GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Tau > Tau Kappa Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,401
4 members and 2,397 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 04-22-2002, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to StrokerTKE Send a message via Yahoo to StrokerTKE
venting

OK, so this past week was spring week here...our first on campus. Our pairing won the first two events last tuesday...the same day we were voted into IFC and found out we have the higest GPA on campus (2.97). So everything was goin great. Then saturday we won the bed race, but got a 10 second time penalty for one of the girls shoes falling off (they ripped in the middle of the race) so we got fourth. Micro bike race was just stupid, and nobody really did well with it...not exactly sure how we did. Anyway...the last event was the tandem race. Well...we were in third place when one of the other fraternities hit our bike and caused a wreck (won't say who). We think it might have been intentional b/c of the way the rider was acting before the race. Anyway, we ended up getting 6th with this fraternity at 4. Not only did they lie and tell us we had been lapped by them, but they stopped the race because one of the other fraternities bikes lost their chain (they ended up in 2nd, but would have been lapped at least twice had the race not been stopped). SO sweepstakes was tonight...we had high hopes because of how well we'd been doing and our participation. We get their and find out we got 2nd (by 15 points) which would have been first had a couple of the other pairings not cheated. AND in one of the other events we did not get credit for one of the guys showing up and participating (that was worth 20 points....first place by 5).

WHEW...i feel better.

Stroker
Gamma Rho 1242
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-23-2002, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Are you back ata school an active again stroker?
Old 04-25-2002, 02:57 AM
GreekChat Member

unfortunately not yet..car broke down while i was visitin for spring week. That means i get to stay an extra week or more while it gets fixed
Old 04-25-2002, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Well if you have mre acess to a pc while your there don't be a stranger I am sure you have missed alot in this forum while you were gone.
Old 04-26-2002, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

yeah...i'm kinda glad there are comp labs all over campus so i can get online pretty much whenever i want to. So, for the next few days i should be on pretty regularly
Old 04-26-2002, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Yeah! I'm glad you are back!

I know exactly how you feel about the whole points/placement process. I rode tandem every year so I was very involved in the weeks activities.

I also got so mad about the award for teamwork (I forgot what it was called) but you know- how well you worked with your pairing. Every year we had the strangest pairing - it wouldn't be XO & TKE - it would be like XO, Erikson Hall, The Sewing Club and a fraternity that had 5 members. But you know what - we would make it work every year and jam. We never once would win that teamwork award.

BUT- on a good note.... I am so excited for the ISU TKE's and how they are back on campus- we are already talking up homecoming plans so I better see your butt at the Chi O tent!

Sue
Old 04-28-2002, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

You should come to the TKE tent. Last homecoming we had the most ppl at our tent...that's including the non-greek tents. I've had people say they were freaked out cuz we were so new to campus but had like 100 tekes at our tent.

So stop by and ask for Stroker...any one of the actives should be able to point me out (or ask for creamer if i'm not there...he's my little brother, but don't ask how he got his nickname lol).
Old 04-30-2002, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
You are right- and besides, the Chi O tent won't have anything to er uh... quench my thirst... if you know what I mean! he he he!

Keep me posted on who you are paired with for homecoming!

Sue
Old 04-30-2002, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

lol...last year we went through 30 cases i think. It was awesome!

This year we're paired with Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Chi, and FIJI i think. Not the pairing we were hoping for, but hopefully we'll still do well.