GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,597
3 members and 1,594 guests
indygphib, LaneSig, TLLK

Old 06-02-2007, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

cuteASAbug's recruitment thread

So I have decided to jump on the bandwagon and retell my recruitment story. I don’t want to jeopardize anything, so I will refrain from saying what school I go to or what sororities we have there. I will instead use code names for them. They are- Coors Light, Crystal Palace, Jose Cuervo, and Southern Comfort. My school is small and has only four sororities- 3 national and one local. We don’t have Greek housing but each sorority has an entire floor in one of the residential buildings that is its own. Recruitment events take place all in the course of one week, with bid day at the end of the week. I will tell my story piece by piece.

Day 1-
I don’t have Greek family members and didn’t think about rushing until my roommate and her friends were going to recruitment and told me to come. I succumbed to peer pressure rather easily and enjoyed getting ready with them. I didn’t know what the other girls would be wearing, so I decided to go for the girl-next-door look- Hooters tank top, cutoff mini skirt from A&F, rhinestone flip flops, white eyeliner, hot pink acrylic nails, turquoise bead earrings, and a blonde ponytail from the Jessica Simpson line. I was the best-dressed out of all of us girls if I do say so myself. After we arrived in the student center, we got split up into the groups in which we would be visiting all of the sororities’ suites that night. Much to my disappointment, none of the girls that I came with were in my group. There was no time to cry however, because we had to go to the Coors Light suite.

My first impression walking into there was that the girls were really fun and genuine. They all had matching t shirts on with their name in script which I really liked. They were doing an all-American theme and decorated their suite with red and blue Solo cups and silver cans. First impressions can be deceiving however, and pretty soon I got tired of them and just wanted to get the heck out of there. I was so thankful when the rush party was over and we could move on. The next suite we visited belonged to Jose Cuervo. Just by walking in, I could tell that these girls were a lot different from the Coors Light girls. While they didn’t all have matching shirts, they put a lot more effort into decorating their suite, which was covered in these adorable little limes. The girls also seemed to be much more outgoing and fun. A lot of them were dancers and decided to break the ice by showing off some of their moves on the suite’s coffee table. The fact that they chose to open up so much to completely strangers really warmed my insides at first, then it started to scare me a bit and pretty soon I got a headache from it all. After their rush party was over, I wanted to go home straight away, but my rho chi said that it was just stress from recruitment and that a lot of girls felt that way during recruitment when they went from Coors Light to Jose Cuervo. We bravely marched upstairs to the Southern Comfort suite. My first impression of these girls was that they were wannabe Jose Cuervos. They too, chose a lime theme for their suite which I thought was rather unfortunate. (I later learned that almost all of the sororities favored limes because green is one of the school’s colors.) These girls seemed to care about us more than the previous sororities combined and even gave us lime juice to drink in the cutest, tiniest cups that I had ever seen. (Sadly we were not allowed to keep the cups.) This raised my spirits greatly. These girls didn’t seem to care for dancing as much as the ones in Jose Cuervo, so we just sat around and played a couple of really interesting card games that I had never heard of before. This also impressed me that they went out of their way to teach us something new. I was sad when I had to leave the Southern Comfort party but it was time for the last stop of the night- Crystal Palace. These girls were nice but they definitely did not seem like the kind of girls that I could be sisters with. They were all very fit and athletic and athletic and had these vertical exercise bars set up all over their suite. This scared me a bit because I just don’t care all that much for physical fitness. Talking to these girls also confused me because it seemed like nothing that they said made sense. Like Coors Light, I couldn’t wait until their rush party was over.

At the end of the night, my roommate and I were both exhausted and our heads were spinning from all of the new information that we had drank in. We made giddy phone calls to all of our friends to tell them about all that we had seen and done that night and then just passed out in our beds.

(to be continued)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-02-2007, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I think I will support Crystal Palace because those vertical exercise bars sound really fun! I can't wait to hear about round 2!

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 06-02-2007, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I really hope you're going to reveal who's who at the end, I may have to visit!
Old 06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
What about the other days? I would also like to know who's who Even though its a little late congrats on going ASA and your initiation!
Old 09-08-2007, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I JUST found this thread. OMG - you so need to continue this story. I want to hear the rest!