GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,564
1 members and 1,563 guests
No Members online

Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Auburn University Rush--Fall 2007

Hello...My daughter is rushing this week at Auburn University. I don’t have enough details to give you a full rush story, but I did get enough details from her to start a new thread.

I know that there are several GCer’s with friends/relatives rushing at Auburn this fall, so I figured if we all worked together, we could give you all enough details to keep you interested and tide you over until you get a real rush story (or at a minimal we can chat amongst ourselves while we wait for our daughter’s/relatives results)!

Ice Water Teas-Yesterday and Today

My daughter (we’ll call her Kate) went to 9 different parties. They started at 11am (after convocation) and finished at 6pm. Kate had a good time, but she did mention that it was a pretty quick pace. I had talked to her Monday night (before the first day of Ice Water Teas) and she and her roommate/suitemate were nervous and excited. I think day one worked out for all of them and they enjoyed themselves. The biggest challenge seemed to be making sure you kept good notes as you moved from sorority to sorority. The Pi Chi’s did a good job in explaining what was going to happen and when it was going to happen. Kate likes her Pi Chi!

Today is day two of Ice Water Teas. They were going to be busy attending 7 teas from 8am to noon (quite a pace!). They have already been told that they will have to be prepared to put together some sort of list this afternoon. I believe the girls are supposed to be ranking the sororities in the order that they would like to return to them and that their list will then be cross-referenced against the sororities list to prepare the invite lists for the second round of parties. (Feel free to correct me if I got this wrong!)

I’ll update tonight after I hear from Kate………
Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
YaY for a current rush story!!!! Woohooo!! I'm excited!!

(and bored at work....heh)
Old 08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

auburnmom,

thank you so much for this rush thread. i wish your daughter,her suitemate and all the rest of the auburn pnms the very best of luck!!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
Lots of luck to your daughter and her roommate!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Woohoo! An Auburn rush thread, WARRRRRR EAgle! HEY!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Good luck to your daughter!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to Kate!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

An update….. Kate just called! They have finished the ice water teas. After the ice water teas were over, each group met with their Pi Chi’s and ranked the 16 sororities, indicating which of the 12 they wished to return to for the second round parties (second round is Philanthropy Parties and they can attend up to 12 parties). They were told to rank the 12 they would like to return to as number one and then they were told to rank the remaining 4 sororities as numbers 2, 3, 4, and 5. These lists are then cross referenced with the Sorority’s lists and invitations for the next round parties come from this. Invitations for the next round parties are given out tomorrow morning right before the parties start. She said that it was tough to decide on all of the rankings as she was making decisions based on only 20 minutes worth of conversation and she enjoyed herself at the majority of the sororities. I can definitely see where it could be tough.

I am proud of Kate as she has stayed true to herself and she is making her choices based on where she truly feels at home (even at this early stage) and not by what she is hearing from the other girls. She gave me the detail of her visits to the sororities and as soon as I can think of some snappy nicknames (like I am ever going to beat the girl who used the Care Bears for the sororities—I just loved that one!), I’ll update with that information....

Let’s keep our fingers crossed for her……
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah! Thank you for keeping all of us who wish we were there in the loop. I hope that your daughter has a wonderful recruitment and ends up in the sorority of her choice.

War Eagle
Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for letting us know!
Good Luck to your daughter!!

ZTA72
Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Given the fact that the Care Bears had already been used…..

I decided to use European countries to represent the 16 sororities at Auburn University. So, in random order, here are the sororities that the girls visited over the last two days of Ice Water Teas:

Spain
France
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Switzerland
Luxembourg
Ireland
Netherlands
Belgium
Germany
Monaco
Scotland
Austria
Italy
England

Kate seemed to enjoy her visit to most of the sororities, but she did mention that she really enjoyed her time in Ireland, Austria, and Sweden and felt most at home there. She also enjoyed her time at Belgium, Switzerland, Norway, and France.

Kate’s roommate enjoyed England the best (even though I am sure there were others she also enjoyed) and I haven’t heard yet about Kate’s suitemate.

Tomorrow morning the girls find out to which sororities they will be invited back to visit for the Philanthropy parties. I think they are all stressing a little over the number of parties that they are going to be invited back to and which ones. Most of the girls went out to dinner tonight with their Pi Chi’s and the Pi Chi’s spent a good amount of time emphasizing that very few girls get invited back to 12 parties and that the average is usually lower. The girls find out in the morning where they are going and then immediately head out to the first party. I am guessing I won’t get an update until the end of the day.

I’ll keep you all posted……….
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

I can't even imagine getting all dressed and ready, and then finding out which houses you're invited back to!!

Best of luck to your "Kate" and her friends!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Bless your heart! I assume most mothers are on pins and needles during their daughters' recruitments (I know my own was) and here you are thinking of us needy GCers!
Best of luck to your daughter!
Old 08-08-2007, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

If she is disappointed with the number of invites, remind her that she can only join ONE sorority anyway... that may help soften it up a little.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I think being dressed up and ready to go probably keeps some girls who are disappointed at first with their results in rush longer. And since the groups who they go to may win them over, it really might make a big difference over all.

If you got your results, and then went back to the dorm and compared with everyone else and heard more tent talk, you might be more likely just to call the whole thing off.

Auburnmom, thanks for posting this thread, and I hope your daughter has a great recruitment!