GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,234
0 members and 2,234 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2012, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Strangely enough, I think the Bubble Guppies are just delightful. I hate most children's shows.
I just love the Bubble Guppies and Team Umizoomi. They are my favorites to watch with my kids. I loath just about everything else on Nick though, and most of the stuff on Disney (except for Little Einsteins, but that's not on often anymore). If I see one more Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I'll scream. I DVRed a bunch of BG and TU episodes though, and play those when everything else on is pointless and stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I live in the Louisville area and have friends who work in the school in Henryville. News outlets here are saying the building may be a total loss. A toddler was picked up in the wind and was found several miles away in a field. She was taken to the hospital and is doing fine. It's amazing she survived.
I saw that too. Amazing how these storms work. Won't lie, my husband is working today, so I was home solo when the storms started to hit and started to get a bit anxious. I sent both of the older kids to the basement to play while baby and I watched the news. I let my outside dog into the basement for safety, sent the other 2 dogs to their kennels in the basement too. Went down there and rode it out, the bad stuff was just a few miles to the south of us. I was trying to figure out how I would hold onto all 3 kids if something hit. Contemplated tossing the kids into the dog kennels instead of the dogs, I swear, and them me laying on top of it. Other options running through my head was belting them to one of the vertical support beams, possibly belting baby into her car seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbear19 View Post
I'm not complaining, because I'm thrilled to be where I am right now. But WOW is it ever amazing how every tiny little thing can make one completely and utterly exhausted when one is 36 weeks pregnant.
Preach! I considered it a personal victory if I made it to the bathroom without peeing my pants.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-03-2012, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Glad you were not in harm's way! These storms today were just terrible. I am thankful that so many people were spared.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I just saw photos of the storm. That was so terrible.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-03-2012, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
But they usually prefer wolf company to human company, no matter how well acquainted with people they are.
And then you get as far removed as my little chihuahua, who very much prefers human to other dog company. As in, she does not like any other dog. Apparently that's common to chihuahuas though, and it makes sense, because as lapdogs they were bred to be people-centric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEling View Post
On the topic of sleeplessness, has anyone else tried a melatonin supplement? At the beginning of January I bought a bottle of chewable tablets (5 mg dose) from Walmart for about $8. It's been working really well for me so far!
I've never taken the supplements but I do have a melatonin tea that I take sometimes. It's not my favorite flavor so most of the time I just deal with it, but my mom drinks it every night and it gets her to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Strangely enough, I think the Bubble Guppies are just delightful. I hate most children's shows.
That theme song though, will be in your head forever. The kids I nannied for over the summer would watch it in the mornings and I'd be singing it all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I just love the Bubble Guppies and Team Umizoomi.
Team Umizoomi is cute, I'd definitely watch it with my kids, if I have any. I just love how they call each other umifriend. It reminds me of the daycare I worked in, where all the children called each other 'friend'. It was so sweet.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Not a huge fan of Team Umizoomi. I prefer Bubble Guppies or even Wonder Pets.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

And as it turns out, sometimes the difference between a bad decision and a great decision is timing. Still amazing.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Normally I pass through Bloomington when traveling between school and home. However, tomorrow's the IU/Purdue basketball game. At IU.

...I think my sanity will be preserved if I find a different route.
"To bind its members with a tie of true and lasting friendship..."
Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I wanted to post an update to one of the most heartbreaking stories to come out of yesterday's tornadoes. The toddler I referred to in an earlier post is not doing well after all, she is in critical condition and she is the sole member left in her immediate family. She is going to need a lot of prayers and positive thoughts.

http://www.wave3.com/story/17072528/...ily-in-tornado
Old 03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I wanted to post an update to one of the most heartbreaking stories to come out of yesterday's tornadoes. The toddler I referred to in an earlier post is not doing well after all, she is in critical condition and she is the sole member left in her immediate family. She is going to need a lot of prayers and positive thoughts.

http://www.wave3.com/story/17072528/...ily-in-tornado
Poor thing.

I wandered out of my room to interact with my kids for a study break and hypoallergenic talked me into playing Just Dance 3 with her. What a great study break! Why have I not been doing that all term???? It loosened up my neck and shoulders so much!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Poor thing.

I wandered out of my room to interact with my kids for a study break and hypoallergenic talked me into playing Just Dance 3 with her. What a great study break! Why have I not been doing that all term???? It loosened up my neck and shoulders so much!
I used to do Dance Dance Revolution 3 mornings a week when I had later classes. It was just a way to start the day off haivn gan incredible amount of fun. It did wonders for my mood--I almost always had a more positive outlook for most if not all of the day.

Today is one of the days where I really admire my mother and hope to be just like her "when I grow up."

Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I used to do Dance Dance Revolution 3 mornings a week when I had later classes. It was just a way to start the day off haivn gan incredible amount of fun. It did wonders for my mood--I almost always had a more positive outlook for most if not all of the day.

Today is one of the days where I really admire my mother and hope to be just like her "when I grow up."
I was thinking while doing it that I should start my day out like that every day!

I may have posted this thought, but it occurred to me again today... if someone had told me 10, 20 or 30 years ago that when I was in my mid-40s I would be sitting at home on a Saturday night doing homework, I'd have told them they were crazy. We never really know where life is going to take us, do we?
Old 03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Funny conversation with my mom today:

Mom: (looking up flight information on her iPhone) "When I was your age, I just didn't think we'd have this kind of technology."
Me: "What technology?"
Mom: "..EVERYTHING!!!"

Last edited by lovespink88; 03-03-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Branch & Vine Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar Tasting Bar

Neat new store that opened yesterday.
Hope they make a go of it.
We bought some Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Finally making progress on this paper.. sheesh. It was a struggle to get going on it today.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psusue View Post
And then you get as far removed as my little chihuahua, who very much prefers human to other dog company. As in, she does not like any other dog. Apparently that's common to chihuahuas though, and it makes sense, because as lapdogs they were bred to be people-centric.
I'll bet she's a cutie. Pics please.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!