GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,502
0 members and 2,502 guests
No Members online

Old 06-20-2017, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Can i join a multicultural sorority if i dropped out of a NPC sorority

Hello,

In the beginning of my freshman year of college I joined a NPC sorority and got initiated. I was only in it for a semester and the next semester I dropped out for a number of reasons. Anyways, I'm transferring schools this fall and I started to look into clubs and organizing at my new school and there is a club that caught my eye but it's a multicultural sorority. I know that once you're initiated into a NPC sorority you can never join another one but does that rule also apply with joining a multicultural sorority? Would they care that I was once in a NPC sorority? Would I be able to join? Should I let their executive board know I was part of a NPC sorority? I'm sorry I have too many questions but I just want to make sure, thank you!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-20-2017, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Not an expert on multicultural sororities, but it seems like it would be a good idea to let the ex board know that you are a former NPC member who resigned her membership. That will enable them to make a more educated decision on whether or not they want to encourage you to pursue their membership process.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Some don't care; some have clauses that say you can't join if you were ever initiated in a similar organization.

Best bet is to check with members of that organization.