GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,135
0 members and 1,135 guests
No Members online

Old 10-07-2015, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

This is something I've often wondered about. I'm an advisor with no other affiliation to the university, and while they have thorough and helpful resources for students regarding title IX/sexual misconduct, they have no readily available information on their mandatory reporting policies. As far as I'm aware, I have no mandatory obligations, but would love to know for certain.

"We are who we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut
Old 10-12-2015, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
I'm an advisor that works on campus but also in a confidential role so the Title IX stuff for me is so messed up. The one thing out university has just done is create a program where students (who are not mandatory reporters) in each organization are trained on policy and procedure to help the students have someone in their organization that they can go to if they are not sure about something.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I recently received correspondence that advisers at my campus are considered "campus security authorities" and are thus required to report certain crimes that I either directly observe or hear second hand such as sexual assault, domestic abuse, or stalking. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it, especially outside direct observation.
We just did our fall advisor meeting for the school I'm an advisor at and we had a presentation by the director of title IX on campus. Found out the same information as amIblue? posted, except that only the chapter advisor is a "campus security authority". All other advisor for the chapter are not mandated reporters. I thought it was interesting the school made the distinction.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiBaby14 View Post
We just did our fall advisor meeting for the school I'm an advisor at and we had a presentation by the director of title IX on campus. Found out the same information as amIblue? posted, except that only the chapter advisor is a "campus security authority". All other advisor for the chapter are not mandated reporters. I thought it was interesting the school made the distinction.
Maybe the Chapter Advisor is because she has contact with university greek life staff?
Old 11-11-2015, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

All Greek advisors are considered volunteers that have to register through the university. At the meeting a lot of advisors didn't agree with this new change, many said they would be contacting their national/international offices to get input on the policy change.