GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,436
0 members and 1,436 guests
No Members online

Old 08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: hot, humid houston . . .how's that for alliteration?
kendra,
i know i told you this in several pm's, but DON'T worry!!!!!!! i know easier said than done right? there is an organization for everyone here. pm me if you need more advice. . .

One Heart One Way. . .
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-06-2003, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I already PMd you, but I'll say it again. This applies to every woman, regardless of size, color, etc.

You are a beautiful unique individual gifted with special abilities that would be a credit to any group of women. Hold your head high and have a blast.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

You know what I just realized.... I realized I'm going to probably spaz for the next month but when the first party starts on 9/12, I will be cool, composed and ready to wow everyone.

thx for letting me vent.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAMich
Well said Erica! I love the "real women become sorority women" line that may become part of my sig.

Hey, I'm honored!

But seriously...I know what you're going through, blueGBI. I always run through the "what ifs" before I do anything!! I'm sure you're right...as soon as the time comes, you'll be shining!

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 08-08-2003, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

another quick question

I was wondering, since I'm rushing 20 sororities this fall, would it be a problem if I name the groups I was cut from so people will know who I'm out of the running for. It'll probably help me from gettting confused.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:44 PM

Re: another quick question

Quote:
Originally posted by blueGBI
I was wondering, since I'm rushing 20 sororities this fall, would it be a problem if I name the groups I was cut from so people will know who I'm out of the running for. It'll probably help me from gettting confused.
The not wanting rushees to name groups is more for their benefit/safety than ours..but if YOU feel comfy doing it, I don't think anyone will mind.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't see a problem with that - most girls on here do one of two things:

1) Tomorrow I'm going back to Ice Cream, Cookies, Candy, Pie, and Cheesecake. The houses that I dropped/got cut from are Chi O, Gamma Phi, Kappa, and ASA.

2) Tomorrow I'm going back to Ice Cream, Cookies, Candy, Pie, and Cheesecake. Those houses, in no particular order, are AST, Pi Pi, Sigma Kappa, Theta Phi Alpha, and Tri Delta.

It's really all about what you're comfortable with - rush threads are for you, not us!
Old 08-10-2003, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

gone 4 2 wks

So yeah, I'm gone for two weeks until 8/25 (for real this time). My free trial with AOHell is done and I dont feel like starting another one when I'm about to go back to school. So these next two weeks, I'm going to rest, chill, and finish up rush shopping. I can't wait to come back and read everyone else's rush threads!

Bye
Old 08-10-2003, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Have a great time finishing getting ready, blueGBI! We can't wait to hear back from you!
Old 08-10-2003, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

enjoy your "preppin" time and get ready to have some fun.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaMelOU

Quote:
Yeah, I think it's alright to name groups that cut you
Old 08-10-2003, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I dont see why naming groups who are cut would be a problem. I would probably be easier for you and us both!

~Allison
Old 08-10-2003, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Have a good two weeks BlueGBI! See you soon!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
I know your not going to be back for anthor week or so but I want to say good luck with rush (and keeping all 20 groups straight!) Yay for anthor rush thread with SDT!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 08-21-2003, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

bad news

I have some bad news....

I found out last week that my mom has MS. She has had it since 1990, but recently she has been having problems with her left leg and shes been falling a lot. Her doctor thinks that her MS is evolving from benign to RR (relaspe-recovery) MS. So, I have to pay for everything this fall. I have a job but I have bills to pay. I can afford sorority dues after the initiating semester (dues tend to be between 200-400) but I know I'll have to do a juggling act for the fall semester if I get a bid to a group because of the initiation fees, dues, and buying the pin and etc. I hope the extra fees arent too high this fall. However, I did get an extra job as a parking monitor during welcome week that pays $7.30 an hour (thats like heaven for a college student) so I know on my first paycheck of the semester I'll have some extra cash.

I can't wait to be back on 8/25 and to be able to read the rush stories of all of the other girls rushing!