GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,411
0 members and 2,411 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2007, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool A Very Southern Recruitment=A Very Carnation Recruitment!

A Very Southern Recruitment

Sweet Tea is now at Philanthropy parties!!! After going to five parties yesterday, the PNMs chose four sororities to return to and she chose Azaleas, Crapemyrtles, Hydrangeas, and Magnolias. Today the girls are wearing T-shirts and shorts. Tonight after parties, they'll rank the groups and she'll let me know what order she put them and tomorrow, they'll get their invitations to Skit Parties.

There are a few other girls from this area also at this university, but I'm not sure if I'll get regular updates or not. If I do, I'll throw them in along the way! I did get an email from one girl a few hours before everything began. She was supposed to get a phone call from her rush advisor about meeting with her, or something, but she never got a call. So she went with her friends when they met with their rush advisor. She said she can't believe all the beautiful girls, and that she was beginning to worry about getting a bid. I told her to remember the Golden Rules of Rush..."Keep an open mind!" and "Maximize your options!"

As soon as I hear from Sweet Tea, I'll post! Keep your fingers crossed!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

hope sweet tea has a sweet time today!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

I can't pick a favorite Southern plant! I hope she gets her favorite choices tomorrow!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Great aliases. I am truly amazed at the creativity that our GCers use for the fake names.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to Seet Tea!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I like azaleas because they come in so many colors, crapemyrtles because they are stunning when they grow to be huge (they just won't grow in MD), hydrangeas because you can change the color depending on the acidity or basicity of the soil, and magnolias just smell so good! If the sororities are all just as fabulous as the codes, then Miss Sweet Tea really can't go wrong. Good luck to her!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay SweetTea! I'm going to have to go for azaleas
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
And what is the name of the fifth group? Can't wait to hear how Sweet Tea does!

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

I just love the names!!! Sweet Tea is precious, but those lovely Southern flower bushes!! I love them all, but oh, how I would love to have a Crapemyrtle!!

Violetpretty, there are two types of crapemyrtles which will grow in the northern part of the South (which weather includes my part of the country), but I just can't think of the name. They are the dark pink variety, that I remember.

ETA: Both the Baton Rouge and Sacramento types of crape myrtle will grow in PA. They're both a deep red/fuschia shade.

Last edited by honeychile; 08-10-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Love the code names and all their blooms! Just got back from Maine today,and I saw what I thought were some white hydrangeas there (is that possible?!?). They were very unusual. Of course, as a Mississippi girl, I'm partial to magnolias! Can't beat azaleas and crapemyrtles either. Good luck to Sweet Tea--hope she has an easier time deciding her favorite than I do!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: White Hydrangea's..I have 2 bushes outside of my garage. When we first moved here, I think they were a little blue/purpleish....it depends on the soil and evidentl, my soil didn't get a "let's get a little bit of dramatic color" gene.

My hometown is the "Crepe Myrtle" town for some strange reason, lol.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSKKG View Post
Love the code names and all their blooms! Just got back from Maine today,and I saw what I thought were some white hydrangeas there (is that possible?!?). They were very unusual. Of course, as a Mississippi girl, I'm partial to magnolias! Can't beat azaleas and crapemyrtles either. Good luck to Sweet Tea--hope she has an easier time deciding her favorite than I do!!!
oak leaf hydrangeas have white blooms.

agdlynn - the amount of iron and aluminum in the soil, along with the soil ph, dictates how deep the shades of purple/blue blooms are on your hydrangeas, but it can't change the actual color (that they should be). it sounds like maybe your soil makeup has changed over the years. check the ph of the soil and do a quick google search with a few of these buzz words and you will find out what you should add to your soil. you will have beautiful blooms again in no time!!!
Old 08-10-2007, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I just love the names!!! Sweet Tea is precious, but those lovely Southern flower bushes!! I love them all, but oh, how I would love to have a Crapemyrtle!!

Violetpretty, there are two types of crapemyrtles which will grow in the northern part of the South (which weather includes my part of the country), but I just can't think of the name. They are the dark pink variety, that I remember.

ETA: Both the Baton Rouge and Sacramento types of crape myrtle will grow in PA. They're both a deep red/fuschia shade.
Here in Tally you'll see crape myrtles in red, fuschia, purple, pink, and white. We have none in our yard right now, but have a couple of Southern Magnolias, an Oriental Magnolia, at least one dogwood and a couple of of redbuds in addition to a miniature gardenia, miniature hydrangeas and a number of tea olives that are getting removed this fall and replaced with azaleas.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

This Midwesterner has four hydrangeas growing along one side of her house: two white and two pink. I'm sure they're not the same hybrid as what grows in the South, but they are very pretty. If we had a different soil pH, the pink could be blue, but I don't really feel like messing with it. As it is, they didn't bloom this year because we didn't cut them back. The white are growing like gangbusters, though.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Crape myrtles grow in the DC area. Both my next-door neighbor and the people across the street have the hot pink variety.