GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,562
2 members and 1,560 guests
Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilxcutie88 View Post
gollliee..you dont have to be sooo mean about it. goddd...
girl is like 30, the rules probably changed.
Wow...she's OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLD.

How'd ya like that SWTXBelle??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-AlphaXi View Post
When/IF you register for recruitment at your new school ... you'll be asked "Have you ever been an initiated member of an NPC sorority?". Are you going to lie about that?? If so, how good a member would that make you??

yeah i know! thats why i really dont want to join another one. thats why its so hard to find schools with my sorority that have all the characteristics i want for my school.
i told my mom about that and she was like "does tell them you've never done one before" and i was like "well they ask you during rituals if u've been in one before..lieing would be like almost sending your soul to the devil, b.c thats how serious they take it"
Old 06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps this should be in NPC trivia, (except I am asking because I don't know the answer) but does anyone know when NPC passed the unanimous agreement that a woman may not be a member of more than one NPC sorority? Was it in 1902, and the only cases of dual membership would be between the older NPCs and the ones that joined in 1951? (Or people lying of course)
Old 06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
No, that'd be me. I'm in Hawaii -- so I'm the one in Asia.

Lilxcutie88, KSUViolet06 gave you your options. I'd listen to her and not what your mom's friend's daughter's roommate's 2nd cousin said.

the lady was in a sorority and did just that..turned her pin in and switched. thats why i am guessing that probably the rules have changed.

how do you start a new chapter at the school? maybe i could do that....
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
gollliee..you dont have to be sooo mean about it. goddd...
girl is like 30, the rules probably changed.
There are people older than that on here, and they will tell you, the rules have NOT changed.

Last edited by 33girl; 06-14-2007 at 04:11 PM. Reason: If I gave an actual age range, no one would back me up.
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
the lady was in a sorority and did just that..turned her pin in and switched. thats why i am guessing that probably the rules have changed.

Are we on Candid Camera? I mean, really???
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I'm tripping that this chick wants to go into COMMUNICATIONS...

Little girl, this is a messageboard for those who are in, alumni of, or are bound for college. Please make your posts reflect that level of education. You sound like a 12 year old in an AOL chatroom.
Alpha, be careful. I was on the receiving end of a most pleasant and eloquent PM from Lilmissxcutie88 bemoaning my evil post. Apparently she has a learning disability and therefore must be the reason she cannot spell or write using proper grammar.

Just be forewarned...

Old 06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

then i dont know what to tell you....
Old 06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:

Please don't.

Also, REE1993 -- just because someone has a learning disability does not give her carte blanche to cop an attitude with people who are trying their best to be patient with her. She's been given great advice and has been steered into the right direction, but apparently that's not good enough for her.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
Are we on Candid Camera? I mean, really???
DITY? is the GC equivalent of "is this Candid Camera?"
Old 06-14-2007, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Please don't.

Also, REE1993 -- just because someone has a learning disability does not give her carte blanche to cop an attitude with people who are trying their best to be patient with her. She's been given great advice and has been steered into the right direction, but apparently that's not good enough for her.
no no she told me that i'm writing like a 12 yr b/c of my grammar skills and she was making fun of the major that i have chosen Communications.
I got really really really offended by that.
my learning disbalility has nothing to do with the way i'm acting.
i've taken the advice...if i go to a different school that doesnt have my sorority then i think i might try to start one. i just have to figure out how you do that. it just made my more sense to me just to go to one that has mine if you know what i've mean. i've only been in it for a semester so i would like to continue with it.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
if i go to a different school that doesnt have my sorority then i think i might try to start one. i just have to figure out how you do that. it just made my more sense to me just to go to one that has mine if you know what i've mean. i've only been in it for a semester so i would like to continue with it.
Are you thinking about starting up a chapter of Tri Sigma or starting a brand new sorority on your own?

Both entail two very different processes and require lots of hard work. It sounds easy, but it isn't.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe you'll listen to me...or maybe you'll go find someone who will give you the answer you want to hear. Either way, I'm going to try to be nice (which is hard) and help you out.

1. You need to PM KSUViolet06. She is a tri sigma alum, a national volunteer and can help you as a sister.

2. The long and short of the matter is, you need to put your education in front of your sisterhood. If that means transferring to a school without a chapter then it's what you have to do. If you need a group of women to belong to at your new school, live in an all-women's dorm, join a knitting group or volunteer for the girl scouts.

3. Sure-you can disaffiliate, but you still can't join another NPC sorority. Maybe your new school has a local sorority that will want you. It's your only choice to become an active sister at a school without Tri Sigma. And there's no guarantee that they'll take you either.

4. A lot of women find that going alum is very rewarding. You can get involved with your local AA and meet more sisters.

5. You've got what, 3 years left of college? If you love Tri Sigma as you claim to, you can still stay a sister and be involved even if you're not active anymore. There are hundreds of other clubs you can get involved with at college. I had just as much fun with my taekwondo club friends as I did with my sisters-more in some cases.

6. The NPC unanimous agreement is not bullshit or 'gay'. Please don't use the word gay to describe something you find stupid. It's offensive, especially to me because my big is actually gay and I love her with all my heart.

Have you considered the University of South California for media studies? Also, what about Marist College in NY State? They have your major and a tri sigma chapter.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Last edited by AlexMack; 06-14-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Personally, i think its really stupid that if you transfer to a different school that doesnt have ur sorority you cant rush another one. Its not like were going to tell the new sorority all of the secrets of the old one we were in. In fact why would anyone care to anyways? its really pointless. I think it should be allowed just as long as you really dont tell other people you were once part of another sorority or talk about the other sorority in general.

I am trying to transfer to a new school, but unfortunatly (with out knowning) my sorority doesnt like to colonize chapters at BIG schools which is what i am aimin to transfer to. So now basically, i have VERY limited choices of where i can transfer to and its down right not fair. I love being in a sorority, and i would never want to leave one, but i think its gay that i now cant join a new one. I was actually just thinking of not telling anyone and just go through rush again.

and if people in ur sorority are going to disown you because u went to a new one, then they are very low people, and they dont qualify as a true friend.

ok i vented my fustration

Um, WoW! How disgraceful that you would consider betraying your organization like that.

Seriously, refer back to your membership manual, ask your VP-Rit if you can see the rit book.....seriously, girl. Remember the vows you took.

MEMBERSHIP IN A SORORITY, FRATERNITY, SERVICE ORG, WHATEVER GREEK ORG IS FOR LIFE. Not until you need to transfer and your org isn't there.

I'm sorry that you think the rule is 'gay'. I pitty the org that took you.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if you're at JMU now, but there's a Sigma chapter there. There are also some wonderful schools in NC with Sigma chapters. All have communications programs.