GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 968
1 members and 967 guests
No Members online

Old 03-18-2008, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully View Post
I don't know..I still get the chills! But I feel like they spend more time debunking the homeowner's theories. The group basically just left with saying, "if the lights going off make her feel better and she thinks the spirit is gone, then it's ok...it was just a power outage." I hate when there's no firm conclusion.
It was strange.

I get chills until they start debunking the homeowner's theories. And the end synopsis leaves a lot to be desired. They need to do better than that if they want people to NOT get tired of this show.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread has inspired me to share my own stories.

Since I was young, I have had the uncanny ability to predict things that were going to happen. Like exactly what someone is going to say, who is calling on the phone, who is knocking at the door(While being on the opposite end of the house), etc.

I also can sense if there is a presence. Someone in the thread mentioned the Winchester House. I went there when I was 11, ironically my grandmother died that same week. Since then (10 years have past) I just get this weird feeling many times when I am some place, like I sense someone's presence.

I often feel like someone is watching me when I am in my parents' home. I will be sitting downstairs watching TV and I feel as if someone is watching me. It is the weirdest thing! I also had the strange feeling that there is someone standing at the end of my bed by my closet in my bedroom at their house. I will also hear footsteps from upstairs when there is no one home except myself. Oddly enough when I left for college all this activity ceased.

I will post my cousin's story in a bit.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate that I like this thread so much. It creeps me out, but I can't help but read on! At least it's still daylight here.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 PM

http://www.forgottenoh.com/OU/ou.html

Check this link to read about my Alma Mater, including Delta Tau Delta and a number of other Greek Houses on campus.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum View Post
http://www.forgottenoh.com/OU/ou.html

Check this link to read about my Alma Mater, including Delta Tau Delta and a number of other Greek Houses on campus.
I thought that my story was interesting until I read yours, but here goes.

We visited Atchinson, Kansas last summer to meet my brother's fiancee's family. She has an aunt that is a Benedictine (Catholic) nun there. We were driving through the convent grounds when we came upon a building in ruins-very scary- and found out that they were tearing down one of the old college buildings. Everything was very old & bizarre. My brother took a picture and when he had it developed there were light "orbs" on the wall. He did research on the Atchinson area & found out that its well-known to be one of the most haunted areas of the US and lots of paranormal activity has been cited there.
The whole trip was weird- you can feel that something is going on there, it's hard to explain. It may just be highly spiritual because of the nuns and praying to God & all. That's what I thought until he told us of his research. My brother is a highly skeptical and sarcastic person who really does not believe anything easily. I want to go back now that I know about the hauntings and check it out again.

Last edited by barbino; 04-06-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: wrong city -Atchinson is correct
Old 04-03-2008, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I love this thread.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

I am really creeped out.

This weekend I was working at an Alabama camp that my kids have gone to for years. Some of the longtime staffers (that would include me but somehow I never heard this) were talking about creepy things that had happened over recent years.

One staffer had gone down to one building and upon opening the door, heard a bunch of women apparently having a conference. She stood for awhile, decided it wasn't a group she knew, left, and said something to the camp director, who said, "Nobody is at camp today except us." They ran back up the hill but the building was empty.

Then another staffer reminded everyone about the time that she and her daughter-in-law drove up to the dining hall, which was dark, and flipped the lights on. From the back, they heard an elderly lady call, "Who's here? Who just came in?" and they went to the back. No one was there, it was dark, locked, and deserted.They swore it sounded like the former (deceased) camp director.

Then they started talking about how lately, several staffers who were walking up to the stables at night had heard horses galloping up the gravel road behind them--sounded like right up to them--but none were there.

I've been in these places alone before but it ain't going to happen again, lol.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I hear ya. After hearing those stories, I would never be alone. LOL.

More stories! More stories!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
More stories! More stories!
I guess I will share my cousin's strange encounter.

When my cousin was about 4 years old he was sitting on the floor of the laundry room (which was more or less a closet) while his mother (my aunt) folded clothes. My aunt was distracted for a second and watched my cousin because she says he had the weirdest look on his face.

My aunt went back to folding the laundry, but noticed the room was cooler. My cousin then burst out with "Hey Mom, who is that lady standing to next to you?"

There was no one standing next to her.

My cousin to this day, 15 years later says the image of the lady is still burned in his brain. She was wearing a black dress and white apron in turn of the century type clothing. He said she also had her hair up on her head in a bun. She simply stood next to my aunt like she didn't see her at all and started to fold the laundry.

Something weird to consider, the house they were living at when this happened was built in the early 60s, and we have no idea if there was ever a house there before though ancient Indian burial mounds have been discovered close by.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

This being the season, I thought I would bump this thread. This and also--

Today my UGa daughter walked into the little bathroom across from her advisor's office. As she walked in, she noted that the doors were open to the other 2 stalls, no one was in them. A couple of minutes later, a roll of toilet paper sailed over the top of the stall and conked her on the head. She was really upset when she called us because she knows no one else was in there plus she would have heard someone heave the door open had another person entered the bathroom.

Last edited by carnation; 10-23-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Thanks for bringing this back, carnation. That's scary!!!! I wonder if she was on North Campus since that is the oldest part of UGA's campus. There's bound to be plenty of ghost at 200+ yr old college, but I wouldn't have thought one would be so mean-spirited.

DISCLAIMER: I'm just a fan of the show below.

I was listening to The Bert Show on All The Hits Q100 this morning, and they started my favorite segment of the year: Atlanta Ghost Hunters! They played back EVP of ghosts speaking that was recorded last year. (It was so dark and rainy at 7 am when I was listening. LOVED IT!) Some recordings were weird and scary, and one was bizarre (a guy saying "Touch me, daddy"...eww). All next week, y'all should check out the new recordings around the Atlanta area. They'll probably be on in the 7 am hour.

I have an interesting ghost story of my own...maybe. I've noticed over the past 12 months that I'm randomly hearing a loud scream and I wake up. Not a bolt out of bed or a cold swear. I just wake up maybe because I'm used to it now. It's not a voice that I can readily recognize like my late brother or grandfather, but I hear this yell when I need to get up and get going. It's like my own personal wake up call. However, I swear I saw a dark figure go across the bathroom while I was showering (my shower curtain is clear with a sheer white outer curtain). My husband is dark-skinned and has a tendancy to play jokes, but I never heard the door open or his jokester laugh. I got a nasty chill and had to look out during the rest of my shower.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok mine is pretty weird, but when I was really young- between the ages of 2 and 4 or 5, I would wake up in the middle of the night and this creature that looked like a tree trunk but with legs nd arms and a face would carry me into my parents' room and put me in the bed with them. I know that I was young, but I am positive that I didn't walk there myself and why would my parents wake me up and put me in their bed? Plus, my dad would usually carry me back to my room. When I was 4 or 5 the tree trunk started coming less and less often and I started walking in there myself.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspeach View Post
Ok mine is pretty weird, but when I was really young- between the ages of 2 and 4 or 5, I would wake up in the middle of the night and this creature that looked like a tree trunk but with legs nd arms and a face would carry me into my parents' room and put me in the bed with them. I know that I was young, but I am positive that I didn't walk there myself and why would my parents wake me up and put me in their bed? Plus, my dad would usually carry me back to my room. When I was 4 or 5 the tree trunk started coming less and less often and I started walking in there myself.
Did you ever ask your parents if they recall how you got into their bed as a toddler? I had this memory from when I was still sleeping in a crib. There was this creature that I can only describe as a goat that would peer over the edge of the crib. I would be absolutely terrified and I would cry quietly and lie perfectly still. I had completely forgotten about it until a few years ago when I was looking through baby pictures. I noticed one that sent a chill through me (I was an adult at the time lol). It was the goat. But, when I looked more closely at the picture, I realized it was only a brown blanket that lay across one edge of the crib. It was creepy though because the design on the blanket and the way it was placed really made it look like a goat head. Eek!

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Three weeks ago my sister-in-law was still pregnant. She and my brother have refused to tell anyone the names they were considering - they didn't know themselves which of the three they would use.

My sister was visiting a friend when the friend's 3 yr. old son asked her "Do you know someone named Ethan?". (Mom says the 3 yr. old doesn't know anyone named Ethan - rather unusual name in these parts)

Fast-forward two days later - my brother and sil have the baby, and announce his name is - Ethan.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

How come I always seem to be the one to bump this thread with a new scary story?

So weird stuff has been happening in my classroom ever since they created a new classroom and moved me in 2 years ago. A couple of days a week, the room will get icy cold and we'll smell an odor like the sulfur water that beach communities get (not just sulfur but sulfur water, a smell that I love). The custodians have looked into it and there's no reason for either. The cold can come in any season and when it does, the air conditioner isn't on.

In the last couple of months, books have started falling randomly out of the shelf. It happens during various class periods and I've been playing it off when it happens so the students don't realize that anything is odd. (Although the last time it happened for the third time in one day, I was alone and grading papers and distractedly yelled, "Cut it out!" OMG... anyway, it didn't happen again.) So Thursday, a student who sits in front of the bookshelves kept twisting around and looking at them and finally said, "Dr. C, I really feel like someone is standing behind me." He has sat there for 2 years and has never done that!

I finally spoke to the head custodian, who's this very serious man, and you'd figure at 6'8" he'd be unafraid of anything. he said, "Now that you've told me that, I feel like I can tell you what's been happening to me here at night and you won't laugh." He then told me that when he comes in late and knows he's the only one in the building, he'll hear doors slamming up and down the hall and voices all over the place. Eeeee. I heard the same thing from a former biology teacher/coach a couple of years ago and he refused to work at night anymore.

Around this area, if you have this kind of thing happen people say that the building must have been built over a Native American graveyard. Who knows, although the school is only 10 years old. There's a supposedly haunted covered bridge nearby that was closed 2 years ago; maybe the spirits just popped on over to the school?