GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,605
0 members and 1,605 guests
No Members online

Old 04-12-2000, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Suspended Chapters

I'm new to this board and I must say I am very impressed with it. I am currently in the process of preparing for a tentative rush in the Spring of 2001. I have one question. The AKA's on my campus are on suspension for hazing. I would like to know if I should make contact with the members now or if I should wait until they come off of suspension. As of now they are not active on campus and are therefore hard to get to know. Would you please give me your opinion on my situation.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

------------------
A real lady is confident enough to reach down and help someone else up.
Old 04-13-2000, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

I read that you are preparing for a tentative rush in Spring 2001. Hopefully the suspension will be lifted by then and the chapter will be able to initiate new members. However, I would not advise you to go out of your way to get know these members simply because I wouldn't want my sorors to be accused of engaging in activities with people who may be/will be potential candidates while under suspension. If you have any more questions, please feel to e-mail me.
Old 04-04-2001, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello!
My name is Berlinda Johnson, and I am a Junior, majoring in History, at Central State University. I am really interested in obtaining membership in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. However, the Central State University Undergraduate Chapter is declared inactive. As I have mentioned previously, I am really interested in seeking membership in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, especially before I graduate, however, I can not seem to get more avenues on how to reach my goal. If anyone could give me more insight on membership, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for you time.
Berlinda Johnson
Old 04-04-2001, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by berlindaj:
Hello!
My name is Berlinda Johnson, and I am a Junior, majoring in History, at Central State University. I am really interested in obtaining membership in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. However, the Central State University Undergraduate Chapter is declared inactive. As I have mentioned previously, I am really interested in seeking membership in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, especially before I graduate, however, I can not seem to get more avenues on how to reach my goal. If anyone could give me more insight on membership, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for you time.
Berlinda Johnson
Jus a small piece of advice: Maybe you should edit your post, I think you put out too much of your personal information.

Good Luck

Old 04-04-2001, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Discogoddess
Inactive and suspended are two different things. The first you can do something about by contacting the local graduate chapter and/or regional director (you will need to find this info on your own, through the official AKA web site or through your own personal contacts); the second you can do nothing about by wait until the suspension is lifted and the chapter is ready to resume taking new members. Contact the greek affairs/student affairs director at your school to find out definitively which state the chapter is in--inactive or suspended.
Old 04-05-2001, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OOHLALA:
Jus a small piece of advice: Maybe you should edit your post, I think you put out too much of your personal information.

Good Luck

LOL! Too late for that, LOL!

But I give this SF much props. I think that this is the FIRST time I've seen an old thread resurrected (sp?) to post a question. Kudos to you, Searchin' SistaFriend!

[This message has been edited by Ideal08 (edited April 05, 2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by OOHLALA:

Good Luck
I was thinking the exact same thing!
Old 04-05-2001, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Ideal08:
But I give this SF much props. I think that this is the FIRST time I've seen an old thread resurrected (sp?) to post a question. Kudos to you, Searchin' SistaFriend!

[This message has been edited by Ideal08 (edited April 05, 2001).]
SistaFriend is TRULY SEARCHIN'!

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!