GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 933
1 members and 932 guests
No Members online

Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekcheek View Post
actually im the exact opposite...I think my facebook profile is "too nice". I grew up in a conservative family and so I don't drink or go partying. I'm afraid they'll look at my profile and see someone boring, or a "goody two-shoes" and that can impact me negatively..
Honestly, that depends on what school you are at if that is true. And even if you ARE at a school like that....if a group says "we don't want to take her because she doesn't party", well, that isn't a group you want to be part of. They're judging you on dumb things for one, and for another you might be pressured to do things you don't want to.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Honestly, that depends on what school you are at if that is true. And even if you ARE at a school like that....if a group says "we don't want to take her because she doesn't party", well, that isn't a group you want to be part of. They're judging you on dumb things for one, and for another you might be pressured to do things you don't want to.
Plus, if a group is more focused on your facebook profile than getting to know you...yeah...problem. I'd think facebook would only be used to check for undesirable characteristics.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Plus, if a group is more focused on your facebook profile than getting to know you...yeah...problem. I'd think facebook would only be used to check for undesirable characteristics.
Right. With Facebook, chapters are mostly looking for things that blatantly stick out to the chapter as inappropriate.

Check out this Facebook-relatred thread:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...light=facebook

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

alright, thats good to know...thanks =)
Old 02-05-2009, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello anyone in here from Miami
Old 03-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Probationary Member

How would you feel if one of your sisters missed most of her fall recruitment preparation meetings two years in a row, but she thought she had really good reasons for missing a second year (possibly not being able to find a a good job in town or a town reasonably close and has a better chance at a summer job she worked at last year out of state) and showed interest in/commitment to the sorority all the other times of the year - including wanting to pick up a position in the coming fall semester?

Last edited by Avon; 03-19-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon View Post
How would you feel if one of your sisters missed most of her fall recruitment preparation meetings two years in a row, but she thought she had really good reasons for missing a second year (possibly not being able to find a a good job in town or a town reasonably close and has a better chance at a summer job she worked at last year out of state) and showed interest in/commitment to the sorority all the other times of the year - including wanting to pick up a position in the coming fall semester?
It depends. Every chapter has different guidelines about attendance and what constitutes an acceptable exacuse for missing something. For example: In my chapter, what you just posted would not be considered an approved excuse.

Chapter members expect sisters to be at events unless excused, so understand that when you miss things and you aren't excused (or you don't let someone know your situation ahead of time), there are often consequences. Other members have things going on to, and they still have to be there.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello everyone,

I just transferred to a University from a Junior college im in my Sophmore year. I am really interested in going greek. But i feel i have a few misconceptions. i have no greek background neither of my parents or siblings went to college . Im a lil nervous, b/c i feel like im a lack of information and I feel i missed out on a lot by not attending a university my freshman year. I have research all of the NPHC organizations and a stable GPA. Can somebody please help me on how i could go foward on to this situation.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissjones07 View Post
Hello everyone,

I just transferred to a University from a Junior college im in my Sophmore year. I am really interested in going greek. But i feel i have a few misconceptions. i have no greek background neither of my parents or siblings went to college . Im a lil nervous, b/c i feel like im a lack of information and I feel i missed out on a lot by not attending a university my freshman year. I have research all of the NPHC organizations and a stable GPA. Can somebody please help me on how i could go foward on to this situation.

Visit the national websites of the orgs and meet members. That's a good place to start.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM

Dear PNM's:

Active Chapter members are not interested in your grade school activities. Please do not list them on your panhellenic recruitment registration form. We are interested in what you were doing for the past four years (A.K.A. high school if you are a Freshman, high school and college if you are not a freshman).

Thank You!

A Friendly Recruitment Advisor
Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 PM

Promote your blog elsewhere. kthx.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Ummm.... That blog is terrible. If you can get past the massive amounts of grammatical and spelling errors and the 3rd grade reading level, it is filled with lies designed to make other sororities look bad and Greek Life in general.

Take "The problem is that every other sorority on my campus [hazes] and many other campuses do." Really? Every other sorority on your campus hazes? Have you been a NM at all of them?

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM

I don't think the writer of that blog is really in a sorority. No sorority member starts out by saying the most negative things about Greek life they possibly could. If, heaven help her chapter, she truly is a member, her termination hearing has most likely been scheduled for NOW.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I just found out my favorite fashion blog (I know, I know!) has an article about how to dress for winter recruitment! Yay!! It has some good follow-up comments, and I added one myself.

http://www.collegefashion.net/fashio...ent-in-winter/
Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
I just found out my favorite fashion blog (I know, I know!) has an article about how to dress for winter recruitment! Yay!! It has some good follow-up comments, and I added one myself.

http://www.collegefashion.net/fashio...ent-in-winter/
I am so happy the writer mentioned NOT wearing Uggs. There are so many adorable shoes that aren't furry, and I can't keep up with all the lamb chop eating to justify other people wearing Uggs. It is bad enough with all the veal and the calf skin boots and gloves.