GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,523
1 members and 2,522 guests
No Members online
View Poll Results: Can child sexual abuse ever be justified?
Yes, especially when the child arouses the offender!!! 0 0%
Huh? WTF? Are you crazy? 12 100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry I AM SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS COMMENT!!! IDK WHERE TO PUT IT!!!

But let's get this straight when you get a post like this:

Quote:
The reason for this discussion is because, I have a cousin who just got out of prison for rape and sexual abuse to a minor. Now although he's family, I don't trust him around my grandson or children. I do worry when he wants to come and spend the night the night at my house. Should I worry about that or give him a second chance? Now let me say this, he's spent most of his life in prison.
MY PROBLEM THAT I HAVE IS THE RESPONSE CAN NEVER BE THIS!!!

Quote:
This is why the parents must make sure that their kids are raised up knowing their place. Some parents raised their children to think she's so cute. Allowing the child to sit up on strangers lap or kiss on strangers or even relatives. You see what some female children will do will sit up on people laps and twist all around in their laps. What they are doing is arousing the individual. But when something happens the law never take into account of what was happening that led to this sort of behavior.
And they are telling me I am not "saved" or a "Christian"....

I am sorry, but I am incapable for forgiving this mentality and if I have to go the Hell because it, then well, I am fine with that. I do not believe a God in Heaven can justify the ugly criminal behavior toward a child over a baby who just is inquisitive and the onus on the parents to discipline misconstrued "on-comings" by older youths or adults.

I do not care how much forgiveness God asks me to do for a felon. But that does NOT mean I have to interact on any level with that person beyond "hello" and "goodbye". I am not interested in placating. I am not interested in if it was a a family member of mine, giving unconditional love. When you violate a child like that, you now have conditions for my love... There is ZERO TOLERANCE, ZERO EXCUSE!!!

Now I have a response I gave to those comments made by this individual and they are harsh. But I speak for my Queens and Goddesses who have entrusted me to protect them so that they can heal from this horrid pain they endured at tiny babes. And I also speak for the millions of women who have been sexual violated. The fact is we all know this is about "power" not about sex, but the ability to express intimacy through sexual contact has been severely disrupted if not destroyed. And to merely reduce it to, parents need to control their arousing kids and I have to step around with intrepidity...

Well then... Blessed Are The Meek...

Your thoughts?

Ariafya LLC
Mental Zeal for Spirit & Well-Being
Within Unity There Is Strength

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 01-09-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-09-2009, 06:28 PM

I am pretty disgusted by that response. It is NEVER a child's fault.

I hope the person who posted that doesn't have kids or grandkids.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM
GC Member

Send a message via AIM to OneTimeSBX Send a message via Yahoo to OneTimeSBX
high five....

i dont care if its that child's father...once its done, i cannot ever forget that behavior and would be fooling myself to say i would be completely sure they changed...

my oldest daughters father made an extreme pass at my sister years ago, she was 12 or 13 at the time. from that moment on, he is on my shit-list PERMANANTLY. he will be coming home from prison next year, do you think im letting him around her? no.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
I am sorry, but I am incapable for forgiving this mentality and if I have to go the Hell because it, then well, I am fine with that. I do not believe a God in Heaven can justify the ugly criminal behavior toward a child over a baby who just is inquisitive and the onus on the parents to discipline misconstrued "on-comings" by older youths or adults.

I do not care how much forgiveness God asks me to do for a felon. But that does NOT mean I have to interact on any level with that person beyond "hello" and "goodbye". I am not interested in placating. I am not interested in if it was a a family member of mine, giving unconditional love. When you violate a child like that, you now have conditions for my love... There is ZERO TOLERANCE, ZERO EXCUSE!!!

Now I have a response I gave to those comments made by this individual and they are harsh. But I speak for my Queens and Goddesses who have entrusted me to protect them so that they can heal from this horrid pain they endured at tiny babes. And I also speak for the millions of women who have been sexual violated. The fact is we all know this is about "power" not about sex, but the ability to express intimacy through sexual contact has been severely disrupted if not destroyed. And to merely reduce it to, parents need to control their arousing kids and I have to step around with intrepidity...
You're absolutely right! People with that attitude are enablers for the sex offenders. You have to give your kids a chance over your family member who already got one and failed!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

wow......I cannot belive the poll...
Old 01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I am pretty disgusted by that response. It is NEVER a child's fault.

I hope the person who posted that doesn't have kids or grandkids.

I am screaming at the top of my lungs, because the &*(*@^%%* who said this lunacy is somebody's pastor and someone's church...

I do not know how to keep a straight face... I am so angry about this lunacy... A few of my FB friends are just and like wow, dude thinks he's a pastor???

Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't see where the second quoted comment negates the first. Nor do I see anything wrong with instructing a child on the proper ways to interact with adults -- that's what I interpreted the second quoted comment as saying, not that molestation is the child's fault.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
I don't see where the second quoted comment negates the first. Nor do I see anything wrong with instructing a child on the proper ways to interact with adults -- that's what I interpreted the second quoted comment as saying, not that molestation is the child's fault.
I think that if a person is aroused by a child bouncing in their laps, then they deserved to be committed.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAgirl18 View Post
I think that if a person is aroused by a child bouncing in their laps, then they deserved to be committed.
And I don't disagree with that, nor do I think the person quoted would.

I *also* believe that children should be instructed on proper interactions with adults. This could very well be a cultural thing, but where I'm from we were taught (and therefore teach our children) to avoid physical contact with unrelated people.

And if there is a family member who is "funny" (and we all know or have heard of an Uncle Chester) then the children are also instructed not to jump in his lap in the first place.

Nowhere am I saying that a child deserves it.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

And let me basically say that the person quoted was most likely doing what we're guilty of on GreekChat all the time -- answering a question that wasn't asked in the first place.

To me, the quotes have nothing to do with each other and don't need the histrionics.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am going to respond as calming as possibly as I can and ask you leave this thread because your educated opinion comment is foul to all those who have victimized by predators.

First, the fact that the child just behaves however, whenever, should NEVER have a sexual innuendo attached to it. A child does not have the child developmental discernment enough to make a choice to behave in any sexual manner. So that means that the older youth or adult misconstrued actions of a child.

When you have a lunatic sexually abusing a 4 y/o on CNN, it is NOT because the child came onto the adult...

Now, continue with your opinions here. But let me say, I hate you, period. Please, leave...

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 01-09-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
And let me basically say that the person quoted was most likely doing what we're guilty of on GreekChat all the time -- answering a question that wasn't asked in the first place.

To me, the quotes have nothing to do with each other and don't need the histrionics.
He responded to basic questions I asked. The original poster, which I gave the link to, and you can go to anytime you desire, asked how she should handle this, I gave her my opinion.

The second quote was to my opinion. After he said that parents need to control the sexual innuendoes of children toward older youths and adults is when it is inappropriate to those who are ordained under the cloth...

Now, continue on with asinine logic. I hate you, period.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
I am going to respond as calming as possibly as I can and ask you leave this thread because your educated opinion comment is foul to all those who have victimized by predators.

First, the fact that the child just behaves however, whenever, should NEVER have a sexual innuendo attached to it. A child does not have the child developmental discernment enough to make a choice to behave in any sexual manner. So that means that the older youth or adult misconstrued actions of a child.

When you have a lunatic sexually abusing a 4 y/o on CNN, it is NOT because the child came onto the adult...

Now, continue with your opinions here. But let me say, I don't forgive you and I hate you period. So get out.
Wow.

First, I find it sad that you have to bully someone out of a thread because they don't agree with you, but I also believe that it's par for the course for you. You are more than welcome to put me on ignore if you don't like my opinions. I would return the favor if I could.

You hate me period? Wow.

I'm going to keep commenting in this thread as long as I have an opinion about it and it doesn't have to be the same as yours, okay?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

It's more important that the parent teach the child what is inappropriate for an ADULT be doing to the child than anything and to tell the child that if and adult does things like that, no matter who the adult is or what the adult tells the child, that the child should tell the parent immediately.

I don't have kids, so its difficult to put myself into that position and maybe that makes my advice moot. But it is NEVER the fault of the child. We live in times, where not every adult we intereact with can be trusted. So take advantage of some states' programs that allow you to find out the names & addresses of sex offenders in your area.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaPezY60 View Post
It's more important that the parent teach the child what is inappropriate for an ADULT be doing to the child than anything and to tell the child that if and adult does things like that, no matter who the adult is or what the adult tells the child, that the child should tell the parent immediately.

I don't have kids, so its difficult to put myself into that position and maybe that makes my advice moot. But it is NEVER the fault of the child. We live in times, where not every adult we intereact with can be trusted. So take advantage of some states' programs that allow you to find out the names & addresses of sex offenders in your area.
co-sign