GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,418
2 members and 1,416 guests
Titchou

Old 09-18-2002, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

TKE209Sweethrt,
do you have an update?
Old 09-18-2002, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking UPDATE!!!

Hello all!!!
Okay, well I received 2 invite's and more than likely -if- I had gone through w/everything I would have easily received 2 bids to choose from. BUT, just 5 minutes ago (yes..believe it or not) something struck me. A good friend of mine didn't receive an invite from one that I did and now she's thinking of pledging a soro that she's not really tight with..and I hate that. Ya know? So.....since this semester I'm too booked to pledge (yeah..I'm a commuter..) and 2 of my friends were going to go Greek but then found out they couldn't this semester due to too little time. So....I'm thinking..set up a local soro..and then -maybe- have a national come in later on down the road.

If you are all wondering why I changed my idea it is because w/every soro I rushed I just didn't feel that -connection- w/the girls. Also, just the little things got to me I guess, nothing bad, but, if I was going to pledge I want it to be a full-hearted effort and want, just not do it to get some letters. I'm going to get ahold of some girls that couldn't pledge this semester and start things up, hopefully since this is a small campus and I have very good repoire w/the other GLO's there shouldn't be a problem w/the emergence of another GLO. *prays everything goes well* Well, this is my update and I'm rambling..so I'll end here for now teehee

Pro-Greek love,
Kayla
Old 09-18-2002, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to you !!!
Old 09-24-2002, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry I'm so angry!!

GRR!!!
I'm kinda upset right now..nothing to do with me mind you. I just found out from a friend that "E" (who has rushed for 2 years every sorority) hasn't gotten a bid from the sorority that she was really hoping for. "E" is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met and she's one of the few chicks that I would trust a drunken boyfriend with!! See, when I first started partying and all I was the non-greek who didn't know anyone but my boyfriend's brothers, and she was the first person to show me the ropes and just be a friend to hang out with when Dusty went off w/his brothers for a bit. Yet, when girls who are simply -trash- get bids w/no questions asked from the sororities and rule out the quality girls at times. *sighs* I mean, I've gotten invites and bids when I was only half-interested in the GLO, but when she's completely pro-greek and willing to be apart of a sisterhood and truely deserves it she's put down. Why, oh why??

If I get this new local like I want set up..she's first on my list, no matter what.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:38 PM

It is all here, too!

How Do I Start a New Chapter?

In approaching a National to come to your campus, you would write to the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) at www.npcwomen.org to their Extention Committee.
Basically, no group can come to your campus, unless the campus is declared open for extension by the NPC.

I copied this from a website, which should help you:

What can I do if I have a special interest in having ______ on a campus?

NPC guidelines provide for orderly extension procedures. _____ may express interest in colonization by filing a letter of interest with a college or university. However, no contact with students may be initiated by the Fraternity unless the campus is officially open for extension.

_______ alumnae interest and opinions are very important to us when we consider extension opportunities. Alumnae may advise the Fraternity of your interest and your recommendation will be carefully considered. We want to hear from you!

How is NPC (National Panhellenic Conference) involved with the extension process?

The Extension Committee of the National Panhellenic Conference serves as a clearinghouse for colleges, Panhellenics, and individual fraternities in the field of extension. All NPC groups have agreed upon fair and orderly extension procedures, which are directed by the NPC extension committee. _________ carefully follows these guidelines and cooperates fully with both the local college administration and NPC.

The Extension Committee of NPC will assist any campus wishing to add an NPC sorority chapter or establish a Panhellenic system. The Extension Committee will also assist any local sorority wishing to affiliate with _________ or any other National Panhellenic Conference member group. Any individual, college Panhellenic, or local sorority needing informationshould contact:

Extension Committee of NPC
NPC Central Office
3905 Vincennes Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 872-3185 - phone
(317) 872-3192 - fax
npccentral@npcwomen.com
www.npcwomen.org

How does a local sorority or interest group become a ________chapter?

__________does accept local sororities/interest groups as colonies. However, the process differs depending on the local situation. Again, we follow NPC guidelines.

How are new members chosen for a colony?

Colony members may be members of a local sorority seeking international affiliation, or new members may be selected by a Fraternity team of officers participating in a recruitment effort on a campus. Sometimes _____ is the only group colonizing on a campus; sometimes __________ participates in a multiple colonization in concert with other NPC groups.

Do we ever have the chance to reestablish a closed chapter?

Yes, and often we have done so. However, this is entirely dependent upon the campus situation. According to NPC guidelines, the invitation for recolonization must come from the campus Panhellenic.

What is my first step if I have an interest group on a campus and want to pursue affiliation with ____________?

It is unethical for an NPC fraternity to establish a chapter on a campus without the approval of the proper authority on that campus. The "proper authority" in most cases is the college Panhellenic on that campus. In the case of a campus without an organized college Panhellenic, the administration would constitute "proper authority".

The local interest group must receive the approval from the proper authority on their campus before pursuing affiliation with _______________. Please contact the National Panhellenic Conference Extension Committee with any questions about this process.

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 09-24-2002 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Another wonderful, informative post from CutiePie2000, you are truly a credit to Delta Gamma!
violets
Old 10-01-2002, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

The Bestest of Luck and it is not easy! I know!

LX Z # 1
Alumni