GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,447
3 members and 1,444 guests
FSUZeta, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Letters-Sightings

I forgot another one from several years ago:
I was driving down I-95 in CT and a red sports car was a bit close behind. Not too close just enough to make me wonder what was up.

Long story short: we both had SAE related plates on our cars-mine from NY, his from Washington DC!
Jon
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw a Delta Zeta window sticker and an AKA licence plate holder while driving yesterday.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221
last night at the bus stop, saw a girl with a ... tote bag.

Same here. On my bus ride home, I saw a girl with what could have been a KD tote bag. I did not see the K, but I saw the delta, which was in green. Also, she had a cute green with white polka dots ribbon on the bad, so I"m pretty sure she is a KD.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
I saw a car today on the interstate with a Delta Gamma sticker and license plate.

Delta Gamma has two chapters in my city- one in each university.

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 06-14-2006, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
well one of the guys i used to work with is an ato from u of cincy. he has a tattoo of his letters on his leg.

and today i found out that my coworker's son is a pike at bgsu. unfortunately i found this out b/c she was talking about how they got shut down and how her son is now being sued. long story short, a brother decided to go streaking through the house. he ended up going into another brother's room and acted like he was humping him and took some pics. the kid who got humped reported it to the university, got the chapter shut down, is sueing nationals as well as every brother who is seen in the pics.

so like i said, cool to find out, but not cool for the reason.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday I was in David's bridal buying my pref. dress, and I saw a girl in there buying a dress wearing a Chi Omega sweater. She was probably getting it for pref. or some other sorority event, as it didn't seem she was going to be a part of a wedding.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

in times square, a girl wearin an SDT sweatshirt. for some reason, she was wearing it inside out. what's up with that? i know the whole drinking in letters theory, but it was like noon on a monday afternoon...
Old 06-16-2006, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Greek Letters

At my Gym-NYSC/WP-I run into members of GLO about once a week.
A few interesting shirts........
Jon
Old 06-16-2006, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I usually see at least one DST bumpersticker/carsticker/license plate a day here in Charlotte. I always wonder if it's CT4.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullertongreek
I know a stripper that has her greek letters tattoed on her lower back....

sweet
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Today I saw a girl in an Alpha Sigma Alpha T-shirt in the parking lot, and I passed a car with a Kappa Alpha Psi license plate holder.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday, I was in Philly and saw a Phi Sigma Pi. I googled it and it looks like it's a co-ed honor fraternity. I'd never seen or heard of anyone wearing the letters of their honor fraternity.

Just now, I was watching "Ham On The Street" on Food Network and there was an older man who was wearing a Sigma Epsilon Delta hat. I googled that too and it looks like it's a dental fraternity.

PSimissU
Old 06-26-2006, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PGPeripheryGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPi_Jawbreaker
Yesterday, I was in Philly and saw a Phi Sigma Pi. I googled it and it looks like it's a co-ed honor fraternity. I'd never seen or heard of anyone wearing the letters of their honor fraternity.

Just now, I was watching "Ham On The Street" on Food Network and there was an older man who was wearing a Sigma Epsilon Delta hat. I googled that too and it looks like it's a dental fraternity.

Phi Sigma Pi is really big at Howard. It's actually kinda starting to resemble Divine Nine orgs in that they have lines, line names & numbers, and calls and hand symbols. Weird, but unique. That's Howard for ya
Old 06-26-2006, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I saw a car with multiple Sigma Kappa stickers and things yesterday when I was out shopping around my hometown. I don't know where there's a chapter around here; I've never met a Sigma Kappa IRL before.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

today on 55th street and Madison, I saw a guy in an SAE tshirt.
and then tonite, after i left the funeral i came from, i saw a license plate with Zeta Phi Beta on the bottom. not a plate holder, but it seemed like she got the plate personalized, because the shield was on the left. NYS btw. never seen that before.

Last edited by tld221; 06-27-2006 at 01:22 AM.