GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,486
2 members and 1,484 guests
Titchou

Old 09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNM at FSU View Post
Update for those who are interested: I am LOVING life as a sister. FSU just had our largest recruitment ever and it was so much fun!! 1515 girls signed up and I wanted to talk to all of them! My chapter was the most successful we have ever been as we doubled our chapter with a quota plus (including the new upperclassmen quota) to add 84 new members . We had 83 sisters, and now we have over 160!!!! It's absolutely amazing and made me appreciate my school, my sisters, my life, my panhellenic sisters, and everyone in between just so much more

PH <3
I remembered your story from last year when the news was posted about Gamma Beta chapter's recruitment success. I'm so glad you're at home with Alpha Gam.....perhaps you'll want to change your GreekChat name, though, unless your initials really are PNM?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I am always glad to read an FSU thread! And happy to hear that AGD has such a terrific pledge class!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to PNM at FSU! I'm happy that you found a home. I just found this board this year, as my daughter started FSU. She decided against going through Recruitment at this time -- wanted to get settled into college life. Her very good friends' experiences with recruitment sounded just like yours back in 2010. One dropped out on Saturday, as she was disgusted with the whole process; got a call later and was offered a bid; decided she did like that group and accepted: short, a runner, quiet, sweet. Another stuck with it to the end, was offered a bid from one chapter, but ultimately declined, based on her experience of recruitment and what her ideas of sorority life and how it would fit into her college experience: short, funny, cute, outgoing, singer, busty. One got accepted at the sorority of her dreams -- the tall, blond, leggy, gorgeous girl. All of them had great recs, high GPAs, great "resumes." I'm a Greek, and so is my hubby. We saw all the young ladies hot-footing it to all the parties (and I mean this literally and figuratively, it was horrible during move-in day and I'm from Orlando!) After we moved our daughter into her room and were leaving, we were looking at the girls and saying, "yes, yes, yes, no, no, yes,no, no..." I haven't heard how many girls ultimately accepted bids, but it would be interesting to how many accepted bids, how many didn't receive any, how many delclined, etc. I don't think my daughter will go through recruitment next year -- and while I'm sad to say that my beautiful sister's pin wont be passed along to my daughter (I was a legacy), she has to do what's best for her. Who knows -- maybe I'll have a granddaughter one day who will need my pin!
Old 09-12-2011, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Quite Possibly NolesMom

your granddaughter could end up as your "sister". You just never know.

Whereas nobody in our family had rushed except my husband's mother so daughter went into recruitment finding out she was a DZ legacy the day before she rushed (due to health problems going on with grandparents is reason so late). She knew it was too late to complete the legacy form so went through rush with an open mind. When recruitment was done, she received a bid to her first choice - DZ! And she called her Grandma to let her know that the family legacy at the same sorority would continue!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, bluepink, that's amazing! Maybe it was for the best that your daughter didn't know she was a legacy after all. Might have made her nervous that she might not get in!

FSU's recruitment is so much bigger than my experience of the same. I pledged in 1983, at a very Greek-hostile campus. Just had a room in the student center, and back then, there weren't even dorms on campus.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepink View Post
your granddaughter could end up as your "sister". You just never know.

Whereas nobody in our family had rushed except my husband's mother so daughter went into recruitment finding out she was a DZ legacy the day before she rushed (due to health problems going on with grandparents is reason so late). She knew it was too late to complete the legacy form so went through rush with an open mind. When recruitment was done, she received a bid to her first choice - DZ! And she called her Grandma to let her know that the family legacy at the same sorority would continue!
LOVE that story (although I admit I am probably just a bit biased)!!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 PM

Wanted to bump this story, too.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I want to hear 2013 updates!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Me too, AnchorAlum.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Just found this thread and wish I had found it before. I will be sharing with my daughter that just finished rush week and accepted her bid yesterday.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

This is a great thread for FSU girls!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Let's bump this for 2015. I saw elsewhere that 2000 young women have signed up for rush this year.

Although it's been so, so many years, I will never forget my rush experience at FSU and will also never forget the heat. Oh, that heat.