GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,589
3 members and 2,586 guests
aidntexaxdz8175, Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphatausc View Post
Seems reasonable. Mind if you tell me your fraternity? Not saying you're wrong, I just had always heard that KA, EN, ATO, and SAE were "the" fraternities of the south.
Kappa Sigma - Founded in the same state as the Lexington Triad (UVA). Not as big as Sigma Phi Epsilon or Sigma Chi but by some accounts/measurements 3rd, 4th or 5th. We are definitely larger than your "Big 4". Incidently, Sigma Phi Epsilon is a "southern Fraternity" too (University of Richmond). Pi Kappa Phi is also "southern" (College of Charleston). Let's not forget about Pi Kappa Alpha either (UVA). Bottom line is there are really very few "southern" Fraternities as we are all fairly national in scope with chapters in most every region.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Don't you know it never happened? He knows more than you do all the way over there in S. Carolina bc he just knows. Thanks for adding more confirmation to what has been SAI, "Every chapter is different. Some may not take a gay may, but some may have no problem at all...even at an SEC school."
Haha... yeah, I'm definitely glad that someone informed me that my experience never happened, otherwise I might have made the mistake of believing it. Now, I'm not saying they didn't have any ulterior motives... when I went through Rush I was one of a handful of independents on our Senate and also had like half of sorority row on speed dial. ... but, I consider that part of my contribution to the fraternity, plus I would never set a woman up with a douchebag.