GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,642
2 members and 1,640 guests
Sarak24034

Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

What an absolutely wonderful evening. Two and a half hours of wonderful conversation about everything from school to work to kids to a very deep philosophical discussion about relationships. A couple beers, a little food and some amazing kisses. Geekboy may have redeemed himself. At the end of the date he said "Maybe next week?" and I said "So we're talking April?", because the last time he said "Maybe next week?" was in December. We both laughed. He said he wasn't going to let it go that long again. I did tell him that his name in my phone is Dodger and he shook his head and laughed. I asked later if that bothered him and he laughed and said no, it could be much worse.

Very, very, very good date. I wasn't really expecting that.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Look at you all twitterpated.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 02-18-2012, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

He just really surprised me in many ways... he is very insightful, very thoughtful, very observant. The conversations were great. He also seemed better looking than he was last time. He has the most incredible blue eyes. Oh dear.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
This is a lot of nonsense, LOL.
It's a lot of truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
It seems he hasn't caught on that vulgarity isn't really appreciated around here.
It seems that you still haven't caught on to me not giving a shit. If you don't like the way I post, then don't read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Someone pissed in your mouthwash and took a shit in your toothpaste this morning. I will try to make sense of whatever the hell you are ranting about.

CTFU!! sometimes it feels that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Being a deadbeat parent (father or mother) is not the same thing as literally/intentionally and legally being a sperm donor or egg donor.
Being a deadbeat parent (father or mother) is not the same thing as a parent (father or mother) who wants to legally waive the other parent’s rights. The latter can also be a loser move unless done for reasons such as emotional and physical abuse. If it is something simple like the parent is getting married and wants the new spouse to legally adopt the child, that can work out in a Curious Case of Benjamin Button kind of way. Otherwise, I think the birth parent should contribute emotionally and financially to a child’s life.

I would never date a man if I knew that he consensually copulated with a woman, a child was conceived, and he knows he has children in the world whom he does not take care of.
That's all good, but my argument is based on what KSUViolet and Muchkin said. In reality, dude does not have to deal with, or is connected to the kid or the mother for the rest of his life. What they posted is not the way it is in all cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Oh look. The butt-hurtedness is back. I knew it was too good to last.
If you're going to talk shit, talk shit to me. Being passive aggressive makes you look soft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Why are you so angry? Is it because your dad wasn't involved in your life? I mean, I'm sorry that happened to you, it's just that I'm asking because when this topic was brought up you exploded.
Kind of. It’s kind of a touchy subject for me. But the other part of that is still based on what I was saying earlier. Just because you have a kid does not mean you are bound to that kid for the rest of your life, like they seem to believe. It’s not even a realistic way of thinking, because life just doesn’t always work like that. Being involved, “dealing” with, “connected” to, or “bound” to that kid is a choice and decision that folks make. This is just my opinion on shit, but when a dude is raised without his dad, and grows up hearing his mom talk shit about his dad, it kind of has a long-term affect on dude’s future. After awhile, you just get tired of hearing the shit. That’s why I was feeling what some of the things you and Dr. Phil were saying and why I said most of it hit home with me. Like I said before, I personally really don’t give a fuck where he is or if he decided he wanted to come back into my life, because at almost 30 years old, why should I? You can have your own opinion on shit or about parent/kid relationships, but that’s my view and I’m not going to change my thoughts on that, so don’t try to dissuade me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
What an absolutely wonderful evening. Two and a half hours of wonderful conversation about everything from school to work to kids to a very deep philosophical discussion about relationships. A couple beers, a little food and some amazing kisses. Geekboy may have redeemed himself. At the end of the date he said "Maybe next week?" and I said "So we're talking April?", because the last time he said "Maybe next week?" was in December. We both laughed. He said he wasn't going to let it go that long again. I did tell him that his name in my phone is Dodger and he shook his head and laughed. I asked later if that bothered him and he laughed and said no, it could be much worse.

Very, very, very good date. I wasn't really expecting that.
This is good shit. I hope it works out for you and dude.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
If you're going to talk shit, talk shit to me. Being passive aggressive makes you look soft.
If you think that's "talking shit," you're the one who's soft.

Fine. I'll talk to you. No, what M and K posted is NOT true in all cases (other than biologically). However, this is the RANDOM thread. Nothing here is a blanket statement that applies to all cases. There are nearly always information and details missing and the thoughts posted are all out of context because it's the RANDOM thread.

Stop being so damn sensitive about everything. You wear your insecurities and subsequent feelings out in the open and they need to be shoved back in. I don't say that because I don't care that you've been hurt--you obviously have and if your father is what you say he is then that really does suck and I'm sorry that happened to you because a child deserves better. HOWEVER, you've obviously got a lot of buttons and none of us could possibly know where they are because we don't know you. I don't post to you because you constantly lash out over your hurt feelings that no one knows anything about. If someone touches one of your buttons, you could at least attempt to remember they didn't personally attack you and that username is not the person who did it to you.

Now go have a shot of rum and ask "Brandi" to rub your back or something. Ooh child, things are gonna get easier. #hg

Old 02-18-2012, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Look at you all twitterpated.
LOVE this word!

Glad you had a wonderful time, Dee!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's all good, but my argument is based on what KSUViolet and Munchkin said. In reality, dude does not have to deal with, or is connected to the kid or the mother for the rest of his life. What they posted is not the way it is in all cases.
Please show me where I said it was true in all cases--because I didn't. I know that there are deadbeat dads out there; they're simply not in my universe. So, obviously I wasn't talking about them.

All I said was a short--random, even!--line somewhat related to what's going on in my family right now. A lot of people think that, when their kid turns 18 or something, that they'll never have anything to do with their ex again. Everything that's going on has reminded me how you're always connected to that person. Even if you disappear--that connection is still there.

I really didn't think a ton of qualifications were necessary. But, if you want to get all crumply about a general statement someone on the internet made, have at it!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Mr. KDR is coming over today to spend the weekend. I just want to make sure I get a nap in before he arrives.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If someone touches one of your buttons
This made me giggle.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Kind of. It’s kind of a touchy subject for me. But the other part of that is still based on what I was saying earlier. Just because you have a kid does not mean you are bound to that kid for the rest of your life, like they seem to believe. It’s not even a realistic way of thinking, because life just doesn’t always work like that. Being involved, “dealing” with, “connected” to, or “bound” to that kid is a choice and decision that folks make. This is just my opinion on shit, but when a dude is raised without his dad, and grows up hearing his mom talk shit about his dad, it kind of has a long-term affect on dude’s future. After awhile, you just get tired of hearing the shit. That’s why I was feeling what some of the things you and Dr. Phil were saying and why I said most of it hit home with me. Like I said before, I personally really don’t give a fuck where he is or if he decided he wanted to come back into my life, because at almost 30 years old, why should I? You can have your own opinion on shit or about parent/kid relationships, but that’s my view and I’m not going to change my thoughts on that, so don’t try to dissuade me.
No, I wouldn’t try to change your views if that’s something you feel strongly about. Unfortunately, your family is not optional. You don’t get to choose who these people are. I mean, I know there are some families that are dysfunctional, but only you can allow members of your family to shape you or not, that’s your choice, not theirs. It's just that how you are and how you act will dictate how other positive people see you, and whether your life works or doesn’t. I mean, it's just that knowing yourself, being honest about what you need to fix (I mean, let’s be honest, we all have some rough areas that need sanding) as well as appreciating the attractive features of who you are will have a huge impact on your mind-set which I believe will change your attitude. You are responsible for your own attitude and life, so try to stop blaming your father.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you think that's "talking shit," you're the one who's soft.
Talking shit is talking shit, to me. Being passive aggressive is being soft. I don't play the passive aggressive game. If I see it, I'll call you out on it. Like I said, if you have something you want to post to me, do it, but post it TO me, or don't say shit at all.

Quote:
However, this is the RANDOM thread. Nothing here is a blanket statement that applies to all cases. There are nearly always information and details missing and the thoughts posted are all out of context because it's the RANDOM thread.
Exactly, and I can "radomly" respond to those "blanket statements". How many times have folks posted random shit, and folks replied missing info or not? Don't single me out. If you post some shit, and I want to respond, I don't care if all your "ts" are crossed twice, I'm going to respond accordingly.

Quote:
Stop being so damn sensitive about everything.
LOL @ this ironic shit. You're one of the main mofos not chatting with folks who somehow pissed you off and for a minute, was about to throw me in the mix, and then gonna turn around a call me out on being sensitive. LOL!

Quote:
You wear your insecurities and subsequent feelings out in the open and they need to be shoved back in. I don't say that because I don't care that you've been hurt--you obviously have and if your father is what you say he is then that really does suck and I'm sorry that happened to you because a child deserves better. HOWEVER, you've obviously got a lot of buttons and none of us could possibly know where they are because we don't know you. I don't post to you because you constantly lash out over your hurt feelings that no one knows anything about. If someone touches one of your buttons, you could at least attempt to remember they didn't personally attack you and that username is not the person who did it to you.
Everybody has those "buttons" including you, whether you choose to respond if somebody pushes your buttons is on you. I've seen usernames go off on other usernames for making a "random" post, buttons got pushed and folks went off. LOL and you were one of the main mofos on here backing shit up.

Quote:
Please show me where I said it was true in all cases--because I didn't.
I was responding to your original post.

Quote:
I really didn't think a ton of qualifications were necessary. But, if you want to get all crumply about a general statement someone on the internet made, have at it!
A ton of qualifications are never necessary when posting a random post, or any post for that matter. But since when has that ever stopped anybody from responding to the post? You should be the last person talking shit about somebody getting all "crumply" about a general statement somebody made on the internet. My frat also made a general statement, just like you did, and you got all "crumply" to him and turned around can called him a "pompous ass". Funny thing, he wasn't getting all bent ouf shape with you. Before you check me about checking you on your "general statement", go back and read some of you own "crumply" shit you posted. What's good for your black ass to post is also good for me, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
You are responsible for your own attitude and life, so try to stop blaming your father.
Thanks for that, Cheerful, and I feel what you're saying, but this is easy to say when you yourself haven't been in that situation, unless you have. I don't know, maybe you have. I'm not blaming dude, but that shit does have a long-term affect on folks, believe it or not.

Last edited by Cen1aur 1963; 02-20-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Exactly, and I can "radomly" respond to those "blanket statements". How many times have folks posted random shit, and folks replied missing info or not? Don't single me out.
No one is singling you out--when others have done this, I've made the same comments to them but you weren't here for those times.
Quote:
If you post some shit, and I want to respond, I don't care if all your "ts" are crossed twice, I'm going to respond accordingly.
Fine. Don't get mad when someone comes back and tells you your response is way off-base because you were missing info and purposely refused to clarify.
Quote:
LOL @ this ironic shit. You're one of the main mofos not chatting with folks who somehow pissed you off and for a minute, was about to throw me in the mix, and then gonna turn around a call me out on being sensitive. LOL!
You have no idea how many users I do and don't chat with or why. Ha, as if randomly cussing someone out and personally insulting them is better. Like I said, I don't ignore you because I'm mad at you. I ignore you because there has yet to be a conversation we see eye-to-eye on that doesn't also make you explode irrationally. When you stop that foolishness, you're likable and funny but the whole landmine vibe cancels that out for me.

Quote:
Everybody has those "buttons" including you, whether you choose to respond if somebody pushes your buttons is on you.
EXACTLY. I think it's better to not respond to a touchy topic unless I can be level-headed enough to not rip off someone's cyber-head when I get a response. I don't pretend it never happens but I make an honest effort and follow through the vast majority of the time. That is the difference between us.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks for that, Cheerful, and I feel what you're saying, but this is easy to say when you yourself haven't been in that situation, unless you have. I don't know, maybe you have. I'm not blaming dude, but that shit does have a long-term affect on folks, believe it or not.
True, I can’t say that I’ve been in your shoes. And no, I don’t know what it’s like to grow up without both parents. I mean, I had a very close relationship with my dad. When he got sick, I had to sit out of school for awhile, hoping he would get better, plus I wanted to be there for my mom. He never did get better. He passed away, and when that happened, I can’t even describe what that did to me, and how I felt for so long. I became very negative, I didn’t want to go back to school, I really didn’t want to do anything. I just felt like what’s the point if he’s not here to see me succeed?

Long story short, I got myself together, eventually finished college, and went on and graduated from vet school to become a vet. As for the rest of my life, well, I rebuilt it one brick at a time. As I sorted through the rubble that resulted from that, I found some things that needed to be thrown away and others worthy of keeping. I just felt that I needed to let him go in order to grow and move on. Of course, the pain is always going to be there, and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think about him, but what I’m saying to you is that when everything stays the same, nothing changes. That may sound redundant to you, but it really isn’t. I mean, it’s just that in order to take life to the next level, some things have to be removed because they’re only going to impede your progress. No matter where you are, or what you think you lack, there is something to be thankful for right now.

I mean, (based on your posts) you have a college degree, an honest career and I’m sure you have a lot more to be grateful for. It’s just that being grateful takes stock of all you do have without considering what you don’t. Right now, honestly, based on your posts, you have it better than most, even though you may not feel you do.

I’m sorry about your situation, but you have to let that go. You’re not going to go anywhere if you keep dwelling on him, and as a result, you’re not going to be able to grow into a better person. It’s just that when you stop growing, you start stagnating. It’s only when you are willing to get rid of the old that the opportunity for new things presents itself. It’s like a woman holding on to a bad man because she believes something is better than nothing, ya know what I mean? I just believe that many of us rob ourselves of the opportunity to experience God’s best for our lives when we dwell on past negative issues. I know it’s going to take time, but you’ve got to stop dwelling on your dad. What he did was wrong, but you can’t change that. However, you can change your attitude. At least try. I’ll read a Harry Potter book if you do.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 02-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Oh crap, that reminds me. *looks for phone*