GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,534
1 members and 2,533 guests
LaneSig

Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Baby boys are great!
Old 03-15-2006, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATS!

What great news! I love the name!!

When I had my little key man in late November, I don't think I made it to the computer for over a week. And you're here posting two days after you got home from the hospital. Glad that you have the energy!!

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 04-14-2006, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Fleur de Lis - I just got accepted to NYU for Grad School! Educational Theatre... woohoo!

Broken Key - I am going to be very muchly in debt.

Broken Key - No KKG chapter at NYU...

Fleur de Lis - ...but my old roomie lives in NYC, and we're going to do Kappa Alumni things together... she's too nervous to go on her own!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis: My firstborn son graduated from HS yesterday. He is the valedictorian of his class of 484 (at the beginning of the year, there were 522 in his class; of those 38, I don't know how many dropped out, how many moved away, or how many didn't pass).

Broken Key: Nothing to report here except that I will have to adjust to him being away at college.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis: My about-to-be-graduated high school senior FINALLY was able to fit her Behind-The-Wheel Drivers Ed training in her chaotic schedule and passed her DMV test. Yay, a little less chauffering for Mom!

Broken Key: The differential in car insurance is insane, even with the good student discount AND the fact that she heads off to college at the end of August.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought I'd revive this thread...

Broken key- There's a hurricane looking like it might hit the west coast of FL and move across to the east coast (where I live).

Fleur-de-lis- I am a first-year high school teacher and would certainly LOVE a day or two off. I really need it!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Reviving this thread, again!

Broken Key: I'm teaching high school and still have one whole month to go before I'm out of there.

Fleur de lis: Less than two months till I marry my sweetie!
Old 04-21-2007, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, sl, I almost forgot about this thread (and I even started it! )

broken key - my son is on his 5th ear infection (3rd in 2 months) and has to have tubes put in next week.

fleur de lis - I got to go back to my undergrad chapter house today and see my old house mom (who is still as awesome as ever and has been there 22 years!!) AND we got to see the float the chapter did with a few other groups for VEISHEA and it was awesome. If they don't win, I would be shocked.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LUC Kappa
Hoots and Toots

wow my chapter does the same thing calle hoots, salutes and toots lol. hoots would be a good thing and a toot would be a bad thing.

Fleur-de-lis: to chicago finally getting some nice weather HOOT HOOT
Broken key: for having a really hard time with my organic chemistry (pray for me)
Old 05-11-2007, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis and Broken Key: I was elected AA President, but I had to give up HB and AB. It's all good though!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis: Only 6 more days of school with the students! Soon I will no longer be a first-year teacher.

Broken key: I have to have my room completely packed up 7 school days from now because I am moving down the hall. And I am leaving school early that day to hop on a plane. Stress!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

F.D.L. I actually saw an owl tonight!!!!! I have never seen a live one except in the zoo or as part of a wildlife presentation.

Broken Keys (not quite): I almost hit it as it flew past my windshield.

I live in true suburbia near a major city. I was driving my 7th-grader home from Boy Scouts around 7 pm. It was still bright out, not nearly dusk. We were near our racquet club on a residential street and a big, fat bird with soft-looking brown, tan and white feathers flew VERY LOW across the street.

My son and I discussed this bird the rest of the way home. Definitely predator size, body wasn't streamlined enough to be a hawk or eagle. The feathers looked mottled as are an owl's. My Boy Scout says barn owl. He's probably correct but I am thinking G.H. If it was a barn, it was a VERY big one.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

There are owls all around where I live, and we hear them all the time at night. When we 1st moved in 22 years ago, we saw a baby owl on top of a stack of firewood in our yard. He would flap his wings like he was practicing what to do when he started flying. If he fell off the stack, he would use his beak and claws to climb back up. His mom was hovering around, making sure her baby was OK. We figured he fell out of the nest. He was white, but the mom was brown.

A few months ago, I saw one in the trees around our house. I did take pictures but wish I had had a better camera. I couldn't get too close because he would fly away, and my zoom only worked to a point. We had taken pictures of the baby owl, too--we were able to get a little closer because he couldn't fly away, but we were careful not to be a threat to the mom!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alum View Post
I live in true suburbia near a major city. I was driving my 7th-grader home from Boy Scouts around 7 pm. It was still bright out, not nearly dusk. We were near our racquet club on a residential street and a big, fat bird with soft-looking brown, tan and white feathers flew VERY LOW across the street.

My son and I discussed this bird the rest of the way home. Definitely predator size, body wasn't streamlined enough to be a hawk or eagle. The feathers looked mottled as are an owl's. My Boy Scout says barn owl. He's probably correct but I am thinking G.H. If it was a barn, it was a VERY big one.
My husband likes to tell the story of how a Great Horned Owl nested in their barn. One day he (or his grandpa, I can never remember) startled it and it swooped and flew out the front -- the tips if its wings brushing the edges of the door as it went out. The door is easily 8-10' wide!

We hear them occasionally in our neighborhood (they keep the pigeons to a minimum, thank goodness) but I don't think I've ever seen one.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis: I'm now an advisor! I'm excited to become more involved as an alumna. I will also be helping with the 1st day of recruitment at UCF tomorrow.

Broken key: School starts back for us on Wednesday and the kids come back next Monday. I wish the summer would last forever! I certainly have enjoyed not hearing that alarm clock go off at 5am.