GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,421
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LeahArguet
» Online Users: 2,680
4 members and 2,676 guests
Cookiez17, John

Old 07-05-2005, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

What was your favorite...

part of convention? (other than the rose banquet, of course!)

Mine was the session with Real Admiral "Mimi" Blackburn Drew. Of course, that probably comes with my own prior navy experience. I found myself wishing I had worked for her, especially when she discussed how some supervisors would horde information, rather than teaching it to their subordinates. I felt that way my first 2 years in. When we finally had a change of command, I had new supervisors who finally wanted to teach me something.

How many of you particiapted in the 5K? i thought it was cute how Jane Sutton was out there in her block letters, cheering us on as we started the race.

Enough of my rambling....Actually I take that back. If any of you have a chance, could you check out or website and give feedback and ideas? I've been checking out other websites, tryign to get ideas for new sections to add, or ways to make it more appealing or user friendly. If any of you have ideas or comments, please let me know. I'm on a mission - I am taking web development in the fall, and I want that "best website award" next year! www.texasaxid.org was the winner this year, and their site rocks.

www.geocities.com/alphaxideltaspsu

Thanks!!!!!
Old 07-05-2005, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: What was your favorite...

Quote:
Originally posted by amanda6035
Mine was the session with Real Admiral "Mimi" Blackburn Drew.
You know, I almost didn't attend this. I have attended so many motivational lectures on leadership, I thought it would be the same old speech. I was blown away by what she had to say -- I'm so glad I didn't skip it to sleep in late!

I can't really say that I had a favorite part. I will say that I wish it would have been longer. There were several breakout sessions I hate that I missed b/c I attended a different one (there were too many to choose from!). I also wish I had been able to get a copy of the Choose Children book. And I definitely didn't get in enough shopping.

One suggestion on your website -- I realize that you don't have any yet (or probably don't), but get an alumnae section started. That way you'll get used to keeping it updated.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree, I really enjoyed Mimi's Living Leadership session. I really was considering skipping it because I figured that it wouldn't be any different than every other leadership seminar I've been to but it was amazing!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

What I liked....

i liked it all!! i had so much fun meeting new sisters and forming bonds with them. I think that was the best part for me was actually meeting other sisters and realizing how much we had in common.

~amber~
Old 07-07-2005, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Where do I begin?

There are so many parts of convention that I just loved!

As always, my #1 goosebump moment was hearing Grace sang by over 400 of my closest sisters.

It was great to meet so many of you for the first time. And for those of you that I have known for so long, it was wonderful to see you again. Your love, support, and sisterhood means the world to me (you all know who you are )

Let the countdown to Indy begin!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Did we ROCK at Grace, or what?! I've never heard it sung so beautifully, three-part harmony with confidence every time. Kudos to Michele Evink for helping us all sing so well.

I loved spending time with all my sisters.

I loved the water slide.

I loved Kim Starr telling us the cheesecloth/GN history. Very freaky but somehow compelling.

I did NOT love the little wild pig that greeted me near my room at midnight after Rose Banquet. I've been told they're quite aggressive, and was forced to walk slowly backward in pumps, in the dark, for quite a distance.

I loved every dessert we were served.

I loved the Beaux Brummels.

I loved the tiaras.

I loved the spa.

I loved hearing about the Parent Connection, our new children's book What Can I Do?, and our new relationship with First Book.

I loved Debbie Maas's shoes.

I LOVE Alpha Xi Delta!!!

See you in Indy...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I got chills when they announced the First Book program at the breakfast. I'm so ready to get involved with that!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Does anybody remember the name of the vendor that was up against the back wall? He had the black zippered totes w/ the blue letters on them...he packed up and left a day early. Anyways, I was hoping to try to find him online.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXiD670
Does anybody remember the name of the vendor that was up against the back wall? He had the black zippered totes w/ the blue letters on them...he packed up and left a day early. Anyways, I was hoping to try to find him online.
Sorority Specialties.

http://sororityspecialties.com/
Old 07-14-2005, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Sorority Specialties.

http://sororityspecialties.com/
You rock! Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

No problem =)

I've found some awesome "buy greek stuff" websites lately. I usually try to post the "impressive" ones (good stuff, cheapest prices) on our website. I especially like alphagold.com as opposed to masters of design because their prices are cheaper, and from my experience, they ship quicker.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually was going through the licensed vendors section briefly earlier (trying to find that bag ), and some of the vendors now have some cute things. We used to not have that much stuff...the trouble is that now that there is more cute stuff available I have to come up w/ the $$$ to pay for it!

Do you happen to remember who was selling those French memo boards? It was over there, on the side where the stuff that they sell at FH was located, near the cash register. I didn't see them on our website.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AXiD670
I actually was going through the licensed vendors section briefly earlier (trying to find that bag ), and some of the vendors now have some cute things. We used to not have that much stuff...the trouble is that now that there is more cute stuff available I have to come up w/ the $$$ to pay for it!

Do you happen to remember who was selling those French memo boards? It was over there, on the side where the stuff that they sell at FH was located, near the cash register. I didn't see them on our website.
French Memo Boards? The dry erase boards? I thought those were available on the headquarters website....unless I'm thinking of the wrong item?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
French Memo Boards? The dry erase boards? I thought those were available on the headquarters website....unless I'm thinking of the wrong item?
The dry erase boards are different. The French memo boards were like a royal blue satin w/ white ribbon criss-crossing -- and they had Alpha Xi Delta letters on them (or maybe it was written out?).

This is what a French memo board looks like:

Old 07-14-2005, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I've seen some of the memo boards on greek101.com

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again