GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,369
0 members and 1,369 guests
No Members online

Old 08-08-2012, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!

Good luck to all the PNMs and Moms! Went through this last year with my DD and it was a roller coaster of emotions! She (and vicariously I ) had both good days and bad days, but ended up with a great ending! Can't wait to hear your stories. The greatest piece of advice I received last year was to just be careful how you much you post of what you daughter is going through until recruitment is completely over. You really never know who is reading the boards.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 PM

Can't believe recruitment season is underway! It really snuck up on me this year.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by future pnmmom View Post
So are there 4 of us with daughters going through? TN VOL,TNAuburnMom and rahAU5 and me? Good luck to all the girls-I think they are in selections now!
Five! My daughter is going through recruitment too. She texted me that she is "having a blast!". Good luck to all the girls in the coming days.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

I'm so excited for y'all! Warrrrr EAGLE!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter had a hard time coming up with five to put at the bottom as well. Right now, she is not sure she could even narrow it down to five favorites because almost all parties have been so enjoyable. She said she had no idea why people thought this was stressful because she is having so much fun. She is tired and took a nap this afternoon. Who knows what tomorrow's list will bring but, for now, she is happy.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, honestly, it's the cuts that make recruitment stressful. I hope for everyone that no one connected with the thread has to worry about getting cut and that they get invited back to their top groups and have the perfect rush.

But for other people: since so many of the girls at SEC chapters are great rushers, every PNM thinks she fits well with every group that she likes. When the second round invites come out and you weren't invited back to some chapters you felt like you liked and that you thought liked you, then you may start to second guess everything that happens for the rest of the process and that sucks out a lot of the fun.

If this happens to your PNM, maybe try to remind her about how some groups have to release a ton of girls after each round and that her releases probably aren't as personal as they feel. Hang in their and she'll likely get a great group in the end!
Old 08-08-2012, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Some girls were finding going to the parties and talking to the actives stressful. That is the part my daughter was saying was so much fun and not stressful at all because the girls have gone out of their way to make her feel at ease. I am sure the cuts will be stressful for everyone.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think we typically see as many comments here about girls unhappy with their results from Auburn during the process, so I probably didn't need to seem so gloom and doom about cuts.

I think Auburn has a little better true panhellenic spirit and cohesive Greek system, so it's truly easy for girl to find a place to be happy in any chapter.

But if pnms are stressed out by going to 1st round parties even after attending a few, I wonder if they will make it through the whole process. The parties are the fun part!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Cuts are seldom that a group does not want you - just that they are only allowed so many invites and your name wasn't reached before the slots were filled.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
I honestly hope everyone on greekchat has all the chapters they desire each round. But if you find yourself with less than the maximum number of parties to attend, may I offer just bit of advice. Don't get stressed out if you don't have a full party schedule for all of the rounds. You will have more time to rest than those with full schedules. And rest is something you just can't get enough of during recruitment week! You'll be more refreshed and alert at the parties you have on your schedule. Take time to seriously consider those chapters you do still have on your schedule. Even if you weren't too impressed in earlier rounds, recruitment is designed so that with each subsequent round the chapter has a greater opportunity to make a stronger connection with you. And you have a greater opportunity to make a more lasting impression on the sisters of the chapter. The parties get longer and the conversations go to a deeper level. The chapters you DO have on your schedule want to get to know you better. They had some 1200 PNMs to choose from and they chose YOU. Don't let yourself be brought down by the chapters that are not on your schedule. Instead let yourself be lifted by those chapters on your schedule who want to get to know more about YOU!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
I think Auburn has a little better true panhellenic spirit and cohesive Greek system, so it's truly easy for girl to find a place to be happy in any chapter.
If this is the case, could it be due to the way chapters are housed at Auburn? Essentially one giant Panhellenic residence hall.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Actually it's THREE giant Panhellenic residence halls. And I do think this is the case. When I was in school at Auburn a decade ago (Lord, has it been that long?!?), sororities were still on the Hill and there were only 1 or 2 chapters per building. I think the new living arrangements are more conducive to a more Panhellenicly-minded campus.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

TNAuburnMom my daughter has said the same thing about the chapters. She had a hard time ranking 5 at the bottom. These girls must really know how to recruit! There were a few that stood out for my daughter, but as a whole she will be happy to go back to any of the sororities. I am glad she is happy now...I know that the tough day could be today or the next round of cuts.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Pictures from Day 2:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
Old 08-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

...aaaand, like 40 years ago...the computer broke! The invitations will be 1-2 hours late.