GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,385
1 members and 2,384 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-15-2004, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

APO - After College

I'm graduating either this winter or spring. How do I stay involved with APO, post graduation? Are there any alum chapters in APO? I haven't heard of any. If there are, I would like to start a city wide one, since my chapter is so small. What is "life membership"?

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2004, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I'm international right now!! You know how we do :)
Thumbs up And the Torch continues to burn...

*applause* for the Brother who is already thinking about APO post-graduation! Of course you can remain involved and stay active.

www.apo.org

Our national website has a list of all the Alumni Chapters. I'm trying to get into one myself.

Also, Life membership is only $50 up to a year after you graduate, so that is not a bad investment. Not only will you become a life member (you're a life member anyway since pledging APO is a life-time committment), it also means that you'll be recognized at all events our Organization holds and you get some other perks too.

I'm sure some other Brothers will have some ideas to add on this topic...
Old 07-15-2004, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
Life membership is $50 in undergrad and up to a yr after graduation. $100 after that...life membership shows your lifetime support and pledge to the fraternity. You get recognized as a life member and get a lifetime subscription to Torch & Trefoil and a lifemember pin.

We have alumni associations, they can be chapter wide or city wide. Chapter alumni associations are good to keep in touch with your brothers. City wide associations are good for keeping in touch with fraternal business and doing service. Beyond undergrad you still have other opportunities like attending sectionals, regionals, and Nationals (coming up this dec.) You can also hold positions on your sectional staff or be an advisor of your old chapter or another chapter.

Hope this helps...
Old 07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
Re: And the Torch continues to burn...

Quote:
Originally posted by I_Candee
*applause* for the Brother who is already thinking about APO post-graduation! Of course you can remain involved and stay active.
I'm sure some other Brothers will have some ideas to add on this topic...
I applaude you too!!! I_Candee we were typing at the same time...I guess great minds do think alike!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I'm international right now!! You know how we do :)
Yup!

LOL, I see you Frat!
Old 07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: APO - After College

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
I'm graduating either this winter or spring. How do I stay involved with APO, post graduation? Are there any alum chapters in APO? I haven't heard of any. If there are, I would like to start a city wide one, since my chapter is so small. What is "life membership"?
Yes, APO has alumni associations. They can be chapter-based or area-based. National website has a list of recognized associations. If one doesn't exist, help get one going in your area. Again, the National site gives you info on this.

Become a Life Member. Others have given the details. Application is on-line.

Consider becoming a Torch Bearer. These are people who annually give to APO's endowement. They get listed annually in the T&T.

Consider becoming an Alumni Volunteer. You can help out with chapters (or even be a sponsor for a new one), help out at Sectional level (Chair or staff), help out at Regional level (RD or staff), help out at National level (elected, chair a committee, be part of a subcommittee, be part of APO LEADS), or do a combination of any of these.

If you've graduated already, consider attending the National Volunteer Conference this August. Get way to get started as an alumni volunteer.
Section 71 Chair
Old 07-16-2004, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

APO Volunteer opportunities

FYI-

There is a document on the National Websites (go into publications) on Volunteer Opportunities. Its now in its 4th edition. Covers all the ways you can be involved in APO as a volunteer at different levels.

Again, seriously consider joining us at the National Volunteer Conference in August. $50, which includes hotel room and most of your meals. See the national website for full details.
Section 71 Chair