GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 940
1 members and 939 guests
Titchou

Old 03-20-2003, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LindyLindy
name tags

I need some ideas for name tags during rush. Any ideas?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-20-2003, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you talking about name tags for the sisters? Don't go overboard with decorations, the most important thing is that the name is clearly visible!! When I rushed a couple of months ago, I don't remember anything about the name tags, I just remember that I looked at them often to remember names! Oh, I do remember one thing...at one house that I attended pref at, they wore white dresses, and their name tags were on black construction paper...unfortunately, it started pouring on our way over to the house, and they had to stand outside in the rain to welcome us...one girl's nametag bled onto her white dress...sad!

Sarah
Old 03-21-2003, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter always ordered these brass nametags that had our crest on them and the members name in black. Not engraved, but they sort of looked engraved. Does that make sense? They could then be used for the entire rush week and for other events like founders day or parents weekend or other times when there were a lot of visitors or alums in the house. They look very classy--nicer than something homemade--and they hold up well. I still have mine and it's been... well, it's been a long time since I was an undergrad! The chapters still does this and they only have to order new tags for the new members (and people who lost theirs) every year. I think the name tags cost us about $10 each.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GammaPhiBabe
Our chapter always ordered these brass nametags that had our crest on them and the members name in black. Not engraved, but they sort of looked engraved. Does that make sense? They could then be used for the entire rush week and for other events like founders day or parents weekend or other times when there were a lot of visitors or alums in the house. They look very classy--nicer than something homemade--and they hold up well. I still have mine and it's been... well, it's been a long time since I was an undergrad! The chapters still does this and they only have to order new tags for the new members (and people who lost theirs) every year. I think the name tags cost us about $10 each.
Someone else posted on here about having these nametags...considering the amount of $$ and time you save, I think it's a great idea.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooh, yeah, I just remembered that one of the chapters had nametags like that....very classy!

Sarah
Old 03-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by GammaPhiBabe
Where do you get these nametags? Or are they only available through your National? They sound lovely!

honeychile
Old 03-21-2003, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I know we didn't get them from International HQ, but I've been alum for so long now that I can't remember exactly where they came from. I don't think it would be hard to find them, though. Any place that does stuff like corporate badges/nametags would be able to get them for you. If I find out where they came from, I'll post the info.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Plastic engraved nametags can be purchased by special order from places like Staples office store, key shops, and trophy places. You only have to give them your artwork and what you want them to say.

.....Kelly
Old 03-24-2003, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Name tags

Quote:
Originally posted by navane
Plastic engraved nametags can be purchased by special order from places like Staples office store, key shops, and trophy places. You only have to give them your artwork and what you want them to say.
My fraternity's National office makes available plastic engraved nametags. Blue plastic (one of our colors) with our coat of arms with our name along the bottom. You can get 1, 2, 3 lines engraved. 2 line nametags are $5. I have several with stiff like my name with my chapter, or volunteer positions in the fraternity. My chapter have several with office title and chapter name. This is similiar to what you can get at office supply/trophy shops. Look around also at what they offer to attach the nametag to your clothes. Oldstyle name tags use pins, newer ones have a magnetic strip!

If your Fraternity/Sorority doesn't offer something like this thru your National store, maybe you should recommend it.

A greek store run by a Brother makes available laser engraved wooden nametags that includes our coat of arms. More expensive, running around $20-25 each.

Hope this helps.
Section 71 Chair
Old 03-24-2003, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

We got them cheap from the campus copy shop...one color (burgandy) with heart desgin on it, and name. They were less than $5 each.

I would advise you NOT to get the black ones with white writing otherwise they look like Walmart nametags.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MSSTCY1
We have had really pretty silver engraved nametags for a few years now. you can get them ANYWHERE. We paid $3 each for them and thought that, that was too much. They have really made a good impression during rush, we always get lots of compliments from rushees on them!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

name tags

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphigal
We got them cheap from the campus copy shop...one color (burgandy) with heart desgin on it, and name. They were less than $5 each.

I would advise you NOT to get the black ones with white writing otherwise they look like Walmart nametags.
Ideally, you should get name tags that have more then just your name on them, such as your crest/coat of arms/logo or the like. Should be do-able for about $5.
Section 71 Chair
Old 03-25-2003, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to oceanphi01
We usually have our nametages go along with our themes for the nights. Say, for instance, that we had an islandy theme. Our nametags would be palm trees or flowers or something like that.

Green, green the ivy twines...
Old 03-26-2003, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
last year, we had black name tags with our names in silver. . .and there was a rose on the end

i kept mine even though we weren't supposed to