GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Kappa Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,334
0 members and 2,334 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2002, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool I like fraternities

I can't imagine being in a sorority.

In a long GC thread, the girls are talking about hiding everything in their rooms during rush week - no trash cans, no appliances, no CLOCKS (or even watches), no computers - for some reason they think PNMs will not join a chapter which has a trash can or clock.

These things have to be hidden in the closets or bathtub. Wow.

One says she cannot plug in an appliance or turn on her computer for two weeks (spirit week (?) and rush week).

One time the UGA Tekes were looking to buy a house, and we went to look at one prospect, the Sigma Kappa sorority house. The place was spotless, neat and tidy. It looked like it was unoccupied. Every bedspread was identical and every bed tightly made. As we wandered around an upstairs corner, there was a huge poster with about 20 pictures of assorted penises. Apparently one of the Sigma Kappa girls had left a greeting for the Tekes.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2002, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Agree

Yah they are too silly with all that stuff, ours are required to do so much all summer, for rush they have practices atleast once a day during the summer, and when they have Songfest, some break up with their boyfriends from the stress of it all, those they can have three parctices in a day, and spend a couple hundred on an outfit for it, and 500 on the back drop. Its so bad they tried to make it noncompetitive by not saying if there was a winner or looser, but the girls all knew who won who got second and so on, and they still did the same things they did the year befor, so this year they declared winners again. They crack me up.....
Old 07-12-2002, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Yah, sorority recruitment is so much more anal than fraternity recruitment. I really wished that sorority rush was more laid back!
Old 07-12-2002, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink yah

The only thing is the girls at our school when they go through, they think if the girls look good for rush, and have their stuff together that they are better and more fun, but thats not usually the case. The girls taht did a no frills rush went under from low membership here......
Old 07-13-2002, 02:31 PM

Does anyone remember that magazine ad for (ahem) feminine protection with a girl saying "Once a month, I wish I was a guy!"

Well, I think that's how a lot of sorority women feel about formal rush.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Funny

Thats hilarious........
Old 07-14-2002, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Heh, true, soro's really need to loosen up a bit. It's pretty bad on my campus...the soro's are so competitive that they look really good to join, but, once you really start talking to them or even pre-pledge, they're not the organization that you thought they were. It's pretty bad when you really want to be greek, but can't even find a true sorority around. *nods*
Old 07-14-2002, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Sorority rush is weird because both sides have to cut . In fraternity rush only the fraternities get to cut. If a guy doesn't want to go to a fraternity house they don't have to except on the first day. Thats the way it should be.
Old 07-15-2002, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tkeos443 Send a message via Yahoo to tkeos443
I just like to set back and get a hearty laugh because the girls work so hard with themes and all types of stupidity to get girls on false pretenses it makes me laugh till I cry. But I guess there has to be some method to the madness or they wouldnt do it
Old 07-16-2002, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

End stpid rush rules, please

"If a guy doesn't want to go to a fraternity house they don't have to except on the first day. Thats the way it should be."

Another stupid rush rule. Why should a guy have to go to any chapter, except the one(s) he chooses.

I think this rule, probably established and enforced by the dominant chapters, sux. Surely it is to the advantage of the large, rich, well-housed chapters (who probably run the IFC and make the rules) to make sure every prospect has to visit their large and beautiful houses/trophy rooms.

If I wanted to buy a TV set, am I forced by the TV-IFC to visit eight stores?

Similarly, I shouldn't be forced to visit eight chapter hoses before buying.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

hey hoosier where are you from because anyone from the fine state of Indiana is a great man plus being a teke it cant be any better.

Proud Hoosier,
James Metcalf
Omicron-Sigma
Indiana University-Southeast
Old 07-17-2002, 10:06 AM

Re: End stpid rush rules, please

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
Another stupid rush rule. Why should a guy have to go to any chapter, except the one(s) he chooses.

I think this rule, probably established and enforced by the dominant chapters, sux. Surely it is to the advantage of the large, rich, well-housed chapters (who probably run the IFC and make the rules) to make sure every prospect has to visit their large and beautiful houses/trophy rooms.
Actually it's the other way around. The chapter w/ the biggest house and the most members sure as hell doesn't need to make sure rushees visit them - they are probably the first chapter the rushees hear about and think of joining as soon as they hit campus. This rule is to make sure that they at least give the smaller chapters that they might not have heard of a look-see.

Quote:
Originally posted by hoosier
If I wanted to buy a TV set, am I forced by the TV-IFC to visit eight stores?

Similarly, I shouldn't be forced to visit eight chapter hoses before buying.
Once again we go back to guys vs. girls....girls DO visit 8 stores before buying a tv, comparing brand, price, service, etc. Guys just walk into the store and buy one. There are a lot of anal rush rules but I think the seeing every chapter once rule is a good one. Of course if I was a dude who had to go see 50 different fraternities I might beg to differ. Seeing as we only had 10 I have no idea how that works though.
Old 07-17-2002, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoosier admits

Hoosier admits to graduating from the REAL Indiana Univ. in lovely Bloomington.

And I've never considered these IU-southeast, IU-northwest, IU-central, IU-Richmond places to really be Indiana Univ.

This especially goes for the bastard places like IU-PU Ft. Wayne, where that other agricultural school gets near-equal billing.

Let Evansville and those other third-class places find their own names. Real colleges don't have dashes or directions in their names.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoosier,

I decided to go to where I go because it is cheaper I will be graduating from the real IU when I start going there hopefully in the spring but no use in over spending for classes I can take down here and then go up there and finish my degree so soon very soon I will be at the real IU even though if I stay home my degree will still say IU on it and I agree on that sharing of names with that agriculture school how uneccessary. Remember its PU go north till you smell it go west till you step in it. I am proud my school has dashes and direction