GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 893
1 members and 892 guests
No Members online

Old 08-29-2015, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

DD update. 974 registered. 853 went through first round. Right now that is 50 per chapter with quota last year of 37. KD really didn't table or have much presence on campus last year especially compared to what AOPi did for their recolonization.

On the other side of town it sprinkled off and on this afternoon and the good old humidity has returned to provide the PNMs with either limp hair or the frizzies!

Last edited by GDIMom,GreekDot; 08-29-2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional info
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-29-2015, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, over 100 dropped from registering to completing first round. That seems like a lot.

Update from a PNM: the day was brutal due to no time for lunch. When her group had a lunch break, the dining halls were closed. It was tough to take along snacks. But she is in great spirits and loved all of the houses. She just needs FOOD!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
How much does it cost to register?
Old 08-29-2015, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I was thinking it was $50 but I am not entirely sure.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to post and say hello because I see some familiar names here - IndianaSigKap and cinder1965 that were so kind to me last year during Indiana University's rush. Hope you both are well! God help me, but I have another daughter participating in recruitment this year, but at Purdue. Cinder it was $55 to participate in recruitment and registration did not close until the Monday before. My middle daughter's experience has been night and day different from her sister's at IU and although she is a bit stressed she is enjoying it. I can't wait for it to be over though.

Thankfully, it will be several more years before I have another daughter in college!
Old 08-31-2015, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn View Post
I have to post and say hello because I see some familiar names here - IndianaSigKap and cinder1965 that were so kind to me last year during Indiana University's rush. Hope you both are well! God help me, but I have another daughter participating in recruitment this year, but at Purdue. Cinder it was $55 to participate in recruitment and registration did not close until the Monday before. My middle daughter's experience has been night and day different from her sister's at IU and although she is a bit stressed she is enjoying it. I can't wait for it to be over though.

Thankfully, it will be several more years before I have another daughter in college!
Tlynn thanks for the kind words. All is well. Good luck to Boiler Daugther! Purdue's recruitment is much more low key than Indiana's.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlynn View Post

Hi again tlynn! So glad to hear from you. Thanks for the confirmation of the fee!

I am doing well but a bit stressed out over rush at Purdue this year...a girl who is very special to me is going through this year. YIKES! So I will be as anxious as you this year for bid results! This time next week, it will be OVER. Until then, wine and
Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Good thing Lafayette is having an obnoxious heatwave just in time for the invitational rounds!
Old 09-01-2015, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Good thing Lafayette is having an obnoxious heatwave just in time for the invitational rounds!

Ugh, 90 degrees and humidity.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDIMom,GreekDot View Post
DD update. 974 registered. 853 went through first round. Right now that is 50 per chapter with quota last year of 37. KD really didn't table or have much presence on campus last year especially compared to what AOPi did for their recolonization.

On the other side of town it sprinkled off and on this afternoon and the good old humidity has returned to provide the PNMs with either limp hair or the frizzies!
I'm sure it will be fine. KD has had a bunch of colonizations in the last few years. LDCs got to Lafayette in mid-August. They are currently observing formal recruitment. Colonization starts after formal recruitment.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
I to think KD will be fine with the expansion. I haven't heard how the AOPi colony went but KD has been on the expansion bandwagon for a while and they have it down to a science. It will also be nice to have another KD chapter in my home/current state.

I actually talked to one of the women who is a Rho Gamme/Chi at Purdue this year and she told me about the Pilot program. She was excited about it and it seemed to make sense. 1. So many people figure out which org their Rho Gamma belongs to anyway and she said it could be the elephant in the room. She said she'd rather know they know so she could maybe ask them if they'd like to talk to another Rho Gamma if it made them more comfortable. She said that when she went through she knew her Rho Gamma belonged to a house that she also prefed and she felt uncomfortable talking to her about the decision. This way its' all out in the open.
Also, she said that some people are concerned about dirty rushing but she made the point that a person who is going to do that will do that no matter what. She told stories of past Rho gammas "accidentaly" leaving out pads of paper in their colors, etc so this takes away whatever manipulative bonding this could cause.
Her final point was that, disaffiliation has become a much bigger process and isolates the women even more, they can't go to events cause a picture may pop up on social media, some of them can't even post pictures of themselves with roommates etc etc and that it chases away women who maybe don't want to be that disconnected form their chapter. This one spoke to me the post as my chapter is on a deferred recruitment campus and the woman as basically disaffiliated all first semester and it can be really really lonely, especially since they're still paying full dues but can't participate in anything that takes place on campus and out of their house. You don't want good people who are enthusiastic about Greek Life not doing this job just because of that. Plus, it can turn into the only reason people apply is to get out of doing recruitment/other responsibilities and that's not the best representation
Old 09-02-2015, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

KDMafia,

Thanks for the insight, that is really helpful. I have no particular feelings one way or the other, I was just wondering about the thinking that led to the decision. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2015, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

The final weekend of recruitment is underway at Purdue.

Max of 8 invites today and max of 3 pref invites tomorrow . Bid day is Monday ! Hope everyone finds their home, Boiler Up!!!
Old 09-05-2015, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

And it is POURING out. I don't know what time parties start today, so I hope it clears up.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Was in northern Indiana today where it was pouring and talked to DD midday. She said it only rained for one party thankfully.

What is up with the spam? It's crazy on this site.