GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,260
1 members and 1,259 guests
No Members online

Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 View Post
BlueCarnation--That's exactly what I was thinking! I kind of like the way recruitment goes in the South...at the very least it's WAY warmer. I shudder to remember recruitment last year
Yeah, we midwesterners are way different, aren't we? The only times guys are involved in our rush is when they sit out in front of their frat houses and "grade" the rushees!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUHoosiergirl88 View Post
BlueCarnation--That's exactly what I was thinking! I kind of like the way recruitment goes in the South...at the very least it's WAY warmer. I shudder to remember recruitment last year
I'd rather have recruitment in frigid conditions. Cold weather is much better for skin and hair. Frizz, sweat, makeup melting off your face, no thanks. I like deferred recruitment, even if it does mean trekking through ice and/or snow.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
I'd rather have recruitment in frigid conditions. Cold weather is much better for skin and hair. Frizz, sweat, makeup melting off your face, no thanks. I like deferred recruitment, even if it does mean trekking through ice and/or snow.
I don't know if you're originally from Maryland, but I lived in DC, and the winters there are NOTHING compared to a good midwestern winter. DC closed down if there was a threat of snow, which I loved. Trying to look cute in -30 wind chills is not easy. Instead of makeup melting down your face, you have frozen snot and eyelashes! I don't know if anywhere has ideal rush conditions, but mid-September weather in the midwest is nice, if unpredictable. It can be really hot, or a bit chilly and rainy.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Agree (X infinity) as I am a woman who is a fan of cold weather for many reasons. Though instead of frizz there is static but that is easily solved with a light application of some hair product. No worries with pedicures or any sort of tan. Plus serving warm beverages is lovely, as well as it being nice to have a large amount of women with their body heat when it is 20 degrees outside instead of women in 85 degrees outside and no A/C.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarnation View Post
Yeah, we midwesterners are way different, aren't we? The only times guys are involved in our rush is when they sit out in front of their frat houses and "grade" the rushees!
I remember my Rho Gamma warning us about that. I totally didn't believe her- until I saw them with their big numbered signs!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarnation View Post
I don't know if you're originally from Maryland, but I lived in DC, and the winters there are NOTHING compared to a good midwestern winter. DC closed down if there was a threat of snow, which I loved. Trying to look cute in -30 wind chills is not easy. Instead of makeup melting down your face, you have frozen snot and eyelashes! I don't know if anywhere has ideal rush conditions, but mid-September weather in the midwest is nice, if unpredictable. It can be really hot, or a bit chilly and rainy.
My midwestern school held rush about 2 weeks into September (after school started) and based on the stories I've read here (freezing cold or blistering hot), that was the perfect time to go through rush! Warm enough that you didn't need a coat and cool enough that you weren't a pile of goo.

Anyway, back to Auburn- anyone have more pictures?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for the pictures Auburnmom08, the village is just so beautiful.