GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,201
1 members and 1,200 guests
No Members online

Old 02-21-2015, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Perpetrators

Hello All,

I am new to this group.

How do you handle perpetrators of your organizations? I have been a member of Delta Sigma Theta for almost 20 years. There is an individual at my job who I suspect is perpetrating Delta Sigma Theta and I would like for her to stop. If you have any knowledge of any steps I might take, please let me know.

If this issue has already been posted...my apologies. I could not find a discussion using the search option.

D
Old 02-21-2015, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know about your group, but in mine I can check with our HQ to find out if a woman is an actual member. If that's possible in Delta, then I would do that and then let her know that you know.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Contact your local/chapter Sorors and set up a "social" to invite this woman to it.
OR
Have drinks after work with this woman and invite your sorors to meetup.
OR
Just ask her.

check your expulsion/suspensions list:
http://www.deltasigmatheta.org/membe...expulsion.html

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 02-22-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I have tried...

Thanks all. I checked the list and found nothing. I even called nationals but the information is confidential.

We work in the field of education. When I first met her, I knew something was not right with her claim that she was a Delta. First she was wearing a formal pin (not THE pin but a formal looking one) on a day that was insignificant to the organization. Later, other things made it glaringly obvious that she was NOT a Delta!!! She never spoke of a chapter of initiation or chapter she is financial with. She threw up a pinky on founders day. She has a DST sticker that is black and white! As a result, I never talked Delta business with her or acknowledged her as my Soror!!

This woman has an obvious "alternative lifestyle" so when she invited me for drinks months ago, I denied. I did not deny because she is lebian, I denied because I knew she was a perp and wondered what business it was of mine to go out drinking with her.

Soon after I realized that she had no teaching or educational degree but is managing our special educational department, I knew she was a fraud all around. I checked her out online wondered how she got a job managing special education. She is good "friends" with the principal. A while ago, She did some things wrong and I was vocal about it because her mistakes were legally binding. Now the woman knows that I know what is up so we are enemies. She is a fraud but She is at my throat. She has tried to get me fired and is still trying to damage me professionally. For that reason, I cannot have a civil conversation with her. I am trying to get a newly hired Soror to investigate for me however. Once I am able to speak to the newly hired Soror privately, hopefully I can find something out.

I just wish there was some way I could get access to a list or database. I hate that people perpetrate!!!! UGH!!!!

Last edited by Deidrapsych; 02-23-2015 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidrapsych View Post
Thanks all. I checked the list and found nothing. I even called nationals but the information is confidential.

We work in the field of education. When I first met her, I knew something was not right with her claim that she was a Delta. First she was wearing a formal pin (not THE pin but a formal looking one) on a day that was insignificant to the organization. Later, other things made it glaringly obvious that she was NOT a Delta!!! She never spoke of a chapter of initiation or chapter she is financial with. She threw up a pinky on founders day. She has a DST sticker that is black and white! As a result, I never talked Delta business with her or acknowledged her as my Soror!!

This woman has an obvious "alternative lifestyle" so when she invited me for drinks months ago, I denied. I did not deny because she is lebian, I denied because I knew she was a perp and wondered what business it was of mine to go out drinking with her.

Soon after I realized that she had no teaching or educational degree but is managing our special educational department, I knew she was a fraud all around. I checked her out online wondered how she got a job managing special education. She is good "friends" with the principal. A while ago, She did some things wrong and I was vocal about it because her mistakes were legally binding. Now the woman knows that I know what is up so we are enemies. She is a fraud but She is at my throat. She has tried to get me fired and is still trying to damage me professionally. For that reason, I cannot have a civil conversation with her. I am trying to get a newly hired Soror to investigate for me however. Once I am able to speak to the newly hired Soror privately, hopefully I can find something out.

I just wish there was some way I could get access to a list or database. I hate that people perpetrate!!!! UGH!!!!
Ummm....I think the real problem is that this woman is working as a special education teacher and does not have a teaching license or degree. Do you mean she has no degree or is her degree not in special education? What state or school do you work in that a principal can get someone a teaching job without teaching credentials? Are you at a private or charter school? I just cannot see that flying with a public school.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

My goodness, a lesbian who is a fake Delta and a fake teacher? Something smells fishy in this thread, and it isn't the alleged perp.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

SHE PROLLY A FAKE LESBIAN TOO!
Old 02-23-2015, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
SHE PROLLY A FAKE LESBIAN TOO!
All the best perps this season are fake lesbians.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

This is a real story

ALS463...Let me assure you that this story that I am telling is real and I am not exaggerating. I work in DC Public Schools and yes a principal can hire anyone they want to to serve as the manager of special education (LEA rep). Hiring a sped teacher is different. A sped teacher must have credentials and certification. An LEA rep can be anyone. DC has become a system of nepotism and due to gentrification...it has become a racist system also. They changed the criteria of the manager of special education (LEP rep) to someone who does not need a specific degree or certification. You can check behind me. Call human resources (202) 442-4090 and ask...if they answer the phone.

This woman has a degree but its not in education. She came in from a charter school and transferred to the public school due to her relationship with the principal.

Does this story sound fishy...heck yeah! Its very frustrating. Amiblue, Im not the fishy one. There is an actual perp (in many ways) at my job and your advice would be helpful...thanks.

Last edited by Deidrapsych; 02-24-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidrapsych View Post
ALS463...Let me assure you that this story that I am telling is real and I am not exaggerating. I work in DC Public Schools and yes a principal can hire anyone they want to to serve as the manager of special education (LEA rep). Hiring a sped teacher is different. A sped teacher must have credentials and certification. An LEA rep can be anyone. DC has become a system of nepotism and due to gentrification...it has become a racist system also. They changed the criteria of the manager of special education (LEP rep) to someone who does not need a specific degree or certification. You can check behind me. Call human resources (202) 442-4090 and ask...if they answer the phone.

This woman has a degree but its not in education. She came in from a charter school and transferred to the public school due to her relationship with the principal.

Does this story sound fishy...heck yeah! Its very frustrating. Amiblue, Im not the fishy one. There is an actual perp (in many ways) at my job and your advice would be helpful...thanks.
I used to work in the same school system and also dealt with a perp. I am not saying you should do what I did.

This chick was hired as a computer lab teacher. The way the position was coded, you didn't really have to be a teacher at all, but the cheap and unethical principal basically turned it into a "special" to give more planning time to the teachers. However, you were obviously placing students in care of a woman who was not a real teacher. I do not even think she had a degree.

So she claimed to be an AKA. I was like oh cool, you got plenty of sorors in the building. Then she got quiet. So I go to one of the other AKA teachers and say hey, such and such is a soror (I'm an Alpha).

Long story short, after a few more casual conversations and observing that the woman did not make any effort to know the other AKAs, it was widely concluded that she was lying.

In the interim, there was some other explosive drama with this woman that did not involve me, but did interfere with the school climate as a whole.

After she left that school, she went to another. I had business in the school with a fraternity brother and saw her there. The bro, the principal, saw that I had an immediate negative reaction to her. A conversation was held and she eventually was involuntarily transferred. Not BECAUSE of me, but because she had a poor reputation otherwise.

The moral: Perps never prosper. Once you're exposed as a liar it's downhill from there. I don't think it's your responsibility to report her to anyone else, but I do think that social, off the clock conversations need to be had with other sorors so that everyone is on the same page.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, this was pre-Michelle Rhee era. So a while ago.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Sens Revenge

Thanks Sens Revenge,

I am glad that someone out here knows that I am talking about. I know that what I described sounds like some "made up bull ish" but its off tha hook in DC!!!!! There are so many perps in DCPS. After 15 years in that system, I learned to watch my back and not take ANYONE at face value. Years ago, I had a bad experience with an Omega. I dont know if he was a perp or if he was "paper", but something was not right based on the bull ish he pulled with me! The Greek community is not as tight as it should be in DCPS. Just sayin!!!

I know a Soror who is is substitute at the school. She was just hired but only works here and there. The next time I see her, I am going to ask her to confirm the chapter of initiation of the perp, so I can do further research. At the end of the day, you are right, there is nothing I can do about it. If she no longer perps in the current school, she will just go somewhere else and perp.

All I can do is focus on my true Sorors and the business of my chapter. Thanks for listening. Its crazy out here!!!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Perps to our orgs do exist. Favors are done in school systems across the country for friends. There are even lesbians both real and fake.

What sounds craziest to me is that you create an account on a message board to address a problem dealing with your sorority. You really don't know who to talk to in your own sorority to handle this situation? This is the last place I'd go to find out how to handle a situation with a perp. I would keep that in house, so to speak.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Not Crazy

Um blue...I spoke to my Sorors and nationals and was told that the information was confidential. I went based on a recommendation of a Soror to get advice from you all. I have done that. Thanks and have a wonderful day!.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...interesting. We don't withhold that information. Our local officers can access the list of all members within our assigned zip code area. I can look right now and see everyone who is a member in the greater Birmingham, AL area. I assumed all groups had some similar capability for things like Founders Day invites and other information that needs to be sent to all members in the area.