GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,246
1 members and 2,245 guests
No Members online

Old 07-02-2001, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Get rid of all the pages

I think that if a post has been made over a year ago it should be deleted. Certain members of Greek chat seemed to get upset when someone brings up an old post. If I think a post is interesting I respond. Also people seem to get mad when a topic has already been posted and a person starts the same topic. The search engine didn't help me very much and I am sure other people had the same problem. It takes forever to go through all the pages looking for the topic you want. I am really upset bc someone got upset that i brought up a topic that was old and it had been deleted. well even though the original comments were deleted there were still responses to the article. I put in my two cents. I think GC shouldn't get mad at people who reply to old posts. If they don't like it then don't keep posts up for so long. There I said it and I feel good. To the rest of the GC's you all are nice people i.e SJG33, newbie, silverturtle, gammazetagrl etc.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-02-2001, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the compliment, Lana . But tons of GCers are really nice . Are you feeling better?

Anyway, I think that old topics shouldn't be brought up only if they are controversial. If they aren't, I think old topics are fine - even fun to read! I would hate to see old topics deleted - especially if they are beneficial to read.

[This message has been edited by newbie (edited July 02, 2001).]
Old 07-02-2001, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I spent a lot of time off and on these past days just reading old posts. It was so interesting to see how those who once asked the questions are now helping us find the answers. Threads within rush have so much information, it almost constitutes a book! It would be a shame to lose some of those golden tips. I agree with Newbie, unless it's really controversial/hateful/deragatory
it should be preserved. You should read some of the fears and anxieties some of our well know posters suffered through. It is hopeful and reassuring to see others have had the same feelings we have. I do think since we are in a new fashion season, some trendier clothing tips would be nice. Newbie? How about updating a new thread on "new threads"!
Old 07-02-2001, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

i think that some of the old posts are helpful, and should be keep. however, i do agree with AlphaSigLana, some people on here get a real attitude and bitchy when a topic is brought up again. some people are new and don't know that the topic may have been brought up in the past, or maybe they just want to start a topic that relates to them. I think that the next time we see a topic that has been brought up in the past we should reply to it if we have something positive to say, and if we know that there is some beneficial information to the topic starter in an older post we could put a link to it.
Old 07-02-2001, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
I agree. You can't win. You bring up an old topic and get jumped on. You start a thread that's been covered before and get jumped on.

We were all New to GC once and re-read old threads. I added responses to old threads alot when I first started posting back in February. I think, with all the "V" type activity, alot of us oldtimers have gotten a tad intolerant.

COntroversial/derogatory threads should be deleted to prevent them coming up again and inciting a riot. Locked threads should be deleted. But simple opinion/informational/chatty and even "Hey I have this problem in my chapter how should I solve it threads" can benefit a whole new audience by being brought up anew.
Old 07-02-2001, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by worriedsenior:
Newbie? How about updating a new thread on "new threads"!
Huh?? I'm sorry, I don't get you?

Old 07-02-2001, 11:49 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

Originally posted by AlphaSigLana:
I think that if a post has been made over a year ago it should be deleted.

I agree, some posts should be deleted to free up space.

Certain members of Greek chat seemed to get upset when someone brings up an old post.

I believe I'm the bitch in question.

If I think a post is interesting I respond. Also people seem to get mad when a topic has already been posted and a person starts the same topic.

I'm pretty sure she's referring to me again. People=Me.

The search engine didn't help me very much and I am sure other people had the same problem. It takes forever to go through all the pages looking for the topic you want.

Hopefully, the new software will make it easier and faster for the searches to go through.

I am really upset bc someone got upset that i brought up a topic that was old and it had been deleted.

Someone=me. The topic was about a wet t-shirt contest. I believe Lana offered to provide her own ideas on how to make these wet t-shirt contest more succesful. jeash obviously thought his post was in poor taste so he deleted his original post.

well even though the original comments were deleted there were still responses to the article. I put in my two cents.

Be careful. You might need the two cents for later.

I think GC shouldn't get mad at people who reply to old posts.

GC doesn't get mad. If people don't like a post...they'll reply to it. Not everyone's going to agree with you...and if you STILL don't like it...TS.

If they don't like it then don't keep posts up for so long.

Moderators don't have any control of any of the other forums except for their own. If I had my way I'd ban flaky individuals and *PROBLEM* posters. First thing on my agenda would be to get rid of those "What do you think of XYZ?" threads.

There I said it and I feel good. To the rest of the GC's you all are nice people i.e SJG33, newbie, silverturtle, gammazetagrl etc.

Newbie is right...there are many nice people here. Have a nice day.