GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,317
1 members and 1,316 guests
speedsters

Old 12-18-2003, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

~University of Maryland, College Park

~Beta Phi

~Collegian - Initiated Fall 03

~Historian

~Why did I join ADPi? Who wouldnt want to join ADPi is a better question! The girls are amazing!

~Favorite Moment - Right after initiation, when I was wearing my letters for the 1st time and felt truly part of the house....I dont think I stopped smiling for a week!...Oh yeah, I cant forget the moment when they called our name for winning homecoming and the feeling that all our hard work paid off!!
Old 12-18-2003, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Are there any ADPIs from Virginia on this? Alexandria area?
Old 12-22-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Florida Southern College
2. Gamma Gamma Chpter
3. Collegian~Spring 2003
4. Guard for right now
5. When I went through recruitment from the first day I knew I wanted to be an ADPi. All the girls made me feel like thats where I belonged and I always felt welcome in their house!
6. Every memory I have so far is my favorite!
Old 01-13-2004, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AshleyPi
1. Centre College
2. Eta Omega (no longer the baby)
3. Collegian
4. Preference Chair, Formal Recruitment Chair, soon to be RVP!!
(I love recruitment!!)
5. Everyone I met on campus were ADPi's (my RA, my Orientation Assistant, my friends in choir, SAC and CCR- even my work supervisor is an ADPi alum) I saw them everywhere and knew I wanted the bond they had. It was clear by the time deferred recruitment rolled around that ADPi was for me!
6. I loved preference night last year. I cannot imagine feeling closer to my sisters than when we would share our sisterhood with PMs. It was also a particularly special night because my diamond sister and I did the testimony, and we are very close.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to skerbow Send a message via MSN to skerbow Send a message via Yahoo to skerbow
ADPi roll Call

1. University of North Texas

2. Gamma Upsilon

3. Allumnae - Honorary

4. Music Chair, Assist. NMC, Pride Leader, Assistant Recruitment Party Chair - Pref & Skit

5. I joined ADPi because when i was looking to get involved at UNT, i fell in love with the chapter. I loved what it stood for. I loved the women involved. I love the philanthropy. I loved everything. I didn't find out until later that my great aunt was an adpi...so it was in my blood.

6. My fondest memory is the first day I was on the other side of initiation, initiating my first diamond sister. The ritual, the songs, the words, everything was beautiful. I remember being so scared and excited when I was initiated that I didn't really get the full jist of what was going on. I LOVE INITIATION!!
Old 01-13-2004, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

1 ~ College/University: Mercer University

2 ~ Chapter: Beta Sigma

3 ~ Collegian/Alumnae: Collegian

4 ~ ADPi/Panhellenic positions: NMC (newly elected...can't wait until the Fall for new Alphas!), and I've served on Panhellenic Executive Board

5 ~ Why I joined ADPi: I went through Recruitment as a Sophomore, so I knew where I wanted to go ...it was as simple as seeing the women in the chapter around campus and in what activities they were involved. I also had a close friend from high school join ADPi here two years before me, so she was a big influence as well.

6 ~ Favorite ADPi memory: Wow...so many! I cried during Pref Ceremony during Recruitment, but I think initiation was absolutely amazing, as well...especially experiencing it from the other side of it!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

1 ~ College/University: Valparaiso University

2 ~ Chapter: Eta Psi

3 ~ Collegian/Alumnae: Alumna

4 ~ ADPi/Panhellenic positions: NMC, Guard, Social were the big ones. Then of course Corresponding secretary, Pride Leader, maybe something else small? Can't remember... and it wasn't all THAT long ago.

5 ~ Why I joined ADPi: The women. I knew and respected some of the sisters from other activities I particpated in on campus. It was a pleasant suprise to also discover they were in a sorority. The group was very diverse. And then pref night hit me hard- with all the songs, poems, hugs, tears (of happiness of course!) and sisterly displays of affection. I knew right away that I belonged.
That was actually why i joined our local sorority. Why I joined ADPi was 'cause we, as a chapter, discussed and voted on the national organizations interested in expanding to our campus. Making our "bid list" and choosing ADPi was one of the few things every single woman in our chapter could agree on! Our local sorority values and the values of ADPi were essentially the same. It was definitely a mutual selection process.

6 ~ Favorite ADPi memory: Hmmm.... Writing a "diamond sister revealing" ceremony as NMC, which my sisters absolutely loved. It was exciting to start new traditions in a new chapter. To my knowledge, the chapter still uses that same ceremony 5 years later. How cool is that!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

1. University of Tennessee at Martin
2. Delta Upsilon
3. Alumna
4. Corresponding Secretary, Alumnae Relations chair
5. I felt comfortable around all the ADPi's, I knew I could be myself around them, and they were, in my opinion, the most well respected sorority on my campus.
6. My favorite memory was probably this past bid day when I got to welcome my younger sister into the sorority! I guess we are "double" sisters! Also, my bid day and initiation, among other things.
Old 02-05-2004, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

canadian chapter!!!!

1. College or University: University of Manitoba, CANADA
2. ADPi Chapter: Beta Theta www.alphadeltapi.ca

3. Collegian or Alumnae: Collegian

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: Current President and Panhel rep. Last year I was RVP/FRC and also Greek Council rep

5. Why you joined ADPi: I heard so many great things about sorority life from my best friend who is a Pi Beta Phi in Edmonton so I decided to check it out and loved ADPi!!!!

6. Favorite ADPi memory: Everyday I see my smiling sisters, and ever event I spend with them!
Old 02-06-2004, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University: Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona

2. ADPi Chapter: Gamma Rho

3. Collegian or Alumnae: Alumnae

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: Recruitment Information Manager and Historian

5. Why you joined ADPi: I didn't want my college experience to be just going to classes, since I didn't live in a dorm. I am always open to new experiences, and I knew that joining a sorority would expose me to people and things I would have missed otherwise. I did an informal rush, so I never rushed another house or even considered it! I am and always will be an ADPi!

6. Favorite ADPi memory: My candle passing at our Spring Formal.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University: Texas Tech University
2. ADPi Chapter: epsilon epsilon
3. Collegian or Alumnae: Collegian (Alpha)
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: n/a
5. Why you joined ADPi: I joined adpi because I realized that I want to be part of an organization of ladies that will stick by each other through everything, and that I felt the one thing from my college experience I was missing was sisterhood. I also felt comfortable being me, and not shy with the sisters of adpi.
6. Favorite ADPi memory: Seeing last night was bid night that's tops so far! As well as finding out I was accepted !
Old 02-10-2004, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University: Southwest Texas (SWT) aka Texas State University. The name changed this past year, Boo!

2. ADPi Chapter: Epsilon Zeta

3. Collegian or Alumnae: Alumnae

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: EVP, Scholarship, Chaplain, RhoChi

5. Why you joined ADPi: They were the best girls on campus and I wanted to be part of that. They were beautiful, smart, outgoing, very well rounded! I was an informal rush girl but still had the opportunity to go to other houses on campus and even got bids from the other groups. I felt so comfortable with all the ADPi's - plus, I loved their house - I know that is shallow, but it's the honest truth! ADPi had their rush parties later than the other groups and I already had turned down the other sororities because I really wanted to be an ADPi.

6. Favorite ADPi memory: Wow, there are so many. Only 10 girls lived in our house and I was able to live there two different years. We ate, slept, drank, etc ADPi! With such a small group living we became very close. We did so many fun and crazy things together! Wow, this really makes me think about all the outrageous things we did! What fun times!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi ladies! My name is Brandy~ but all my sisters call me "Guppie"<----- long story!!!!

1. McNeese State University in Louisiana

2. Delta Eta (chapter 103)

3. I'm a Collegian

4. I was the 2002 spirit chair, the 2003-04 RVP and Formal recruitment chair, and the 2004-05 RVP and Guard

5. I joined adpi b/c i was a long way from home and the girls were absolutely wonderful~my family (home) away from home.

6. My favorite memory at delta eta would have to be 2003 bid day, when my chapter recruited 11 beautiful young ladies. ( Our chapter hadn't recruited over 3 girls during formal recruitment in the last 5 yrs.

Thanks for letting me post!

Pi-love,
Brandy<-------- aka: "Guppie"

[FONT=arial][COLOR=blue][SIZE=3][B]
Old 02-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

I LOVE the poem "The Guppy"!!! Welcome, welcome!!

The Guppy (by Ogden Nash)

Whales have calves,
Cats have kittens,
Bears have cubs,
Bats have bittens,
Swans have cygnets,
Seals have puppies,
But guppies just have
little guppies.

Okay, now y'all know that I have a definite strange streak to me!!
Old 02-22-2004, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
Hi

1. University of Nevada Las Vegas
2. Episilon Rho
3. Alumnae
4. in college, I was music chair for a couple of semesters which is tough because no one ever wants to learn new songs.
Now, i'm slated to take over VP of Programming for the Greater Orlando assocation in June.

5. I knew I wanted to join Adpi my first orientation day at UNLV, all the greeks had booths set up in the student union and this girl from ADPi came up to me and asked "do you want to know about my sorority?" We proceeded to talk and that was it, Danielle introduced me to other Adpi's and when I came back in the fall I started hanging out with them, they all remembered me! I knew half of the girls in the rush room and soon after I knew the other half. I could just tell that they were a real sisterhood. As for Danielle? she became my diamond sis and the rest is history.

6. unfortunately my memories with my sisters are few because my second year at UNLV I was not happy with my department and opted to transfer back home. But my year with my chapter was a happy year and some of my fondest memories are from my pride, one of our favorite activites was to go to the hotels on the Las Vegas strip and take random pictures in our letters, also serenades when I was an Alpha. Bonding with the sisters was great and the Delta Chi's put on a spectacular show in wich their pledges danced and two of the brothers sang more than words in harmony. It was like having our own personal backstreet boys on campus.
I also have memories of visiting other chapters after I had to leave mine. Like attending a sleepover at Alpha Pi chapter GWU and playing truth or dare till the wee hours of the AM. and staying at Iota chapters house while auditioning at FSU. Being in ADPi limbo for a few years taught me the true meaning of sisterhood and now that I am offically alumne I am excited about being able to have a "home" once again.
L&L,
Deb

Last edited by Adelphean1851; 02-27-2004 at 12:57 AM.