GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,731
0 members and 1,731 guests
No Members online

Old 03-02-2008, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment at Baylor University?

I go to Baylor University, where there is only one time a PNM can rush(deferred in the Spring). I am interested in rushing, but my problem is by next year I will already be a junior, so I don't know if it is too late for me. I never rushed before for a number of reasons, but with each passing day I seem to regret that decisision more & more. Can anyone telll me what the likelihood of getting a bid from a sorority at Baylor would be with my junior status? I know of 2 juniors who pledged this past spring, but they might've been legacies (which I'm not), I'm not sure
Old 03-02-2008, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela5178 View Post
I go to Baylor University, where there is only one time a PNM can rush(deferred in the Spring). I am interested in rushing, but my problem is by next year I will already be a junior, so I don't know if it is too late for me. I never rushed before for a number of reasons, but with each passing day I seem to regret that decisision more & more. Can anyone telll me what the likelihood of getting a bid from a sorority at Baylor would be with my junior status? I know of 2 juniors who pledged this past spring, but they might've been legacies (which I'm not), I'm not sure
If you are looking for a statistician to come on here and tell you that you have a 40% or whatever % chance of getting a bid, I can almost guarantee you that you won't find it.

All we can say it get recs, and use this next couple of semesters as an opportunity to get to know as many sorority women as you can and keep your grades up. Baylor is a great school with outstanding chapters. Also, if you do decide to rush next Spring, keep in mind you may get cut hard in the beginning because of your school standing... don't take it personally and don't drop out. Keep going till the end of recruitment.

It also couldn't hurt to go to the Greek Life office to see if any groups may be COR'ing to make up for graduating seniors.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

At Baylor, juniors are bid-matched separately. They do not count in the regular quota....there is a separate quota for juniors. But still there is no way of saying what your chances are. It depends on so many factors....just like freshman or sophomores.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I know of several juniors who have received bids to various chapters at Baylor. Just get prepared and go through recruitment. Follow the usual advice for PNMs - juniors have a much greater chance of getting a bid at Baylor than at other schools in the state.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

thanks very much for all of your input, I really do appreciate it!

LOVEinZTA- I happened across your recruitment story just now & let me just say how great it was to get such an in-depth picture of the baylor recruitment process! It really helped me to get a general idea of what I could be in for next Spring, which I'm sure will help me to prepare for my own experience. If anyone else has any stories about Baylor recruitment please share!
Old 03-10-2008, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

at baylor, juniors do not count against quota, so going through rush with junior hours is MUCH better than going through rush as a sophomore. go for it!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

My advice? Get recommendations together for every chapter. Even the ones you might not be interested in now. You might fall in love with one of those during rush.

Also, start asking your family and friends if they were members of anything. (I had a "surprise! you're a ___ legacy from your half-sister" moment over Christmas...which was a little late.) Recs are important at BU no matter what the recruitment info booklet says, and personal recommendations are always a nice touch.

Since you're a junior, you might also start letting your friends who are already in sororities know that you plan to rush as well. They might be able to give good advice, too.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:27 AM
GreekChat Member

This thread has been super-helpful. I just finished my first year at Baylor and thought that I would be rushing as a sophomore. However, I just found out that although my degree plan requires me to stay at Baylor for four years, my AP credits will make me a junior by recruitment time. I was beginning to get extremely nervous about my chances at getting into a sorority, but this really put my mind at ease.
On a side note...how did recruitment go for you Angela?
Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 AM

Also, I'd check with Baylor and see whether they are using the junior quota this year. I know that there are schools have used it one year and for whatever reason decided to forgo it the next.

Lakers Nation.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I did, and luckily, there will be no quota for juniors again this year.