GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,281
0 members and 1,281 guests
No Members online

Old 12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in chapter over a decade ago (yikes) and TFJ was well known then and I know plenty of alumnae who know what it means. On the flip side (and on one of the EXTREMELY rare occaisions that I agree with 33girl), alumnae who are not involved as an alum and have been removed probably wouldn't remember. However, this is a great opportunity for her to re-engage and be encouraged to rediscover TFJ.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDTrish View Post
IOn the flip side (and on one of the EXTREMELY rare occasions that I agree with 33girl),
Wow I got PWNED. ha ha. It's all good.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
You would think...

This really depends on your new member experience. If a chapter doesnt "tease" their NMs with TFJ, the NMs may not necessarily know to listen for it....and then of course, you've got those people who go in one ear and out the other, or arent paying attention during initiation, and as soon as it's over they say "Okay, so is someone going to tell me what TFJ is now?" Seriously? Where you not just paying attention? Do you think the ceremony is just a bunch of words to take up a chunk of time out of your day? Ugh.
So the one time I dont add one last snarky sentence to my comment, and of course it changes the whole meaning of what I wanted to say...

I didnt mean for my post to sound like I was directing my question at Clemson Mom to imply that she wasnt paying attention. I meant that I knew a girl, from my own chapter, who as soon as the ceremony was over, she asked that question "Okay, what does it mean..." I didnt want to say that on here, but as a result of not saying it...my comments was misinterpretted. For that, I apologize....

I still cant imagine that 30 years from now I wont remember what it means....Other things, maybe, I'll forget....but THAT? No.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwanga24 View Post
well we all know the real meaning of TFJ and its very special to us which is awesome that we all have that tie
btw THANKS FOR JOINING!!!!!!
thats how i first knew what it was and until our whole chapter was initiated we had no idea what it meant
~Amanda
Iota Mu
Lycoming College
Our most recent pledge class really thought it was Thanks For Joining for the longest time...it was great!

-Nicole
Delta
Bethany College
Old 12-15-2009, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

My chapter didn't tease us with TFJ at all. In fact we didn't even know that we were supposed to be wondering about it.

I think unless you're looking for it you can definitely miss it during initiation. I know I missed the ritual, probably because my big kept telling me the ritual involved water bottles and flour so I was looking for that but....

I finally found out that there was even a TFJ during the next pledge class' initiation.

-L
Zeta Chi
UNCW
Old 12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZD_Delta View Post
Our most recent pledge class really thought it was Thanks For Joining for the longest time...it was great!
But . . . but . . . in Pledged, Alexandra Robbins said it means "Thanks for Joining," so that has to be right . . . doesn't it?

Old 12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was a new member we all thought it was "Together Forever Joined!" isnt that cutee!??! hahah but i def love TFJ the real one wayyy moreee!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey

Hey! I'm from the zeta omega chapter at University of West Ga!!! I just initiated and I love every minute of it. I just joined greek chat =) so it's nice to meet all my sisters and TFJ!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Xibaby! Welcome to the chat! and big TFJ to you also<3
Old 02-25-2010, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xibaby09 View Post
Hey! I'm from the zeta omega chapter at University of West Ga!!! I just initiated and I love every minute of it. I just joined greek chat =) so it's nice to meet all my sisters and TFJ!
My adviser is an alumna from your chapter
Congratulations and TFJ!!

True to Gold and Double Blue, our Alpha Xi