GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 310,955
Threads: 115,155
Posts: 2,163,406
Welcome to our newest member, typepamyHes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2008, 11:02 PM
.... .... is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
NHPC sororities. How did you choose which to pleadge for?

.

Last edited by ....; 03-24-2008 at 11:35 PM. Reason: misspelled title.
  #2  
Old 03-23-2008, 11:31 PM
tld221 tld221 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: only the best city in the world
Posts: 6,273
Please use the search function and read the sticky threads at the top of each NPHC forum. As you will find, membership-related questions will not be answered. To get an understanding on why particular GC members chose their organization, again, use the search function.

sigh, can someone make ME a mod?
__________________
Do you know people? Have you interacted with them? Because this is pretty standard no-brainer stuff. -33girl
  #3  
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 PM
AKA_Monet AKA_Monet is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beyond
Posts: 5,117
I can only state something trite and flippant--but I will try very hard to refrain and live and let live. Maybe I can ignore it and it will go away!
__________________
We thank and pledge Alpha Kappa Alpha to remember...
"I'm watching with a new service that translates 'stupid-to-English'" ~ @Shoq of ShoqValue.com 1 of my Tweeple

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
  #4  
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
AKA_Monet AKA_Monet is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beyond
Posts: 5,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
Please use the search function and read the sticky threads at the top of each NPHC forum. As you will find, membership-related questions will not be answered. To get an understanding on why particular GC members chose their organization, again, use the search function.

sigh, can someone make ME a mod?
You need a supermod to handle this

I would not want her searching anything in our forum. Because you can see she will NEVER understand it--it still will go over her head.
__________________
We thank and pledge Alpha Kappa Alpha to remember...
"I'm watching with a new service that translates 'stupid-to-English'" ~ @Shoq of ShoqValue.com 1 of my Tweeple

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
  #5  
Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 AM
.... .... is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2
First off, I am considering everything that they are saying because they have already been through this process. It just seems like I have to be very defensive and careful in everything that I say
  #6  
Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 AM
AKA_Monet AKA_Monet is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beyond
Posts: 5,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by .... View Post
First off, I am considering everything that they are saying because they have already been through this process. It just seems like I have to be very defensive and careful in everything that I say
Or be wise and not say anything, read, learn, search... And when you have anything of substance to discuss, it will be uttered with wisdom and have astuteness to have question worthy of all our efforts.
__________________
We thank and pledge Alpha Kappa Alpha to remember...
"I'm watching with a new service that translates 'stupid-to-English'" ~ @Shoq of ShoqValue.com 1 of my Tweeple

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
  #7  
Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 AM
AKA_Monet AKA_Monet is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Beyond
Posts: 5,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by .... View Post
And actually, I understand everything that I have read so far, I am not looking for anyone to point me in the right direction. I would like to have the ability to point myself in the right direction and just need a little assistance by example in seeing how others handled the situation. I don't want to know anything about membership intake, pledging, meaning of letters, or anything of that sort.... which seems to be the root of questions that will NEVER be answered and I understand why.
The title of this thread says "pleadge"--obviously that is Membership Intake in NPHC language. The NPHC Sororities do not discuss membership intake on GC. There are reasons why we do not/cannot/will not.

Now there are MYRIADS of "how did you choose which one" threads on GC. Search is your friend. Do one. When you post such questions, I feel it is laziness and uncaring about what my Sorority is all about.

When you post such questions after we have clearly stated what we will do, I feel it is beyond ignorance it is being trite, uncouth and belittling to me, my Sorors, my Sorority sisters and my fellow GLO's.

I am sorry, but based on your continuance of this course of action, please, I beg you, do not choose my Sorority, you will not enjoy it and do not have to constitution for it. Maybe you fit in some other group--just not a sorority.
__________________
We thank and pledge Alpha Kappa Alpha to remember...
"I'm watching with a new service that translates 'stupid-to-English'" ~ @Shoq of ShoqValue.com 1 of my Tweeple

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 03-24-2008 at 12:09 AM.
  #8  
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 AM
LatinaAlumna LatinaAlumna is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA
Posts: 1,127
If you're having a hard time choosing which organization to pursue, you're not ready.

Last edited by LatinaAlumna; 03-24-2008 at 12:07 AM.
  #9  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:07 AM
tld221 tld221 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: only the best city in the world
Posts: 6,273
So, that's 4 different members in 3 different councils telling you the SAME THING.
__________________
Do you know people? Have you interacted with them? Because this is pretty standard no-brainer stuff. -33girl
  #10  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:14 AM
LatinaAlumna LatinaAlumna is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA
Posts: 1,127
Wow, "..." the more you post, the more I see that you don't know much about sororities at all!

You say that legacies don't have to go through the same decision-making process you do? I've never heard (or read on GC) of a legacy who didn't explore all her options in depth before making a decision like this. In fact, there are lots of ladies on GC who did not pursue membership in the organization that they are a legacy to.

You are making a lot of assumptions about sororities and sorority members. I think you need to continue searching for knowledge on these topics. There is no way you could have possibly exhausted all avenues of information. Shoot, I have been a member of my sorority for 12 years, and I STILL learn new, wonderful things about it each year!
  #11  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 AM
tld221 tld221 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: only the best city in the world
Posts: 6,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by .... View Post
exactally... you are a MEMBER and are continuing to learn.... I am not given the same information because I am not a MEMBER
RIGHT so refrain from using "soror." thanks!
__________________
Do you know people? Have you interacted with them? Because this is pretty standard no-brainer stuff. -33girl
  #12  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:25 AM
LatinaAlumna LatinaAlumna is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: CA
Posts: 1,127
NON PAN-HELLENIC COUNCILS?

Oh my gosh! Couldn't you even GOOGLE to get the right answer for that, ...?
  #13  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:29 AM
tld221 tld221 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: only the best city in the world
Posts: 6,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
NON PAN-HELLENIC COUNCILS?

Oh my gosh! Couldn't you even GOOGLE to get the right answer for that, ...?
there's not enough information out here. Didnt she tell you she exhausted all her resources?
__________________
Do you know people? Have you interacted with them? Because this is pretty standard no-brainer stuff. -33girl
  #14  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:38 AM
tld221 tld221 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: only the best city in the world
Posts: 6,273
::: hoping some of sistergreek ladygreek's niceness rubs off on me before daybreak :::
__________________
Do you know people? Have you interacted with them? Because this is pretty standard no-brainer stuff. -33girl
  #15  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Velocity_14 Velocity_14 is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Where I'm at...
Posts: 932
This may be an appropriate time to give "....." the cure.....
__________________
~Delta Sigma Theta~
------------------------------------
Think like a woman of action; act like a woman of thought...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QUESTION: FOR NHPC WiseKINKS Sorority Recruitment 3 12-08-2007 05:37 PM
What would u do if your daughter pleadge anthor sorrity Dst4lyfe Delta Sigma Theta 6 05-05-2007 09:33 PM
How Do I Choose? happygurl Recruitment 26 07-28-2002 05:57 PM
NHPC formal rush mintyfresh82 Recruitment 11 05-08-2001 03:56 PM
Which to choose? Dewgirl Greek Life 9 08-03-2000 05:06 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.