GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,333
2 members and 2,331 guests
No Members online

Old 11-09-2002, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs down It works the other way also

I have had this happen once before... I have been friends with a black gentleman for about a year now... I invited him to join Sigma Nu or at least go through formal rush and give Greek Life a try.

I was angered and shocked that he said that he couldn't because of the backlash that would occur from his friends!

Yes, that is his friends in traditionally black GLO's would be angry that he was considering us but not them?

Could it be that each person is entitled to make their own choices? Should we all not be just as shocked and angry that this occurs? Not trying to hijack the thread here, but it's not JUST white people trying to keep minorities out.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-19-2002, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to oceanphi01
I see no problem with race because Florida Tech is so diverse. As for the sexuality, it's not a big deal. It's the person's decision so I don't see why the organization should make it an issue.

Green, green the ivy twines...
Old 11-27-2002, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

we have sisters of all different backgrounds and it doesn't seem to be a issue at all. african american, puerto rican, caucasian whatever it doesn't really make a difference we are sisters. our sisterhood is about respect and loving one another. i believe we should respect not only our sisters but everyone no matter what their skin color or ethnic background. and i would think it would be something a sisterhood would want to promote.
Tiramasu
DELTA PHI MU