GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,370
0 members and 2,370 guests
No Members online

Old 10-02-2005, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
My EX-boss was (is) an arse!

I gave my notice two weeks ago and this past Friday was my last day. For the last two weeks my boss only spoke to me one time--when we passed in the hallway.

On the day I gave notice my boss asked me to write procedures so the next person would have a good idea of what the job entailed and how to do it. I typed about 20+ pages of instruction for the person., plus wrapped all the projects I had in progress.

On Thursday morning I received an email that read "What is the status of your projects and procedure documentation? Please try to help me by going on out on a strong note"

WTF??? going out on a strong note--- what did he think I had been doing- the ass can't speak to me and then says that. His behavior over the two weeks was quickly driving me to tell him to phuck off and walk---- I had a job and I don't need his approval or reference. Beyond the inner voice telling me not to burn a bridge I was driven to wrap things up in a professional manner since I have a large bonus payout on the line.

So Friday arrives-- the ass didn't speak to me. How this man became CFO is beyond me-- his professionalism seriously lacks! He sent a coworker over to find out how things were going. I gave the controller the documentation of procedures and went to read them. An hour later he comes over and says "this is more detail than i need to fill in" I then had to explain that the notes were not written for a controller that had been there 20yrs-they were written for a new person who was not familiar with the desk. He understood then!

So 5pm arrives (yes i stayed all day) --- here comes the boss man--- I look up and said "oh you finally come over to see me" He said yes and said good luck. I thanked him for the opportunity and told him I learned alot there (like what i don't want in a company or coworkers)! Then I ask about the bonus check---- a friend of mine quit there last month, his bonus was mailed in one week. The boss tells me that I had to work until Jan 1 to receive it-- I said according to the bonus guidelines that is not true. He stared blankly at me. Then I tell him I am aware that so and so received his check w/in one week . Again blank look. He finally speaks ---- "we will attempt to be fair regarding that" WTF>>>> ATTEMPT TO BE FAIR!!!!

So I worked for him for one year and he never saw the bitch in me come out --well this jackass is going to meet her if the $$$ is not in the mail by the end of the week!

Its not like I got fired- I quit!! I am sure he is pissed because one year ago he paid a headhunter $10,000 for me-- well he should have done something to retain me---

Ughhhhh----- the things I want to say to him now-- screw professionalism!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-03-2005, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Oh, wow. Sorry you had to work with him! He sounds like a real a$$ and it's probably good enough that you won't ever have to take orders from him again, but yeah, I understand about wanting the check...you deserve it for having to take that crap and smile about it.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Re: My EX-boss was (is) an arse!

Did you ever meet with him during the course of your employment and discuss your requirements on what would satisfy you in that job?

The last time i asked for a raise I got more than I asked for. The last time I asked for toys, I got more than I needed.

*shrug*

Quote:
Originally posted by winnieb
I

Its not like I got fired- I quit!! I am sure he is pissed because one year ago he paid a headhunter $10,000 for me-- well he should have done something to retain me---

Ughhhhh----- the things I want to say to him now-- screw professionalism!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Re: Re: My EX-boss was (is) an arse!

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Did you ever meet with him during the course of your employment and discuss your requirements on what would satisfy you in that job?

The last time i asked for a raise I got more than I asked for. The last time I asked for toys, I got more than I needed.

*shrug*
Yup we did discuss it---- about 3 months ago. In January he knew I was frustrated, that was resolved (it was year end, my first 2 biggest projects were do w/ no guidance of what was expected.)
About 3 months we talked-- he knew I wasn't happy and we discussed why--he said he would do a better job in making sure he was available, and a bunch of other crap. He told me then that he really hoped I would stick around for years to come.
He knew that I was not happy there---I am much better off being away from there- now I just want my bonus check!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

You showed the best in you, if they didn't compesate you for your hard work, you have no reason to stick in a place that won't give incentives to their employees. Sooner or later they will downsize since an unhappy employee produces unhappy results.

Get information about the company policies, in case this a$$ gets difficult.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I work for an ass, so I feel your pain. However, are you sure about the bonus check? The other person who left may have had a different clause in their original offer that said they would get 'X' even if they left before Jan. 1. Most places you have to be working there on the day bonuses are paid to actually receive it. That's why so many people quit right after bonuses are paid.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just saying double check your offer letter and any paperwork you may have signed in regards to bonuses/leaving/termination.

Good luck!