GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,544
2 members and 1,542 guests
nataliecavsoz41, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 09-09-2020, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy I really need help

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm on the right forum. But my school has started informational for some sororities. I've always been told I come off as a Delta, I've gotten scholarships from the Delta's when I was in high school, and I truly want to be a Delta. I was told by them to get to know the ladies speak to them and such, but every time I reach out I get ghosted. Well, I've been pretty discouraged, but I then learned about SGRhos. I've been doing some research on them since I've never heard anyone mention them and there seems to be a lot of stigma about them. I do like what they stand for and also how friendly the women are. I have received a packet from them, but I'm at a crossroads. I don't want to partake and then they find out I've spoken to deltas and such and it blows over. I also know more deltas than I do SGRhos. What should I do? I never knew about greeklife growing up until I got to college unfortunately
Old 09-09-2020, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

If your school is doing formal recruitment, you'll be talking to them both anyways so I don't see how they could be offended. If your school is doing informal, it's still common to rush multiple organizations, in my experience. I can't speak of your school specifically but I've never heard of any organization being offended that a PNM is rushing more than one org or somehow refusing a bid just because you rushed multiple orgs.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

There is no such thing as “coming off as a Delta.” Our organization is very diverse, with women of different backgrounds and personalities. I would first suggest getting rid of the stereotypes you have been told in the past.

I cannot speak to why they may be ghosting you. I’m not sure how you have reached out previously, but perhaps you should send the chapter a professional email stating your interest and asking about future events or programming. Otherwise, you should be showing up to their events (even if it is virtual) and continue your community service activities. Unfortunately, no one here will be able to tell you what they are thinking.

I would do some soul searching. Why do you want to be in a sorority? What attracts you to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated? What attracts you to Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated? It shouldn’t be about stereotypes, how many members you know or stigmas you’ve heard. These are lifetime commitments that are bigger than your campus. You really need to find your why. Both are excellent international organizations with amazing women, who are doing great work in their communities.

Good luck on your journey!

Last edited by PersistentDST; 09-09-2020 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringpop View Post
If your school is doing formal recruitment, you'll be talking to them both anyways so I don't see how they could be offended. If your school is doing informal, it's still common to rush multiple organizations, in my experience. I can't speak of your school specifically but I've never heard of any organization being offended that a PNM is rushing more than one org or somehow refusing a bid just because you rushed multiple orgs.
Just an FYI:
I’m assuming the OP is interested in NPHC sororities. NPHC organizations do not participate in recruitment and we don’t have PNM’s or give bids. We encourage those who are interested to research our organizations and then pursue that specific organization once they have made an informed decision. Our new member processes are considerably different from our NPC SisterGreeks.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
Just an FYI:
I’m assuming the OP is interested in NPHC sororities. NPHC organizations do not participate in recruitment and we don’t have PNM’s or give bids. We encourage those who are interested to research our organizations and then pursue that specific organization once they have made an informed decision. Our new member processes are considerably different from our NPC SisterGreeks.
I see. Thank you for educating me, I was unfamiliar with the NPHC process.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringpop View Post
I see. Thank you for educating me, I was unfamiliar with the NPHC process.
We have an empty seat here in the back row, till you get familiar with the terms and know what to comment on and when to stay quiet
Old 09-11-2020, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you so much for your replies. Like I said I don't know much, only what I've seen and told. & I am trying to get out of the mindset of stereotypes and stigmas. And I really appreciate the positive replies w/out any sort of judging and negativity.