GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,138
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, KristyClif
» Online Users: 1,082
2 members and 1,080 guests
Sister Havana, Xidelt

Old 07-31-2006, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyKeyKKG
bump! because i love reading these scary stories!

I do have a question too. When the murders happened in Gainesville, FL in 1990 did they postpone any of the rush parties that year or did it go on as planned? I was reading the link earlier in the thread and it said that many students left school for a while they were so scared, so I was wondering if that interrupted rush. I'm sure the sororities were really on edge at the time (it was August, right before school started).
From what I recall, they did postpone rush (it was rush back then). I was a chapter consultant that year but never made it to Gainesville but I know we hired private security at the sorority house. It was a scary time.

Denise
Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef the Pef
I also saw a lot of posts about Ted Bundy on here--wasn't he a Univ. of Washington alum? (Or was that the Green River killer?) Eesh.
Yeah, he was. WSU has a "Ted Bundy Was a Husky" facebook group.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jaade124
I just have to say that I LOVE stuff like this! lol. Even though it slightly freaks me out

I sorta have one myself...I go to Hofstra in LI and about 4-5 years ago a kid named Max Kolb was murdered by a member of a fraternity (not sure which one and I'd rather not speculate since I don't really remember which one he was from). Apparently the frat guy took Max to a motel and murdered him. There are many stories that circulate about what exactly happened but noone is really sure. Anyway, the frat kid cut Max into pieces and had kept him in the trunk of his car on campus for a while. I'm an RA and my RD (who was a freshman at the time) lived in a building right where the car was parked and everyone would be walking around smelling this awful smell but noone knew what it was or where it was coming from. Eventually the smell just went away.

SO...an alumni of my sorority was due to move into an off campus house with the frat kid that committed the murder and some other frat/sorority members (we can't have houses so alot of the times people buy houses off campus and either live with their organization or other orgs). They moved in and one day the alumni of my sorority was going to rake the backyard because there were leaves everywhere. Apparently, the frat kid ran outside and grabbed the rake from her and was like "this is a man's job let me do it" and she let him. A few weeks later the cops came to their door and arrested the kid and found Max's body buried in the backyard! Apparently, my alumni sister was going to rake right over where Max was buried and the kid got scared! Very scary story and also very very sad. We have a telethon every year to celebrate Max.

Epsilon Kappa Alumni
Aim High, Do or Die!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaade124
I just have to say that I LOVE stuff like this! lol. Even though it slightly freaks me out

I sorta have one myself...I go to Hofstra in LI and about 4-5 years ago a kid named Max Kolb was murdered by a member of a fraternity (not sure which one and I'd rather not speculate since I don't really remember which one he was from). Apparently the frat guy took Max to a motel and murdered him. There are many stories that circulate about what exactly happened but noone is really sure. Anyway, the frat kid cut Max into pieces and had kept him in the trunk of his car on campus for a while. I'm an RA and my RD (who was a freshman at the time) lived in a building right where the car was parked and everyone would be walking around smelling this awful smell but noone knew what it was or where it was coming from. Eventually the smell just went away.

SO...an alumni of my sorority was due to move into an off campus house with the frat kid that committed the murder and some other frat/sorority members (we can't have houses so alot of the times people buy houses off campus and either live with their organization or other orgs). They moved in and one day the alumni of my sorority was going to rake the backyard because there were leaves everywhere. Apparently, the frat kid ran outside and grabbed the rake from her and was like "this is a man's job let me do it" and she let him. A few weeks later the cops came to their door and arrested the kid and found Max's body buried in the backyard! Apparently, my alumni sister was going to rake right over where Max was buried and the kid got scared! Very scary story and also very very sad. We have a telethon every year to celebrate Max.
This sounds like the biggest Urband Legend I've ever heard. Ok, it could possibly be true but Really?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jaade124
uhmm it is true. you can do a search on max kolb. this only happened a few years ago. in fact here is a snippet from a news article...

"Police said Alexander stored Kolb's naked body in his Land Rover for seven days, then dropped it off at a storage facility for five days before burying it behind an upscale house he rented in Long Beach, Long Island. His father is a wealthy Atlanta financier. Police are now investigating whether Alexander is a serial killer responsible for similar killings outside New York."
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/A984_0_2_0_C/

did the whole raking incident occur where my sister was going to rake and Alexander stopped her? I can't tell you that I'm 100% positive. I got this information from other people (my RD and some sisters)...I had not firsthand spoken to the alumni. *shrugs*

Epsilon Kappa Alumni
Aim High, Do or Die!
Old 08-02-2006, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
"Police said Alexander stored Kolb's naked body in his Land Rover for seven days, then dropped it off at a storage facility for five days before burying it behind an upscale house he rented in Long Beach, Long Island. His father is a wealthy Atlanta financier. Police are now investigating whether Alexander is a serial killer responsible for similar killings outside New York."
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/A984_0_2_0_C/
You could sell that story to the writers of Law & Order. They love to do "based on actual event" stories. It seriously reminds me of things you see on that show.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Not really scary, just weird... We have bullet holes in the the kitchen window of our house. Don't know how long they've been there, but the glass hasn't been changed in years. Weird thing is, they came from the inside of the house.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Denise_DPhiE
It's completely true. He was a member of a fraternity colony at the time. My friend's husband is on their executive council and it was quite a shock. To add to this, the fraternity consultant was picked up from the airport by this guy (alledged murderer) and the body, at the time, was in the back of the car (later buried). The fraternity did survive the incident and is still in existence. Anyone interested in which group can PM me.

Denise

Quote:

Old 09-02-2007, 10:35 PM
GreekChat Member

wanted to bump this thread in case anybody new had any stories!
Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

This is a website with hundreds of ghost stories, including many that involve colleges and Greek houses.

www.theshadowlands.net
Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

[quote=CutiePie2000;19385]Yes, amycat412, the murders did take place right inside the Chi Omega house at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida.

To further creep everyone out, a 4th Chi Omega actually was coming home from a date in the early hours of the morning (like 1 am or 2 am) and actually saw a man (i.e. Ted Bundy) in black fleeing the Chi Omega house. So creepy.

Thank goodness that she wasn't 5 minutes earlier or she might have crossed paths with him in the hallway or something, and who knows what terrible thing he might have done to her? Yikes! So CRRREEEEPY!!
Thank goodness, however, that he DID NOT SEE HER!]

Ted "started" out in Washington State. He went to my school's Law School and studied in the main campus Library. Where my Big Sister
worked as part of her work/study program. She "knew" Ted; thank goodness he was known/called "The Deliberate Stranger".

Also one of his first victims was a sorority member up in the Univ. of Washington. If anyone every read any of the books or saw the movie, two SAE Brothers were walking the girl back home. They stopped at the SAE house for a moment. They offered to walk her to her house; she declined as it was only a half a block away. She was never seen alive again.

I met those two Brothers a few years later and they still were haunted by the incident.
From a prior posting:Ted Bundy killed a Theta named Georgeann Hawkins on June 10, 1974 at UW

Last edited by jon1856; 09-03-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB View Post
But back on topic.

Supposedly a Sigma Nu killed himself in the third floor bathroom of what is now our house (when they lived in it) at the Univ of Puget Sound.
When did the Sigma Nu's live in your house?. I never heard this story before.

And I know where the third flood bathroom is located

Later P.S.: I just spoke with my Big Sister, a Gamma Phi sister.
While she barely recalled the Sigma Nu's living in the house, she never heard
anything about the death. She said that she would look into it as she was
now curious about it.

Last edited by jon1856; 09-03-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise_DPhiE View Post
It's completely true. He was a member of a fraternity colony at the time. My friend's husband is on their executive council and it was quite a shock. To add to this, the fraternity consultant was picked up from the airport by this guy (alleged murderer) and the body, at the time, was in the back of the car (later buried). The fraternity did survive the incident and is still in existence. Anyone interested in which group can PM me.

Denise
I can confirm this story. And in some ways it is even worst than written here. And as it was reported, at the time, in the media the murderer (he was convicted and is serving hard time) is an EX-SAE.
My girlfriend to this day says that I went white while watching his perp-walk on the evening news.
And this was after reading about it in that days newspapers.

Last edited by jon1856; 09-03-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

To return this thread back to the place where it started, I was going to ask if anyone here was at Gettysburg College? College and rest of town well know to be full of "odd" stories.

While looking it up; found this site:
http://www.hollowhill.com/colleges/colleges.htm

Many other sites as well.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

A friend has a ton of ghost stories from there

She isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, and used to ride her bike home through the deserted-at-night battlefield from her waitress job.

She claims to have seen a lot of weird "ghostly" things, but her scariest story is how she was attacked one night by an all-too-real living human. She wasn't smart enough to NOT ride through the empty battleground, but she was at least smart enough to carry her bike chain in her hands while she rode, which made a very effective weapon and allowed her to get away unscathed.

(My only Gettysburg ghost is a guy from home I used to date, who was a Fiji there)