GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,436
2 members and 1,434 guests
flamboyanttree, Kevin

Old 10-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Anonymous Student

UPDATE:
I went through formal recruitment this past weekend and was cut the first day due to my academics from high school.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-13-2014, 08:34 PM

What??? I thought the issue was that formal rush had already occurred and the colony was the only option available until next fall.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, my - we overlooked the obvious. Your HS GPA is all that the chapters have to go on, regardless of your age.

And I'm pretty confused as well about the timing, unless you mean you went through formal recruitment for the Pi Beta Phi colony?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-13-2014, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

There use to be a semi structured informal recruitment in January, hopefully if you are getting good grades at WSU, the sororities will only look at your WSU grades.
Good Luck
Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
What??? I thought the issue was that formal rush had already occurred and the colony was the only option available until next fall.
Yea, I did too...

Quote:
Hello! I'm a non traditional, 21-year-old freshman at my university this year. I moved the weekend before school started because I was still working a job back home and missed formal recruitment. I'm sure if I had gone to college straight out of high school (back in 2011) I would have never given sororities a second glance but, now that I'm older I really see the benefits of joining. My Grandma was a Kappa Alpha Theta (so I guess that makes me a legacy), however, Pi Beta Phi is colonizing this year at my campus and plan to hold their recruitment this October (since they didn't participate in formal)...
Unless, as AZTheta said, she's referring to the Pi Phi colonization recruitment process as "formal"..

@~/~~~~
Old 10-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Anonymous Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I'm sorry, Pi Phi's "formal recruitment" or their colonization process was this past weekend.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Anonymous Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Oh, my - we overlooked the obvious. Your HS GPA is all that the chapters have to go on, regardless of your age.
And yes, you hit it right on the nail. My cumulative GPA from high school was a 2.5, one of the big reasons why I waited to go to college until I was ready. I thought they'd be looking at my midterm grades which are great- not my D's and F's from three years ago.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, then. You have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and focus on getting awesome grades this semester. And working on the other stuff you've identified, too. Wishing you good luck. It's a steep climb, but if you put one foot in front of the other, you will move forward.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Anonymous Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
OK, then. You have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and focus on getting awesome grades this semester. And working on the other stuff you've identified, too. Wishing you good luck. It's a steep climb, but if you put one foot in front of the other, you will move forward.
Thank you so much! I was already working hard on my grades but this just motivated me even more! Lol