GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,221
2 members and 1,219 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 11-01-2002, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Real First name: Megan
Initiated: Will be initiated November 23
School: Am new member of University of Central Florida's Eta Eta Chapter (yes, that's the new colony! )

I'm totally excited to be a Kappa. The people I've met are great- not only the other girls starting our chapter, but also all the alumnae and women from other chapters who have been helping us get started.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Bump! I've noticed we've had a lot of new Kappas on the board recently, so let's find out more about you ladies!
Old 06-19-2003, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Online name: MRSMRS
Chapter: Gamma Gamma/Whitman College (yes, there really IS a Gamma Gamma at Walla Walla...."both so nice, we named them twice." )
Initiated 1956 - an "oldie but goodie!"
Kappa History - held a chapter office all four years, joined my first alum group the fall after graduation, and have been active in one or more associations ever since...all over the country. I now live in Orange County, California and have been involved as adviser and/or HB member for Zeta Eta, U. C. Irvine for 25 years. Have held every alum association office, served as Province and Regional officers, formerly a Regional Trainer and Fraternity Historian, now Fraternity Ritualist. I'm happy to help any chapter or alum group member or officer, one on one, by sharing information and ideas....especially regarding appreciation and understanding of our Fraternity ritual. You can email me anytime. I always have time for Kappa...just as it has always been there for me.
My Kappa "hobby" is the Keepers of the Key...an awesome group of the finest sisters one could ever have. It has been a joy to "meet" so many other Kappas as we help them reclaim lost and stolen pins and share their tears of joy. I cherish our heritage and our golden key.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Online Name: PaulaKKG
Chapter: Delta Xi, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA
Initiated: Spring, 1997

About me: I was born and raised in Nashville, after school I moved to Northern Virginia. I'm also a big ultimate frisbee player - which is how I met my wonderful husband.

Kappa offices: Recording Secretary, PR chair (When my chapter split the office apart from Membership), House chair for the summer, Booth and Buggy Chair (CMU has a spring carnival). I don't even think I can begine to list all the OTHER committees I was on.. ha! I also created the Delta Xi website. I also helped preseve old Delta Xi songs into a book (which I have since passed down to active member) so I know lots of kappa songs - the good and the "rowdy"!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Y'all!

username: happykappa
initiated March 8, 2003
Eta Alpha, Furman University

Home Chapter: We'll be celebrating our tenth anniversary soon!

About Me: My mom and grandmother were Kappa's too, and I'm so excited to follow in their footsteps!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

bump
Old 07-26-2003, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to po5mrk
user name: po5mrk
Chapter: Zeta Gamma, Centre College
Initiated: 04/03/03

I'm super excited about being a kappa and I've probably done a giddy kappa related dance every day since bid day. I especially love meeting kappas from all over.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sugrsingr
Username: SugrSingr
Chapter: Zeta Epsilon, Lawrence University
Currently: Social Chair and Panhellenic Delegate

About me: I am a junior Environmental Policy major with a minor in Government after extensive thought. Am involved in the music conservatory with Concert Choir.. Hoping to get more involved in the environmental group Greenfire this school year and getting Kappa out there on campus, which is a big thing for my chapter. We love showing how active we are!

Achievements: Have been listed already.. but new ones to add would be the Ritual Award we won at Province. A Kappa also won Greek Woman of the Year at the Greek Women's Banquet with Best Philanthropy for the second year in a row! Go Kappa!
Old 09-18-2003, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

username: eringobraugh
Chapter: EK
Initiation date: 1/17/98

About me: I live in Charleston, SC with my husband (who was a PKA). I am currently active in the AA here and hold the office of treasurer. I am a proud USC grad (marketing and int. business was my major), and am now working as an orthopaedic sales rep. This is my favorite time of year because I love college football and am a HUGE GAMECOCK FAN!

As an active I held the offices of Registrar and Social. I was also on the membership committee one year and a rho chi the next. From friendships, leadership roles and character development, being a Kappa has probably been the best experience of my life.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

username: ISUKappa
real first name: Kari
initiation date: 2/7/1998
home chapter: Delta Omicron, Iowa State University
currently serving the Fraternity as: Former advisor/ABC at the U of Iowa; President of the Cedar Rapids Area Alumnae group

About me: I grew up in Iowa, graduated from Iowa State in 2001 with a degree in Journalism. My older sister was a Kappa. I'm recently married and live in Cedar Rapids.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.

Last edited by ISUKappa; 07-14-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call!

username: aekatie7
real first name: Katie
initiation date: 03/08/2003
home chapter: Beta Nu Chapter, Ohio State University

Home chapter claim to fame: We were the first fraternity on campus, and our house is the "Kappa Dream House" because it was built specifically for Kappa! It's absolutely gorgeous.

About me: I am from Cincinnati, and I'm majoring in Marketing with a minor in Psychology. I want to be a buyer for retail, and I'm absolutely obessesed with American Eagle Outfitters!

I was soooo excited when I discovered this site and saw all of the posts. I love being able to network and talk to Kappas from all over the place!

L&L,
Katie
Old 11-13-2003, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Roll Call!

Quote:
Originally posted by aekatie7
username: aekatie7
real first name: Katie
initiation date: 03/08/2003
home chapter: Beta Nu Chapter, Ohio State University

Home chapter claim to fame: We were the first fraternity on campus, and our house is the "Kappa Dream House" because it was built specifically for Kappa! It's absolutely gorgeous.

About me: I am from Cincinnati, and I'm majoring in Marketing with a minor in Psychology. I want to be a buyer for retail, and I'm absolutely obessesed with American Eagle Outfitters!

I was soooo excited when I discovered this site and saw all of the posts. I love being able to network and talk to Kappas from all over the place!

L&L,
Katie
And those of us in unhoused chapters love getting to drool over other chapter's houses... *hint, hint* (Of course, that is then followed up by whining about the housing situation at UCF. You have been warned. )

Anyways, welcome to the boards!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Roll Call

username: GBKappa
real first name: Adrienne
initiation date: 10/99
home chapter: Gamma Beta, University of New Mexico
currently serving the Fraternity as: 2003-2004 Field Representative/Traveling Consultant

About me: Grew up in NM, went to the University of New Mexico, graduated in 2003, currently traveling the country and Canada as a Fraternity Field Rep.

I just love Kappa and can't believe this job is almost over!
Old 02-15-2004, 01:08 AM
GreekChat Member

username: eofleur
real first name: Jen
initiation date: 11/00
home chapter: Epsilon Omicron, UC Davis
currently serving the Fraternity as: 2003-2004 Field Representative/Traveling Consultant

About me: Born and raised in NorCal, moving to the east coast this summer. Currently eatsleepbreathe Kappa.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome Jen and Adrienne!

Hope you are enjoying your travels as field reps. A good friend from my chapter was one from 2001-2002 and then helped found the chapter at UCF. I got as far as the interviews at HQ, but, alas, it was not meant to be.

I hope you enjoy GC and the Kappa board. There are some wonderful ladies here!

I might PM one or both of you at some time as to the best way to get a hold of Courtney. She's visiting the chapter I'm ABC at in March and I have quite a few things I'd like to discuss with her before her visit.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.