GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,271
1 members and 1,270 guests
Cookiez17

Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Social Clubs

Hey, my name is Katrina. I'm not in a sorority, but I am in a social club, which is what MUW has instead of sororities (we have sororities as well, but only a couple and they are all black). Although Social Clubs are not the same, they are similar in a lot of ways. You have to go through recruitment and pledging to join. It is a lot of fun! There are eight four year social clubs at the "W": Rogue, Lockheart, Troubadore, Highlander, Mam'Selle, Silhouette, D'Belle, Reveler, and Coretta (although Coretta is a little bit different then the rest of them). There are also three two year social clubs, meaning they are only for Juniors and Seniors (you pledge throughout your junior year and are active through you senior year. In most cases at least): BlackList, Jester, and Masker. As for myself, I am only a Freshman at the moment, and I am currently a Rogue neophyte (meaning I have not been initiated yet. But it's coming fast!), and I am loving every second of it.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I have some friends up there in Troubadores and Silhouettes.

Last edited by SMTTT; 02-06-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty92booper View Post
Hey, my name is Katrina. I'm not in a sorority, but I am in a social club, which is what MUW has instead of sororities (we have sororities as well, but only a couple and they are all black). Although Social Clubs are not the same, they are similar in a lot of ways. You have to go through recruitment and pledging to join. It is a lot of fun! There are eight four year social clubs at the "W": Rogue, Lockheart, Troubadore, Highlander, Mam'Selle, Silhouette, D'Belle, Reveler, and Coretta (although Coretta is a little bit different then the rest of them). There are also three two year social clubs, meaning they are only for Juniors and Seniors (you pledge throughout your junior year and are active through you senior year. In most cases at least): BlackList, Jester, and Masker. As for myself, I am only a Freshman at the moment, and I am currently a Rogue neophyte (meaning I have not been initiated yet. But it's coming fast!), and I am loving every second of it.
Just curious, why aren't there any NPC houses there?

I see listed one NPHC sorority (Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.)
http://web2.muw.edu/index.php/en/stu...nizations.html
Quote:
Social Clubs and Sororities
  • Blacklist (Jr./Sr.)
  • Correttas
  • Delta Sigma Theta
  • Dixie Belle
  • Exodus
  • Jester (Jr./Sr.)
  • Highlander
  • Lockheart
  • Mam'selle
  • Masker (Jr./Sr.)
  • Reveler
  • Rogue
  • Silhouette
  • Troubadour

Fraternities
  • Beta Kappa Tau
Confusing because on the next page is says
http://web2.muw.edu/index.php/en/stu...ek-social.html

Quote:
SOCIAL CLUBS & GREEK LIFE

Welcome to Social Club and Greek Life at Mississippi University for Women. The Office of Student Life currently advises nine 4-Year Social Clubs, three 2-Year Social Clubs, four National Pan-Hellenic (NPHC) organizations, and one Local Fraternity. Membership in Social Club/Greek Life organizations provides opportunities for leadership development, community service, scholastic achievement, and life-long friendships. We encourage all MUW students to learn more about the opportunity of membership in a Social Club or Greek Life organization.
I guess I'm curious because you have a International sorority there but no nationals.