GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,393
1 members and 1,392 guests
speedsters

Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Louisville Formal Planning

My fraternity has decided to have our formal in Louisville. However one problem I've constantly been running into is the hotel is either not capable of holding our social function due to size or it is out of peoples budgets.

If anyone has any suggestions as far as hotels go that would be great. We're looking for a place that is around $100-$120/ night and is also capable of holding a formal event with food/dance. Maybe the problem is I've been limiting myself to downtown hotels, but that is the location that is preferred. Any help/suggestions is appreciated.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmkr19 View Post
Maybe the problem is I've been limiting myself to downtown hotels, but that is the location that is preferred.
I don't know squat about Louisville but in pretty much any city, downtown hotels are going to be way more expensive than the suburban ones. You're staying IN the hotel for the event - you're not going shopping or barhopping - so it really doesn't matter once you all get under the roof. To say nothing of the cluster@#$% that is usually downtown parking anyway. Suck it up and hit the burbs.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmkr19 View Post
My fraternity has decided to have our formal in Louisville. However one problem I've constantly been running into is the hotel is either not capable of holding our social function due to size or it is out of peoples budgets.

If anyone has any suggestions as far as hotels go that would be great. We're looking for a place that is around $100-$120/ night and is also capable of holding a formal event with food/dance. Maybe the problem is I've been limiting myself to downtown hotels, but that is the location that is preferred. Any help/suggestions is appreciated.
PM me. I live in Louisville. I can give you better advice with some additional info and I have a connection at one of the downtown hotels, she is the event planner. Also if you are planning the event from the second week in April through the first weekend in May, give it up. It's Derby time and if you an even get rooms, they will be $250 a night.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually ended up booking at Springhill Suites in Downtown Louisville, thanks so much for the advice on dates!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Formal Dress: HELP!

I was just invited to a fraternity formal. I have never been to one before and I'm freaking out a little. I have this dress: http://www.express.com/clothing/one+...7826910/cat82? is this an okay thing to wear for the formal in April?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM

Ask some of the other girls who are going or your sisters (if you are in a sorority) if it would be appropriate, because this varies a LOT from campus to campus. Personally, I think it's a little too short and would be uncomfortable as the night wore on with the straight skirt...but I'm old.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

It seems a little casual (and short) to me, but I'm old, too.