GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,486
2 members and 2,484 guests
John, Phrozen Sands

Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 3... continued

I walked confidentily to:

Serena van der Woodsen- Ok, so I got lead in and sat with a gorgeous girl. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED, but we got into a political conversation! I know that is a big no no here on GC, but it happened. It wasn't bad, however we did have opposing views. I finally decided to stop it before it that debate got to be intense. I believe I said something like "dude, this is exactily why I want to be in a sorority. You meet so many girls and learn so much. I mean, it's great that I believe ______, but if I dont listen to other people's side, I'll never grow." WOW, that worked pretty well if I might say so myself. We talked about other things too. That girl (lets call her Jessie--I do not think I came up with a psuedo name for her) I met Day 1 and L-O-V-E-D came and crouched down wear I was sitting and said hi. Her face was so excited to see me, and so was mine! When she left, the girl told me that Jessie told her so much about me. I was so excited! I told her that I had Jessie was so fun! Later, I talked to another active, the conversation went great! EVEN SHE TOLD ME that Jessie was talking about me non stop!!!!!! SO IN LOVE!

I walked out of Serena kind of scared. what if that mini political debate was the end of me???? I mean the active I talked to about politics was older in the house. It would only make sense that she had more influence over her chapter than Jessie. SO NERVOUS!!!!

Ryan Atwood- "why am I even here?"-- I got that feeling again as I stood outside with the stunning PNM's. The actives at Ryan were so amazing, so fun, so refreshing. But everytime I stood waiting outside the house for the recruitment party to begin with the PNM's that were invited back to Ryan, I felt out of place. Well, not so much out of place, but I felt myself pulling out my MAC compact to do touch up. These PNM's were gorgeous. I guess thats good, maybe that will make me a little more concious of my appearance (I am one of those girls that gets ready to go out to parties or events.... I don't really where make up to go to class or study). So maybe this house could help me always be presentable. But then I thought-- I don't need a sorority to make me feel out of place. I needed a sorority that would make me feel a part of them. Hope this makes sense. The doors opened and the party began. I got paired with this pretty cool girl. The active I met day 1 came to say hi to me. after about 20 minutes of great conversation, I could feel the recruitment party comming to a close. So she asked "Do you have any questions about recruitment or pref". Now, keep in mind, I talked to this girl for so long (the entire party!) We really clicked and we didnt talk about one recruitment thing. I really felt like I could be way honest with her. So I said "I love recruitment so far! everyday is so exciting. But.... theres this one house that keeps inviting me back.... Seth Cohen. I keep putting them at the bottom of my list, but they just keep making it onto my list. I am kind of confused by that." I continued to tell her about that one girl who deactivated and told me alot of the ritual and how I felt that ritual is so important and now I just felt like seth cohen wasnt special in my mind. The active just sat and nodded and then said "yah, we werent expecting so many girls to go through recruitment this year. So the computer program we are using is on overload". I left the house feeling happy. I got genuine advice.

Seth Cohen- I did not even know why I was here. I decided to just look disinterested in everything. I realize that they worked hard on their recruitment and should not have to tolerate a PNM to be so unclassy. But I had no classy idea how to tell them that I was not interested.

Marissa Cooper- I did the same thing here that I did at seth cohen. I already knew what my top 2 would be.

now to the ranking (2 number 1's)

1 Serena
1 Ryan

2 Marissa
3 Seth
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

That Night

I laid out my dress for recruitment.

Makeup...... check
Purse...... check
Heels...... check
Dress...... check

Sleeping sucked. In my head I thought:

What if that political conversation really messed me up at a chance at Serena?

I loved Jessie, but does she like me or is she faking it?

What if I have bags under my eyes since I am lying awake thinking about this.

I finally fell asleep and work up before my alarm even sounded. While I got ready I thought:

Should I prepare some questions to talk about? Should I have topics to talk about?

What should I talk about?

I literally have exhaused every good topic with Serena. The girls really knew a lot about me. I decided not to think of any topics or questions. If it was meant to be, then the conversation would flow.

I headed out the door and suddenly thought "DUDE WHAT IF SERENA'S NOT EVEN ON MY PREF LIST?!?!?!"

I was scarred to death.

I walked to our meeting place with so many twists in my stomach.

The Group Leaders were being so slow. They knew that a lot of girls were going to drop because their tops might not be on the list. They told us that if they saw us open the pieces of paper they were going to give us with our schedules, that they would take it away. They made a speech that basically told us NOT to talk to each other, this was supposed to be our own personal decision, they said to go to the houses no matter what and give them an equal chance FINALLY she passed out the pieces of paper.

I walked away from the group as instructed. My hand was holding my future. I KNEW if Ryan and Serena were on there, I would HAPPILY be in either organization. I did not walk to my normal 'lucky spot'. I just took deep breaths and then stared at the folded piece of paper.

I opened it and.....

Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

You are not funny! I keep checking for updates and then you lead me/us on like that. I can't stand it!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

*splorf!*

aprocess, you have a phenomenal sense of humor!

So...who was in the envelope?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CuriousWildcat Send a message via MSN to CuriousWildcat
I need to know! Im on the edge of my seat!

J2
ΣАІ
ΚΚΨ
University of Kentucky
Old 09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a bad feeling about Ryan.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, this is really not fair!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

gahhhhh... the anticipation is killing me!!! ...and I need more reasons to keep procrastinating
Old 09-09-2008, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Omg...I'm gonna die...
Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
ok, its official, you are evil.................LOL
Loved by a Zeta Psi
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megzamillion88 View Post
...and I need more reasons to keep procrastinating
hahaha... that it totally me as well. I really should be reading about the Chinese-Japanese portion of WWII.... but instead, I read recruitment stories.

Please update soon!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

AH you trickster!
Old 09-09-2008, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

My heart was pounding as I scrolled down!!! You are such a tease!

Old 09-09-2008, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
I have a bad feeling about Ryan.
I agree.. I just feel like it's.. idk, taboo or something to mention other houses, especially in a fashion like this. But regardless, I cannot believe you left us on a cliffhanger like this.. I NEED to know!!
Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 AM
GreekChat Member

lol lol lol!!! Give us the update.