GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,537
1 members and 1,536 guests
naraht

Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ we recieved the necklace version of the recognition pin as our senior gift. I always loved it and always thought it would make such a pretty ring.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleMissGlitter View Post

Blinged out AOII badge
:::Faints:::
Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

::faints:: along with violetpretty....

I want that badge.... WOW

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 05-12-2010, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the badge with the diamonds too! All of our executive board has diamond badges I believe. (Another AOII might know better!)

Here is a link to my old webshots account with some other pretty AOII badges in it. All are from Ebay through the years. (Minus the badge holder at the end, that is my great-grandmother's badge and my badge holder!!)

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...eoYDCR?start=0
Old 05-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I

back of Philomathean Society early badge
That is just fascinating!

Quote:

Blinged out AOII badge
My word, I think I'm having the vapors, darlin'!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I love the badge with the diamonds too! All of our executive board has diamond badges I believe. (Another AOII might know better!)
As a former member of our Executive Board once told me with a smile, upon election you then have the right to purchase an all diamond badge. However gorgeous the diamond and pearl badge is, my dream is to own an all pearl badge with ruby points. One day, one day I shall own one!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to radioZTA Send a message via Yahoo to radioZTA
I haven't been on GC in quite a while but a ZTA sister told me about this thread so I had to check it out. It's taken me 3 days to get through all the posts and it was SO worth it. LOVE, love, love seeing the beautiful badges/pins and learning some new things!

As soon as I remember/figure out how to post pix, I'll upload some of my Zeta badge collection.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to the party, radioZTA! For several of us this thread has been a daily highlight. Zeta has some fantastic blinged out badges and I don't think we have seen many here, so I for one would love to see yours!

Side note, I think it is ridiculously awesome that it not only took you three days to get through the thread, but that you kept with it & enjoyed it. Woo hoo! (says she who thought this thread would have maybe 10-15 replies, max).
Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Not only have I been fainting/having vapors/gobsmacked, but I'm just floored by what's been posted in the last day or two.

Holy Cow.

and radioZTA, pictures of your badge collection please - *swoons in advance* b/c I think that your badge is just lovely, the shape, the letters... am hoping that there are some variations. Any chance you've got one with opals? (ducks and runs for cover)

BTW may this thread live forever (or as long as we have badges to share and discuss, and history to learn).
Old 05-15-2010, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Not only have I been fainting/having vapors/gobsmacked, but I'm just floored by what's been posted in the last day or two.

Holy Cow.

and radioZTA, pictures of your badge collection please - *swoons in advance* b/c I think that your badge is just lovely, the shape, the letters... am hoping that there are some variations. Any chance you've got one with opals? (ducks and runs for cover)

BTW may this thread live forever (or as long as we have badges to share and discuss, and history to learn).
Hahahaha....You read my mind with the opals question! You are too funny! I also agree with what you said this thread forever living on! I hope it does. It is, by far, one of my favorite threads!

Keep the badges coming everyone!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:56 AM
GreekChat Member

There is an absolutely stunning Opal and Ruby Phi Mu badge currently listed on eBay!

Recently, there were two extremely odd "pre-listings" of two (2) "mystery badges" by "threegoldbrothers" on eBay somewhere around May 7th or May 8th, 2010. The first badge, eBay item 260598444182, was "pre-listed" with absolutely no description, no picture for the "bargain price" of only $1,100.00. Like any sane person would buy an unknown, unseen "mystery badge" for $1,100.00.

Well, they finally got around to posting it and it is truly magnificient. It is a gorgeous PHI MU badge that has 12 "fire opals" and 12 rubies with each of the different type of stones set in groups of three and honestly... it is truly wonderful. They reduced the "Buy It Now" price from the $1,100.00 initial price to only $800.00!?! Lucky Phi Mu. However, one can "Make an Offer." I have never in all of these years on eBay seen anything "pre-listed"... especially a badge at such an exorbitant price with absolutely no description nor a picture. However, when finally posted it is a truly stunning Phi Mu badge, just beautiful... but $800.00?

Here is the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260598444182&ru=http%3 A%2F%2Fcollectibles.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F _nkw%3D260598444182%26_sacat%3D11145%26_sop%3D10%2 6_dmd%3D1%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D11145%26bkBtn%3D% 26_trksid%3Dp3286.m270.l1313%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
I am sorry, I cannot do that nifty little trick more experienced GC members do where they creat a link on which to click that is an underlined "eBay"... what can I say, I am "technically challenged." I do not even want to think about attempting to post a picture of it! I hope posting the link in this manner works.

That said... opal "Badge Addicts" and the lovely ladies of Phi Mu... please go on over to eBay and look at this absolutely wonderful and gorgeous Phi Mu badge. It is truly stunning! I really wish I could post links with just the name, underlined, and when you click it the listing appears. Sorry! This opal and ruby Phi Mu is such a spectacular and gorgeous badge. Since it is a "Buy it Now" listing it is listed for a month or until someone buys it. Then, if not sold, the seller either relists it or moves it to their seller's eBay store.

At the same time, the same sellers, "threegoldbrothers," also "pre-listed" another unknown "mystery badge"... eBay item 260598445546, for the "bargain price" of only $1,050.00. Again, no picture, no description just an unbelieveably high price for something totally unknown and a complete mystery. Then days later the badge appears and it is a moderately blinged out APO badge and now is listed at the reduced "Buy It Now" price of only $750.00. One can, once again, "Make an Offer." I also find this badge's price to be beyond exorbitant.

The entire concept of "pre-listing" of an unknown "mystery badge" for such high prices is just beyond what is normal and extremely odd... even for most "odd sellers" on eBay. Then they have them reduced, somewhat, when they finally days later post a picture and one finally knows what badge it is. Odd, odd... odd. As with the Phi Mu badge, this is also an indefinite listing because of the "Buy it Now" feature. Good luck to them selling that particular badge for that price! Whoa...

Again, here is the eBay link sans the little underlined "eBay" click-trick. I am so sorry, I truly wish I knew how to do that. Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260598445546&ru=http%3 A%2F%2Fcollectibles.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F _nkw%3D260598445546%26_sacat%3D11145%26_sop%3D10%2 6_dmd%3D1%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D11145%26bkBtn%3D% 26_trksid%3Dp3286.m270.l1313%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
I am "old"... what can I say?

Just sayin'

As always,
Brutally*Honest

Last edited by Brutally*Honest; 05-15-2010 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutally*Honest View Post
Recently, there were two extremely odd "pre-listings" of two (2) "mystery badges" by "threegoldbrothers" on eBay somewhere around May 7th or May 8th, 2010. The first badge, eBay item 260598444182, was "pre-listed" with absolutely no description, no picture for the "bargain price" of only $1,100.00. Like any sane person would buy an unknown, unseen "mystery badge" for $1,100.00.

Well, they finally got around to posting it and it is truly magnificient. It is a gorgeous PHI MU badge that has 12 "fire opals" and 12 rubies with each of the different type of stones set in groups of three and honestly... it is truly wonderful. They reduced the "Buy It Now" price from the $1,100.00 initial price to only $800.00!?! Lucky Phi Mu. However, one can "Make an Offer." I have never in all of these years on eBay seen anything "pre-listed"... especially a badge at such an exorbitant price with absolutely no description nor a picture. However, when finally posted it is a truly stunning Phi Mu badge, just beautiful... but $800.00?

Here is the eBay link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260598444182&ru=http%3 A%2F%2Fcollectibles.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F _nkw%3D260598444182%26_sacat%3D11145%26_sop%3D10%2 6_dmd%3D1%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D11145%26bkBtn%3D% 26_trksid%3Dp3286.m270.l1313%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
I am sorry, I cannot do that nifty little trick more experienced GC members do where they creat a link on which to click that is an underlined "eBay"... what can I say, I am "technically challenged." I do not even want to think about attempting to post a picture of it! I hope posting the link in this manner works.

That said... opal "Badge Addicts" and the lovely ladies of Phi Mu... please go on over to eBay and look at this absolutely wonderful and gorgeous Phi Mu badge. It is truly stunning! I really wish I could post links with just the name, underlined, and when you click it the listing appears. Sorry! This opal and ruby Phi Mu is such a spectacular and gorgeous badge. Since it is a "Buy it Now" listing it is listed for a month or until someone buys it. Then, if not sold, the seller either relists it or moves it to their seller's eBay store.

At the same time, the same sellers, "threegoldbrothers," also "pre-listed" another unknown "mystery badge"... eBay item 260598445546, for the "bargain price" of only $1,150.00. Again, no picture, no description just an unbelieveably high price for something totally unknown and a complete mystery. Then days later the badge appears and it is a moderately blinged out APO badge and now is listed at the reduced "Buy It Now" price of only $750.00. One can, once again, "Make an Offer." I also find this badge's price to be beyond exorbitant.

The entire concept of "pre-listing" of an unknown "mystery badge" for such high prices is just beyond what is normal and extremely odd... even for most "odd sellers" on eBay. Then they have them reduced, somewhat, when they finally days later post a picture and one finally knows what badge it is. Odd, odd... odd. As with the Phi Mu badge, this is also an indefinite listing because of the "Buy it Now" feature. Good luck to them selling that particular badge for that price! Whoa...

Again, here is the eBay link sans the little underlined "eBay" click-trick. I am so sorry, I truly wish I knew how to do that. Link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260598445546&ru=http%3 A%2F%2Fcollectibles.shop.ebay.com%3A80%2Fi.html%3F _nkw%3D260598445546%26_sacat%3D11145%26_sop%3D10%2 6_dmd%3D1%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D11145%26bkBtn%3D% 26_trksid%3Dp3286.m270.l1313%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
I am "old"... what can I say?

Just sayin'

As always,
Brutally*Honest
I wonder, as this thread http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=99159 states the opening chapter date in 1929, and with a date on the back of the pin at 1970, is it really vintage? Sure it could be an older badge engraved later.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, Brutally Honest, for the information and your observations. I saw those "blind" listings and thought "ok what's coming?" Am thrilled to see the Phi Mu badge. It goes into my virtual collection of opal badges.

As for the pricing: interesting selling tactics. I lost interest quickly when there was no photo accompanying either listing. I was thinking that it was going to be a founder's badge or something of the sort.

I'm hardly an economist but I do remember being taught something about "free economy" and prices being "what the market will bear". Personally, I'm not too keen on doing business with pirates, and prefer to seek out a different type of seller. But then again, if said pirates have what I want, and I'm willing to pay what they're asking...

CAVEAT EMPTOR

OK, now someone please post the Phi Mu badge
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 05-15-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: deleted erroneous information
Old 05-15-2010, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I feel like that badge is too much. I like opals, I like rubies, but that particular pattern is so unattractive it's just fug. Also, the heart doesn't appear to be very distinguishable.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 05-15-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Here it is:

Last edited by Leslie Anne; 05-15-2010 at 12:39 PM.