GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,006
1 members and 1,005 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 06-28-2000, 01:22 PM
Theta Phi Alpha

Question greek chat room

has anyone gone onto the greek chat room linked from this site and found it to be full of "greek" speaking people??? does anyone know of any chat rooms that are sorority/fraternity greeks and not "real" greeks????
Old 06-28-2000, 01:29 PM
michelle_azd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Theta Phi Alpha:
has anyone gone onto the greek chat room linked from this site and found it to be full of "greek" speaking people??? does anyone know of any chat rooms that are sorority/fraternity greeks and not "real" greeks????
Have a look at page 3 on this board...there is a thread called "I think the Chat Room on this Board is for Greek nationals, not GLO members"....the topic is addressed there and the moderator John Hammell is aware of the situation.

Old 06-28-2000, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I pasted this response from the moderator John Hammell from another post:

Regarding the chat system - yes, there is a *situation* with greek nationals having a large presence in the chat rooms. I can kind of understand the confusion for them, the domain name "greekchat.com" kind of makes sense for their use I guess. I'll probably do something similar to what michelle_azd suggested and if that doesn't help we will work towards setting up a second chat system that integrates directly with this message board system - one which only registered users can access & moderators will have some control over users who abuse the chat.

Old 06-28-2000, 11:10 PM
Theta Phi Alpha

Smile

thank you for everyone's help... i must have missed the other post about the problem... actually, i thought it was pretty funny and ended up talking to a bunch of english speaking "greek" people...