GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,161
1 members and 1,160 guests
LaneSig

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2012, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahotboi View Post
I didn't blow Kevin off at all. He had a lot of good points. But I don't agree on his perspectives 100% though. His organization pays guys to upkeep his fraternity. I cannot relate to that. I find it hard to understand where he is coming from.
Actually MC was referring to knight-shadow, who gave you some really great advice.

Quote:
I'm curious, but 33girl, are you a girl? No offense but I am not interested in the woman's perspective of fraternity life. That's like asking me to give you advice on the perspective of sorority life from my point of view, it's not going to make any sense.
Actually she is also a member of a fraternity, granted it is a service fraternity, but similar issues.
Quote:
Like I said, I've been in talks with a guy who is part of the national fraternity. He is an alumni, he is a volunteer, he is NOT part of the expansion team. We haven't reached out to much alumni and maybe that would be a good idea. Again, this is more things I'm going to have to talk to the office about.
This will only help you if you are attempting a recolonization.

Quote:
But the issue is of constructing relationships completely based on this. Are you telling me that I should go out there, find random joes or people I hardly know, and hang out with them just to start a fraternity?
Well, yeah. That is what rush essentially is honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supahotboi View Post
If I knew nothing about Greek Life and this was my first impression, I would conclude that they are scum of the earth.
Because we are giving you advice you don't want to hear?

Quote:
And no, I am not telling girls to lay off for no reason. Sororities have a lot more rules, formalities, politics, and other things involved with them that are a lot different than fraternities. Your perspective is not something I will be able to relate to easily.
You see having more rules to be a bad thing? Honestly I wish that more NIC fraternities would act like a NPC fraternity or sorority.