USF uses the same system we do (RFM?). Because she says "ranking" I'm guessing they do. If this is incorrect, I'm sorry.**

Yes -- you'll go to up to six parties. If your top six give you invites you'll go to them (if the other two also invite you, you will not go. However, you will not know whether or not they did invte you back, they'll simply not be on your schedule).
If, say, only the sororities you ranked 1,2, 3, 4 and 6 invite you back, and 7 and 8 do as well, you'll go to 1,2,3,4,5,7. If only 3,5,7 invite you back, that's all you'll go to.

Does this make sense? Basically, you've expressed a preference. If all the sororities invite you back, you'll go to your top six. If six or less invite you back, you'll go to whichever parties you have invitations for.

I hope this is clear.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

1st day

look below

Last edited by USFrush09; 09-08-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Bids just got handed out. My biological sister's best friend just got her bid... to Chi O (my chapter, yay!). She called and I heard all the screaming in the background