GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,655
0 members and 1,655 guests
No Members online

Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Magazine question

I know it's not exactly "magazine season" for our chapter, but is anyone selling magazines through the same vendor who had all the reduced rates?

I'm trying to find the cheapest possible place to get some magazine subscriptions for the office where I work, so if anyone else's chapter is selling magazines, let me know!
Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Lol, I get almost all of my magazines either through deals I've found online for free (hard to find anymore) or using my frequent flier miles.

I purchased once through the KD magazine thing, and so did several family and chapter members, never again did any of us do so. Whatever company that is rips people off like nothing else- out of several orders I took the year I pledged, I think one person may have gotten their magazine, and that didn't start until six months after the order. So buyer beware!

Pretty much my chapter stopped selling them. We didn't get anything out of it, and our friends and family were getting screwed. The money goes to the Housing Corp., which right after we sold the magazines, we were trying to get a loan from to new furniture (which was very much needed) in our new suite. Back in 2000, when interest rates were rather low, they wanted to charge us 9% interest on a loan. No thank you, that wasn't doing us any favors.

Sorry for the rant there, but I hate this particular program, lol.

Not sure what kind of office you work in, but a lot of times different magazines and companies will solicit one of the professionals in the office or an office manager with cheap magazine subscriptions. I know that in my old firm, offers for cheap magazines were always rolling in. Wish I could remember the company!
Old 02-18-2007, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef the Pef View Post
I know it's not exactly "magazine season" for our chapter, but is anyone selling magazines through the same vendor who had all the reduced rates?

I'm trying to find the cheapest possible place to get some magazine subscriptions for the office where I work, so if anyone else's chapter is selling magazines, let me know!
Dani,

All chapters and AA use the KD Fundraising program for selling magazines. You can access it online through National's website. They program runs all year-- with the year being April 1-March 30 if I remember right (I can ask my magazine chair).

DaffyKD
Old 02-18-2007, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmm--I never ordered from them myself, but it seems like it's a better system this past year by doing things online. I hated hated hated the ordering books. All I did for magazines this year was put the link to the ordering site in my profile for a few sites and folks just ordered from that.

I may just pick up some of the ones we wanted today and comapre the "omg! subscribe to us now!" price on the card to the price through nationals. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess that they're not gonna carry The Onion, anyway.

I work in ITS for Baylor, for a student site. We wanted to keep a few magazines we liked in the office to encourage all the staff writers to read more and spend more time hanging out in the office (which is a yucky grey dismal little hole sans windows in Rogers, LOL).